FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue Jan 2009!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 694>
Author
sonyaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonyaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 9:09am
good to see you got it sorted mel

SHAY 9
QUIN 7
2 angels @9wk 1 day on 30-04-09
our angel 6-06-07
Sponsored Links

Katte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 3:42pm
Feeling like a big bloated beach ball today! Also had some serious twinges in the lower right abdomen. Still hasn't completely sunk in that I am actually pregnant. Far too exciting. Think I have sorted out a midwife. It is hard when you don't know them and yet are trusting them with looking after you and your baby. She seems pretty nice so far so should be no worries.

nictoddie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nictoddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 3:58pm
Congrats Jan 09 mums wow oh wow, we just found out yesterday we are preggers with no 3 so very exciting due 26th dec,
Katte are you in palmy by any chance????
Katte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 4:07pm
Very close to... Sanson. Why?

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 4:07pm
i was having serious twinges yesterday. had me a little freaked, but then i read that it was just my uterus stretching!

i have no desire for food today, and feeling quite ill. I didnt realise that started so early! sweet tea is the only thing i seem to be able to stomach.

hope everyone else is doing fine.

congratulations nictoddie!

Katte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 4:16pm
Melanie - so sorry you aren't feeling well. I am very grateful every day that I wake up and don't feel sick. I know ms is probably inevitable for me but am soooo hoping it isn't as bad as with my first! If it's any consolation, everyone told me it meant baby was doing well and pumping out lots of hcg!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 4:33pm
well healthy bub is whats important! I am more worried that it means there is a double dose of HCG, DH and I both have twins in the family... and guess what, both are due this generation!

other than that I am very excited (not that i wouldnt be happy with twins btw). We are going to DH's parents tonight to break the news. We decided to tell parents only before the 12 week mark.

we went and looked at baby clothes today... but refrained from buying anything. it is a weird feeling, i am a mum!

Mum2L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 5:47pm
-

Edited by lady_aset
Mum2L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 5:56pm
Plus I decided to do another HPT, just to see how quickly the result came up and how dark the line was... well after adding the urine to the quickcard, a positive result came up in 10 seconds!!! and the result line was a very dark pink as well.... good to know my liitle sprat is producing lots of hCG at the moment

Katte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 6:06pm
I am with you on the caffeine withdrawals. I am a V addict so gave that up as soon as I found out I was pregnant. My body is not happy with that decision at all! My boobs haven't grown that much yet but are definately letting me know they are there!

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 6:54pm
congratulations nictoddie.

I am also a bad coffee addict and am trying to drink tea/milo instead as at least that isn't quite as bad. I would drink decaf but all the chemicals they use to get the caffeine out make it worse than the real stuff, not sure but might be the same with coke zero so probably good that its making you feel sick.
I have a general quesy feeling all day but don't feel too bad and am keeping up the snacking which is helping to a degree, hope it doesn't kick in as bad as it did with Spencer cos with him the thought of every type of food made me want to vomit and I barely ate for weeks, made up for it later in the pregnancy though
Boobies don't feel too bad at the moment, hopefully they will get sore soon (I know that sounds backwards but it means things are doing what they are suppose to)

I went to work today and am very tired now was suppose to sort a load of stuff out tonight but think I will veg out instead.

Edited by cuppatea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 8:08pm
well, i have not been sick... yet. i managed to eat a sammie for dinner and have not felt to bad since. I have to sit/stand slowly though!

My boobs are a little tender, but my nipples feel like they have tiger balm on them... tmi i know.

its weird how quickly your body changes. but its good to know you girls are here if i have any worries.

off the inlaws after to coro... cant wait to tell them.

Edited by melnel

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 10:20pm
*lurking*

Congratulations to all the new mummies to be! Here's to a healthy 8 or so months

And special congrats to you Marisa! Stick bubba stick

*lurker out*
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
Katte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 6:14am
Is anyone finding they are waking up at stupidly early hours of the morning i.e. 5am and not being able to get back to sleep? Frustrating! I am a morning person anyway but this is just a bit ridiculous.

sonyaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonyaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 6:30am
***lurking***

i am finding that but only recently it either 1am-3am or if i stay up a bit later like last night then it 5am and no going back to sleep for me. when i was in the early days of this pregnancy i couldnt get enough sleep but it a different story now. hope it gets better for you rather than worse

SHAY 9
QUIN 7
2 angels @9wk 1 day on 30-04-09
our angel 6-06-07
nictoddie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nictoddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 7:47am
Originally posted by Katte Katte wrote:

Very close to... Sanson. Why?

Just when you mentioned your midwife had passed away a friend of mine had her for her kids as well and mentioned it .......... and with the no private obs etc, as I am a Palmy mum as well and I will be having shared care with midwife/hospital as will be having elect c-section as have two previous , who did you get for a midwife? I have Megan Holloway who is a friend so will be nice had her as a student midwife with my son and did straight hospital with my daughter as did not think anyone would take be on being elect c had major complications with her and had her at 30 weeks, so hoping for a trouble free pregnancy this time round
Katte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 8:15am
nictoddie - thanks for that! Am looking at going through the same midwife place as you. Spoke to Jo Henwood yesterday. She seemed lovely and wasn't worried about taking on my problems from last time! If my asthma or hyperemesis kicks in again I will probably end up under the hospital but am doing everything in my power not to! Had an emergency C-section last time but am going to try for a natural this time as I had a placental tear last time so all going well I should be able to push him/her out! Kinda scary as I haven't gone through the birthing process so all the unknowns are there again for me as if I was a first time Mum.

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 9:34am
Hey Katte, I am kind of the same as Spencer was breech so I had a c/s. I did experience some labour pains as my waters broke and I went into labour at 35 weeks (and didn't know he was breech till I got to the hospital), but my labour stopped though so I spent 3 weeks in hospital and then had an elective c/s at 38 weeks. So have experienced some of labour but not full on stuff.
Am a bit worried as they couldn't explain why my labour kept starting but not progressing, I was prepped for emergency c/s 4 times and then because things didn't progress they just sent me back to the maternity ward to wait. They threatened to fly me to either wellington or sydney at one point as well cos of the lack of neonatal beds in Christchurch and the rest of the country. Luckily as he stayed put till 38 weeks we didn't need to worry about that in the end.

Katte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 7:03pm
I know this is going to sound completely insane and those of you that have ms are going to want to smack me one, but I am finding it very unnerving that I am not feeling even remotely sick. It is actually worrying me as I was so incredibly sick with my first pregnancy that I am going 'what is wrong'! Boobs are only slightly aching but the only real major pregnancy signs I am getting are sharp twinges from my uterus, positive HPT's and missed af! I'm sure I will start praying to the porcelein god in the next week or two but it doesn't even feel like I am pregnant! Odd

Mum2L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 7:43pm
How is everyone this evening?

I had my second appt with my GP today, she did a vaginal and cervical swab to make sure I don't have bacterial vaginosis or thrush...

My GP also told me the results from my antenatal screening blood test, and everything is normal I also finally know my blood type, which is O+..

And I thought my breasts were the most sore and tender yesterday.... well I was wrong

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 694>