FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch & April 2008 Mummies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 273>
Author
LockieandLiam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: March & April 2008 Mummies
    Posted: 10 March 2008 at 3:55pm
Thought I would start up a thread and if Emma would be so kind as to make it sticky that would be fab.

Will get around to posting photos soon, just need to get my a into g and download some.

Well Liam was a right angel all day yesterday, but last night he decided he would wake at 10.15pm, 1.30am (ended up finally getting him settled about 4am) and then 6.15am and he has slept like a trooper today again. Not sure what the go was there maybe different surroundings, could have been a little cold or my mw thinks it could have been my milk coming in properly. So here's hoping for a slightly better night. Its a real pain getting in and out of bed after having a section and also have to wear a cathetar. Fingers crossed that can come out on Wednesday. I have to have a cystogram (where they run dye through my bladder to see if all is well) before they will remove it. DH was just wonderful last night he would get Liam out of bed for me, change his nappy and then put him back to bed. I feel really bad for him as he must be just as shattered as me.

Lockie has taken to his little brother really well and loves to give him kisses and cuddles. It looks so cute.

Sponsored Links

emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2008 at 7:54am
Oh Dawn you poor thing, what with the cathetar and sore tummy, you are lucky dh is at home and being a star dad, when have you got him until?

So cute that Lockie is loving his brother, I'm so scared Ben will sit on this one or poke it! but time will tell....!

As for sleep Ben was a 7pm, 9pm 11pm 1pm 4pm feeder until he was months and months old, so don't despair you are doing well!, i am seriously praying for a sleeper this time. Is he waking Lockie up? Ben sleeps so lightly I'm worried any noise will wake him up espcially a crying baby..

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2008 at 8:33am
congrats mummy...how come you got to go home..i had to stay with my catheter etc for 4 days well 2 day catheter and 4 day stay!:( (i had to have it for a while due to blood in wee) and yeah my wee man did sleeping during the day and not much at night for a while too..i read your story just glad things are going ok for you and you have a great Dh to help..!
Mum to two amazing boys!
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2008 at 11:53am
Ohhh a March & April mum thread exciting!

Dawn, its great that your DH is so supportive. Stu was really good when we had Ollie, he would always get up with me to do the nappy changes at night - though once he went back to work I tried to get to Ollie quickly so he wouldn't wake. 9 times out of 10 he would still get up though.

How was last night? I hope Liam was more settled for you. Geez it was hard enough in those early days after a normal birth, I can't imagine how you're coping after having a c-sect and still having a catheter in!

And that is so gorgeous of Lockie giving kisses and cuddles to Liam. I'm like you Emma and a little worried about how Ollie is going to react.
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
lucky3rdtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2008 at 1:37pm
Hi guys I just twigged i should be posting in the mums section rather than the pregnancy section now.   I guess old habits die hard.

I thought I would post in both Jan and Feb mums and March mums since Gabrielle was supposed to be a Feb baby but born on 1st March.

We are doing pretty well here, still just letting her wake whenever at the moment as she is less than 2 weeks old, but we'll see how it goes and if she gets into a routine herself or not in a few weeks, I haven't found the night feeds too bad, its just sort of automatic how you get up and feed and back to bed, she usually wakes about every 4 hours but sometimes 3 and sometimes 5-6, and she settles well, only grizzles occasionally, I guess i am lucky there, she is content to look at her black and white book in her cot before drifting off.

We are wrapping her, but she usually manages to get one arm free while sleeping. And I always give her a bit of cuddle time before putting her back into the cot, but she is always awake when I put her back to bed. At the night feeds I keep her in her room and keep it darkened and I sing to her when I cuddle her, I am trying to keep the day and night feeds different so she knows the difference or starts to learn the difference, but its all a bit of an experiment for a first timer anyway, so we'll see how it goes.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2008 at 1:50pm
just wanted to say Tiff very busy but doing great with Rohann...:) sure she will get here eventually
Mum to two amazing boys!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2008 at 2:08pm
No probs Kawww, we all understand!! I am hoping to see her at the antenatal coffee group tomorrow maybe.
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2008 at 2:38pm
Lucky - for a first timer it sounds like you are doing a great job! And by the way Gabrielle is adorable
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2008 at 3:25pm
OK, cos I'm a geek and like lists ...

