FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSmelly insert’s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smelly insert’s
    Posted: 01 April 2008 at 6:36pm
Ok so being new to the whole pocket thing only my second time using them I got them off a friend they seem to have a funny odur now I know its baking soda and something? that help's this.

Deborah Mum to:

Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 6:37pm
Theres a few things you can try:
- adding baking soda and/or white vinegar to the wash
- giving them a scrub with dishwashing liquid
- washing with dettol or canestan
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 11:03am
I find if I don't wash in hot they smell.
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 11:58am
Try the detol in wash stuff, its great! Smells really nice and gets rid if those nasty smells! My inserts get smelly if I don't use it atleast once a week.
Nicky, Mum to Alex (5) & Sophie (3)
Instinct View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Instinct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 1:50pm
I have been hearing a bit about vinegar and baking soda deteriorating the elastic on nappies with prolonged use, so not something I recommend any longer. Bum Genius warranty is void with the use of these so just be careful if you have these nappies!

I would suggest using a scrubbing brush and dishwashing detergent (eco friendly)and scrub the nappy that way.
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 5:02pm
Ooh close shave! I was going to strip my nappies tonight and half of them are BG. Thanks Karyn I'll go the dishwashing liquid route.

Post Reply Post Reply