FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDec/Jan 06 toddlers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dec/Jan 06 toddlers
    Posted: 12 February 2008 at 4:26pm
Hi there! Our eldest was born in Jan 06 and was just wondering how all the others are getting on too!

Sponsored Links

Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 10:04pm
Hi Jack was born Jan 14

Whats your wee guy up to?

Jack says no to everything and is starting to copy everything you say. He climbs up everything and then goes three two three two and then jumps lol. Hes doing poos in the potty and has just started on wees Hes still wakes about 50% of the time at night and sleeps for about 1.5 hours during the day.
bri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 1:12pm
Sounds like he's doing brilliantly! :) Kahn hasn't get near the toilet training yet, he sat on the loo and freaked out so i think we'll give it a miss for the moment :) Is he enjoying having a little sister? It's so lovely watching our two boys together, Kahn likes to jump around and make Luca laugh which is really sweet.
It's funny that you mention the 3, 2, 3, 2 counting! kahn counts 1,2,1,2 Fortunately he's a good sleeper, we still get around 3 hours in the afternoon and down again at 7pm (long may it last!!) and i'm holding onto it with both hands!   Have you gone and enrolled Jack at kindy? i heard somewhere you do it at 2, but i'm not sure.

MorgansMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorgansMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 1:45pm
Hi there

our daughter Morgan was born on 4/1/06 and is into everything, copies everything we say (just need to be careful), not quite at the toilet training stage but likes to strip naked and sit on the loo lol.
She is also still sleeping well 2.5 hrs during the day and then all night,except when she falls out of bed which she seems to be doing alot lately.
I have found that she has been hard to settle at night lately but think it could be the heat.
Morgan, Libby

bri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 2:17pm
Our kids share a birthday Morgan's mum I know what you mean about the copying! I got to the car after playcentre yesterday and realised i'd left our bag behind. I must have muttered 'b*llocks' (though i don't remember saying it!) as i had it repeated back to me 3 times on our way back through the other parents!! How embarrassing

Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 2:39pm
Lol Jack went through a stage of saying the f word, just yelling it out over and over, thankfully that stopped. Yes Jack loves Caprece and is really protective its so cute, but I think sometimes Caprece tries to wind him up when hes grumpy by pulling his hair or stealing his toys.
I'm undecided about kindy I might put his name down and then decide later on. We go to playcentre too and that seems to fine for him at the moment. I think with kindy you put their name down at 2 and then when a place comes up they take them (usually around 3 I think) and I think they have to be toilet trained but I'm unsure about that.
bri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2008 at 8:43am
I think you're right about the kindy thing. I phoned up our local one and she said to bring him down to enrol, but that they're not taking them til 3 years 9 months!! so i think i'll enrol, but just stay at playcentre and see how things are going around the time he gets the big 'call' from kindy. HOw are you managing with 2 kids at playcentre? my mum took Luca for the morning yesterday so Kahn and i could go to PC by ourselves and i missed him so much!! it's funny. Even Kahn was all out of sorts with his brother not there, so he must enjoy his company there as well. It's so lovely with this age seeing them try and make friends and play with other kids. I get so excited when i see him go over and start a game with another toddler! it will be funny when they're older and have a best friend round for sleep overs etc. Gosh my poor boy's only just 2 and i'm already planning for when he's 5 or 6!!
Poor you and the 'f' word. I figure it's only a matter of time before something undesirable comes out of his mouth infront of the MIL!!!

Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2008 at 1:19pm
We are finding playcentre great with 2, Caprece loves it so much and so does Jack. It does get a bit hard when I'm trying to put Caprece to sleep or play with her and Jack wants me to play with him.

Rach86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rach86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2009 at 4:22pm
Hi there,
My boy Cole was born on the 08/jan2006, We moved to nzin feb 08 so i wanted to get him into kindy as soon as poss so he could make new friends, I got him into one and he really hated it but luckley we found another brill kindy which he loves and doesnt want to leave lol

He's been sleeping all night since weeks!!! i was so lucky he doesnt sleep duringthe day any more which is hard when am wanting to get things done. Heis doing great with potty and has just starting going dy at nights now but still have nappy on in case.
gossamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2009 at 6:58pm
Hey everyone,

Teuila was born 27 Jan 06..shes very outgoing and happy, and very very talkative!

Shes very tall for her age, looks at least 4 if not school age, luckily shes quite on to it so she can keep up with the big kids!

Shes been at kindy 3 days a week since she was 2 and a half, just for a few hours a day, and she loves it!

Edited by gossamer
T (6)
A (2)
Our angel baby Sep 2011

ooEvaoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooEvaoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2009 at 12:21pm
Wow great to see some action happening in this thread!!...even though I am a little late to spot it lol. My boy aint at the toilet training stage yet....hoever he has been mimicking wiping himself....(yes I find lots of toilet paper stuffed down his nappy lol), but yea for now he's only telling me he has poos, after the fact. He can count from 1 to 6....not always in a linear pattern but hey I'm not complaining!. He absolutely loves daycare most of the time we stay for an extra 10 minutes after I've picked him up cos he doesn't want to leave lol. I would think that he's at the right stage to be having a sibling, he absolutely adores babies..but it'll be at least 2 years before that happens!. Oh yea he's a parrot too, so cute when we copies my full sentences to him!.

Post Reply Post Reply