FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2007 Mummies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242243244245246>
Author
sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 1:00pm
So far this winter we've all managed to stay healthy so I hope it continues . Being sick sucks. How'd Zoe get on at the doctors?

Hope you're keeping warm SI girls? Mum said they've had some big frosts down there.

How are things going emz on your own? Well I hope.

Just got both kiddies in bed so yay for that . How much do your toddlers sleep these days? Liam usually still has a day sleep but not every day anymore.
Sponsored Links

runningmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runningmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 9:26pm
Sal my girls have late bedtimes cos of DH being a chef. They sleep until 8/8:30am (12hrs)

Thanks for the support re my Nana. She went home on Saturday. Apparently she has an inflamed bowel. Think my Uncle is moving back in with her until the end of next month just to keep an eye on her as she lives alone. Pretty scary though thinking she could've collapsed & bled to death at home alone, lucky she was out shopping with my Mum!

My toddler doesn't sleep during the day! Hasn't done for nearly a year now & yes it's hard work at times but she has quiet time on the couch watching tv ... occassionally she falls asleep

Emz I hope the next 3mths go by really quickly! If you need a coffee & break feel free to come round here for one

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 7:20pm
Peanut how is Frano going now? Any improvement?

Oh gosh ripcurl, I didn't realise she hadn't been sleeping for that long. It's good she has some quiet time though. I don't really mind if Liam doesn't sleep as I can just put TV on for him
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 7:28pm
Well , my wee boy is now on neocate and we will hopefully see an improvement in 4-10 days. I will update more later but have sooo much to do tonight.

runningmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runningmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 9:00pm
hope it's 4 days rather than 10 Peanut!

Can't believe my baby will be ONE on Thursday!!! Can't really call her a baby then either    Elise kept trying to give her presents tonight LOL kinda cute, luckliy Madison has no idea what's going on
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 10:40pm
Good to hear that your Nana's home Kirstyn. I may take you up on the coffee at some stage, thanks

Lisha, we've had headcolds here, had them a couple of weeks ago. Thankfully we're all well atm except for the kids snotty noses.

My Dad got rushed to hospital in an ambulance today Vomitting blood, fainting and dangerously low BP (75/40 at one stage). He is now stable, but on 24 hour monitoring (ie nurse beside his bed) and they'll investigate to see if it's a ruptured ulcer or something. Pretty scary, poor man has so much going on health-wise. And I'm at about the end of my stress-capabilities with Jack!

Peanut, fx for 4 days to see a difference.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 9:12am
Oh no emz, that's no good. I hope they can find out what's wrong with your Dad soon. That BP was SO low . You've had more than your fair share of drama lately... hopefully no more for a while (or ever would be better!). Hope Jack's starting to improve a little? Poor wee fella.

And Madison turning 1?!! Time goes so fast these days...
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 9:42pm
Awww Emz - that must have been scary for you!

Wow - turning one already - seems like it was only yesterday that she was born.
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 8:57am
Happy birthday Madison (sorry can't remember if it's today or around today lol) - hope you have a lovely time with your girl Kirstyn.

dad's still in hospital, waiting for a gastroscopy to find out why he's bleeding. Still only on saline and some clear fluids, no food whatsoever. He does look better though. Jack freaked out when we visited yesterday though.

Jack's doing better, had a good day and night yesterday - no night wakings We have however all come down with colds and all have yucky coughs
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 11:11am
Happy Birthday, Madison!
Just a wee bit late, sorry!

Emz, hope your dad is ok...school holidays are nearly over.

Well, Frano slept thru the night last night. Bed at 5.45pm and woke at 5.30am. It was unreal. Neocate is obviously working for him so he has probably had the intolerance since birth.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 12:30pm
How was Madison's bday yesterday rupcurl? I hope you all had a lovely day

That is AWESOME Peanut!! You won't know yourself with all the sleep you'll be getting . Fingers crossed it's just the start of long nights full of sleep.

Well after saying a few days ago that we haven't been sick, both mine have colds & coughs. Ollie had a bad night the other night but is back to normal sleeping again. It really sucks having to get up at night when you're no longer used to it (don't shoot me Peanut!)

If I have to watch Roary the Racing Car one more time I might go mental I think
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 1:43pm
Yay Peanut! That's awesome news! Glad it's working for him (and you).

I've lost my voice - it better be back by Tuesday or I'm screwed as that's the first day back at school for me

Dad's out of hospital - had a hernia in his oesophagus. They're treating it and he has to stay off one of his meds that caused it (prolonged use over 20+ years)
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 2:01pm
Sally, everytime i see Roary stuff, I think of you. Mac isn't really into it but loves fricken Mickey Mouse. I won't shoot you but only because I have had sleep

Emz, pleased to hear about your Dad. Dumb on the voice though.

Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 11:28am
Peanut- is Mac still waking up at 5.30 am??

Better to have Mickey Mouse than The Wiggles

YAY - back to preschool today for Lucy. She has been driving me bonkers. Can't believe that she is starting school next year, and turning 5 in Dec. Where has the time gone.

And Zoe - being on 2.5 years, acts so much older. Is talking non stop and full on sentances. She has grown up way too fast

Hope that everyone has a good week
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 12:42pm
Yip, he usually wakes between 5.30 and 6.30am but Frano wakes fo rthe day at 5.30am. I must bred early risers.

kakapo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 9:06pm

Ugh, don't know how you handle those early morning wake ups Peanut  .  I'm so not a morning person.  Not that it really matters atm with all night wakings to contend with .  Leah is pretty good, but does often need a quick resettle - usually anytime from 4am onward (and sometimes about 20 x a night ).

Edited by kakapo
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 10:10pm
TBH, I probably wouldn't offer as there is lots of support groups she will find anyway and probably people closer to her age (no offence to the MIL). I would def send a card to the person you were closest to.

On a side note, I think Becks is friends with or works with the sister.

Thats a horrible thing to have happen to your DH and MIL. She must be an incredibly strong woman

kakapo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 9:10am

Thanks Peanut, that's good advice .  Do you mean Mummybecks?  Wonder which of the two sisters she's friends with?

From the stories, MIL found it rather tough initially (as you would!) but you'd never guess what she's been through - she is really strong.  I always think of her life if I'm having a bad day ... makes my troubles pale into insignificance .

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 12:00pm
Mummybecks, yip. I think the name was Anna but could be wrong.

kakapo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 12:25pm

Yep, Anna is his younger sister - I know his older sister Nikki.

Leah is going through that squealing stage atm .... so funny and cute!  She's decided that's how she'll tell me she wants to get up after a sleep in the cot.  I keep getting a fright - after a long period of silence this ear piercing squeal comes through on the monitor hahaha.  She's trying really hard to roll, and makes it halfway over several times - then the squeals start sounding frustrated.  Must be so annoying watching everyone else able to move around as they wish while you're stuck on your back or tummy on the floor.

Do your toddlers have a sense of humour yet?  Jimmy just loves toilet humour (guess who taught him that) and yesterday he cracked up when I accidently said "mump" instead of truck when reading him a book.  He then made me say mump instead of truck throughout the whole book and just about wet his pants.  Crazy dude  .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242243244245246>