Look at all that pink!

31st January: Tishy (Trish) - Eimear (1:49pm, 2.2kg/5lb) & Aoife (1:50pm, 1.64kg/3lb 10oz)

1st March: mum2bx2 (Haley) - Annabelle Jade (12:15am, 2.64kg/5lb 13oz) & Lachlan Xavier (12:15am, 2.81kg/6lb 3oz)
1st March: lucky3rdtime - Gabrielle Catherine (10:50am, 3.02kg/6lb 10oz)
2nd March: Tiff - Rohann Grace (2:22pm, 4.14kg/9lb 2oz, 53cm)
3rd March: Pesky (Jane) - Olivia Grace (2:00pm, 3.57kg/7lb 14oz)
3rd March: Leeann (Leeann) - Chloe Anne (9:18pm, 3.40kg/7lb 8oz)
5th March: Lockie&Liam (Dawn) - Liam Harry (12:53am, 4.02kg/8lb 14oz, 57cm)
5th March: AmeliasmumHelen (Helen) - Amelia Dawn (11:15am, 4.10kg/9lb 1oz)
5th March: Nic01 (Nicki) - Isabella Aislyn (12:35pm, 3.885kg/8lb 9oz)
9th March: butterfly13 (Heather) - Andrew David (11.16pm, 3.68kg/8lb 1.5oz)
12th March: bizzy (Deborah) - Eden Loyis (4:18pm, 4.00/8lb 13oz)
17th March: emmaohara (Emma) - Sophia Elizabeth (1pm, 4.02/8lb 14oz,56cm)
??th March: nicci (Nicci) - Lincoln ()
24th March: mummydee (Daphne) - Lilia Eva Anne (9.20am, 4.13kg/9lb 2oz, 51cm)
26th March: daizy (Christy) - Maddison Grace (8.25am, 4.25kg/9lb 6oz, 48cm)
26th March: jodie (Jodie) - Hannah (10.54pm, 3.35kg/7lb 6oz)
29th March: anjiebaby (Anj) - Billie James LeRoy (11.37pm, 4.07kg/8lb 15.5oz
31st March: kiwiwonder (Margo) - Katerina Joan (2.28am, 3.015kg/6lb 10oz)
31st March: delnic2005 (Katrina) - Alexander John Tony (8.57pm, 3.31kg/7lb 4oz, 52.5cm)

2nd April: solgirl (Gaylene) – Paige Elizabeth (3.91kg/8lb 10oz)
3rd April: zacksmum (Shar) - Zack (5.08am, 3.97kg/8lb 12oz)
7th April: zakjac (Kylie) - Mihlan Carys ()
11th April: marg1 (Marg) - Holly Maryrose Steiner()
12th April: nonny () - Sasha ()
25th April: kaiz231 (Kylie) - Jackson (4.17kg/9lb 3oz)

Apologies if I've missed anyone, feel free to add yourself in (or let me know and I will if you like)

Edited by mummydee
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2008 at 3:48pm
Like Lucky3rdtime, I'm going to post in both the Jan/Feb thread and this one at my 40week due date was 3rd march

The girls are doing great Eimear is now 3.59kgs and Aoife is 2.71kgs.

For our night time feeds, DH goes to bed at 9pm and sleeps through to the 4am feed. Mum helps me with the 12am feed.
Mum leaves on Sunday, after a 5week stay, and DHs parents arrive for 10 days. Not sure what what it'll work once they're all gone.

We're feeding both girls together. Aoife normally wakes after about 3 - 3.5hours and we wake Eimear as well. We sometimes get 4hours at night time, a bit longer sometimes if we wrap them.

