FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGinger and mellybelly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
Author
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 5:03pm
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH EXCITING!!!!!!! Good luck hun!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 8:08am
All the best melly!! I'm keeping things crossed for about 8 or 9 perfect eggs!!

11am ... only 3 hours away!!
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 8:46am
I think she mean't Thursday ..... those drugs must be affecting her brain (he he)
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 9:15am
Hi Ginger

Wanted to let you know I've been thinking of you, but am crap with "supportive words" and *hugs* seems a bit trite. Ah well, I'll say it anyway *hugs* Hope things work out for you.

And Melly and others, good luck to you all as well. I feel bad complaining about my devil spawn when you ladies have so much trouble getting one of your own. All the best so you can join us in the moaning soon, lol.
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 9:44am
Oh. Doh. I blame my drugs for me not realising that Of course it's 36 hours! (we're on the same drugs - funny how we buggered up the same calculation!)
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 9:45am
And fattarts? Just because we're in the situation we're in doesn't mean we can't appreciate a devil spawn I said to DH the other day that I am SURE that I have seen more children throw tantrums since starting IVF!!
mellybelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellybelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 10:16am
yeah i did mean at 11am on Thursday - doh!

Not too keen on that trigger injection though, it was the most painful of the lot. DH had a few attempts at getting it to pierce the skin, then it finally went through - not the kind of problems you want at 11pm at night when there is no one around to help.....got a bit panicky but all ok.
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 10:30am
Hmmm ... mine yesterday was fine (aside from the massive hormone surge! ), but your problems would explain why the nurse had a death-grib on my stomach and threw it in there dart-style! I just looked at the ceiling while she was doing it (have taken to giving myself my injections with my eyes closed - seems to hurt less that way! ) so I didn't see if it was a much bigger needle or not. I'm guessing so though because the Buserelin needles are the finest gauge of needle you get.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellybelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2008 at 10:33am
So ginger - where are you at now? Have you started back on the buserelin injections?
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2008 at 10:38am
I hope all is going ok ginger!

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2008 at 8:20am
I'm doing ok - we just kept the Buserelin going right through the trigger period. I think the plan was that the trigger would cause the follicles to ovulate and the Buserelin would, everything crossed, mean that there would be no chance for more follicles to grow. Whether it works remains to be seen - my next BT for down-reg is the 15th.

In the meantime, I feel completely horrible and I'm taking that as a good sign that the Buserelin is actually doing what it's supposed to this time.

How are things with you melly? How are things developing?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellybelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2008 at 5:44pm
Hey Ginger, glad they kept you on Buserelin, just wasn't sure if you had to stop and start.

I would agree, if you are feeling as terrible as it sounds then it will be working - I was terrible on it, just wait till you start puregon, mind you I was on Gonal F so you may be ok. As I've mentioned I had the final week of work as headaches and tiredness got the better of me and couldn't concentrate - can't remember what your job is, but mine is solving problems so concentration is a big thing.
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 8:17am
I'm pretty lucky with work - they know what I'm doing and although it's not the easiest to take time out, if I need it I'm taking it and that's the end of it.

I think the idea of keeping me on Buserelin was to not give any more follicles a chance to grow. Here's hoping it's worked! Mentally, the injections are getting harder just because I've been doing them for weeks and I feel like they're not getting me anywhere. Silly as it sounds, I feel like when my alarm goes off to remind me to do the Buserelin!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellybelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 1:43pm
Wait till your alarm goes off to remind you to take your pessaries...
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 1:50pm

It's such a fun time
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 5:03pm
ginger you are doing well chick!

Are the pessaries really yuck melly?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellybelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 5:07pm
not really - just get used to them...it's the discharge thats not pleasant...sorry TMI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellybelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 9:00am
Ginger - all the best for BT today, I really hope you've down regulated nicely and can move on to the next step
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 9:51am
Thanks melly I'm hopeful - I've had another bleed which should be a good sign (although we all remember what happened last time). At the moment though I'm nursing a very sore arm - my veins are apparently really deep so they had to dig for it It went completely numb there for a bit after the BT!

The days are counting down for you melly! When is your BT?
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 12:21pm
oooh waiting with anticipation for your results ginger and hoping for the best news!

you should be getting close now are ya melly?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>