FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedA quick nappy rash question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A quick nappy rash question
    Posted: 15 April 2008 at 5:41pm
I just went through Emmas post but there were about 50 different things to try (and I have no sudocream) so just need a few questions answered before Jack goes to bed.
His rash was from a stinging poo being in his nappy too long (bad mummy couldn't smell it and he kept saying he didn't have one) so whats my best plan of attack? I was going to put thant stinky green stuff (pinetarsis or something) in his bath. Can I just sprinkly baking soda on or is that not so smart? My only other options are bepanthen or zinc and castor oil so whats best?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

kiwivic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwivic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 6:37pm
I'd definitely put baking soda in the bath water - just plain bath water (shallow) with 2 heaped tablespoons of baking soda. It'll really help calm the redness. Then I'd just use a barrier cream - such as Tui Bee Balm - to protect the skin from wee sting.

Poor love

Vic xx
Mama-Me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama-Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 7:55pm
argh we are constantly battling nappy rash and we find sudocrem to be the one that works for us.

But just wanted to say yes I have heard baking soda in the bath can be good.
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 8:41pm
Baking soda in the bath is great.
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 8:42pm
sudocream for us here too and of course, nappy free time. i'd use the baking soda in the bath, then the barrier cream.

if that doesn't clear it up....get yourself some sudocream girl!

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 8:48pm
I still have my sample thing of sudocream from my bounty pack that has one teeny dent in it from me touching it. I've never used it
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 8:59pm
Thanks everyone I might have to get some sudocream for next time. We used to have some but Jack got into and covered the dog in it
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 9:01pm
Cornflour is very good, fully recommend it.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by .Mel .Mel wrote:

Cornflour is very good, fully recommend it.

Do you just sprinkle it on their bum or mix it with something?
MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 10:03pm
I think i actually remember seeing my mum sprinkle it on my sister. Not mixed with anything.

Hope it clears up. We have'nt had it yet here.
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
kiwivic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwivic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 11:11pm
Yes, I've heard that cornflour is excellent, although I haven't tried it myself (haven't had to deal with nappy rash since hearing it!). You're supposed to just sprinkle it - you could refil an old talc container to get a good fine powder.

Vic xx
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 10:02am
isnt sudocream the same as zinc and caster oil?
MorgansMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorgansMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 12:23pm
lucas PAW PAW cream that you get from a health shop is great works on almost any type of rash and its natural.
Its about $17 for a tub and it lasts for ages
Morgan, Libby

Post Reply Post Reply