I'm still using Nipple shields as the girls had problems latching at the start. I've had some attempts without the shields but finding the time and patience to get them off completely is proving to be difficult
There's a Lactation consultant at Plunket so I think I might go there on Monday morning so I can get some help from her. Plus it'll allocate time to 'nipple shield removal'

We had our last midwife app today, have a 6 week checkup at the hospital for the girls tomorrow and have the immunisations on Thursday.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2008 at 4:54pm
doubledee can you add to Gabrielle that she was born at 10.50am and weighed in at 3020g or 6lb 10oz.

Fingers crossed she is asleep, haven't heard any grizzling for about 15mins, just lately she doesn't settle so well in the afternoon, still goes down eventually, but sometimes I don't think she sleeps between one feed and another in the afternoon, but is mostly quiet through it so I just leave her in her cot until she kicks up.

Tishy I can't imagine how much more difficult it must be with twins, when i was first pregnant i thought it might be nice to have twins, but now I'm happy with just the one
pesky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 12:57am
Hi!
So great that everyone's doing well.

Dawn Lockie sounds super cute.

Ummm.. contraception!? Do hormines lke estrogen and progestrerone pass through the breast milk? What did you guys use?

Jane

Edited by pesky
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 2:37am
My midwife told me that I can either use the mini pill, IUD or condoms.
I was on the mini pill before but I'm not sure how likely it is I'll remember to take the pill at the right time every day now

We're thinking about going for the IUD, however it seems so final and eliminates the risk of any 'oopsies' I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing. LOL!

She also said it's recommended to wait 2 years for your body to recover after a c-section. Has anyone else been told that?

2 years is probably the time it'll take for me to recover from 2 newborns anyway
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 8:27am
tishy i got told that but everyone else tells me they didnt and arent waiting...we are starting trying next jan... but will see how i feel i can see how it takes 2 years to recover!!:)
Mum to two amazing boys!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 11:30am

7 hours old

First bath

Isn't love grand

The men in my life

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 11:31am
Oops photos rather large and I did resize them for message board too!!! I wonder what is going on there.

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 11:41am
Liam looks just beautiful Mummy2one
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 11:43am
He's gorgeous! Love the last photo!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 11:50am
Right have read through all the posts so think I have caught up on all the going ons.

Rachel - Gabrielle is adorable, is that blonde locks I can see.

Lockie hasn't woken touch wood during the night yet, I was so scared of that happening. Lockie is still pretty excited about the whole thing of having a baby in the house and all a bit much for him. Yesterday DH called into our neighbours to finally tell them that Liam had arrived and they have two girls (who Lockie plays up to big time anyway), he was so excited to show them his little brother it was very cute. We are finding though that we wants to be around us constantly and the whole nap time, bedtime takes alot longer. It's like he needs the reassurance. It took him until 8.30pm to go to sleep last night, with DH going in and saying good night to him again and then he was asking for me, hence I couldn't go as I was feeding Liam at the time. It must be so much for a toddler to take in. So girls expect some behavourial changes I would say.

Can't remember what Liam did on Monday night but last night it was even better. He woke at 7pm, down finally by 9pm (after a couple of poo episodes), woke at 1am (he wanted to celebrate his 1 week birthday), down by 2pm and woke just before 6am, down again by 6.45am and then went back to sleep until 9am. Finally got him to sleep at 11am. He gets unsettled if he has a funny tummy and can't poo, and you know he wants to but there doesn't seem to be anything you can do about it. Might ask mw if she can recommend anything.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 3:09pm
Cool photos mummy2one, yeah Gabrielle has sort of light brown hair, not much of it though, I think she gets it from my Dad as both me and DH have dark brown hair.

I posted in the Jan and Feb thread that yesterday Gabs set off her monitor alarm, we were a bit worried as it had happened once before so I spoke to the mw last night, she said not to worry unless she has gone blue and that it will be sleep apnoea which is normal in infants and they grow out of it. She made me feel better about it, cos we were pretty stressed out, it happened a few more times during the same sleep, so we just checked her everytime. The alarm would always turn off before we got to her room which means she moved and she was always her usual pink self, so we will just keep an eye on her.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 273>