FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue Jan 2009!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 694>
Author
Katte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 7:24am
Morning! Well managed to sleep through till 6.30amm, which is a minor miracle for me! 4 yr old still snoozing her head off which means I can get some chores done. Lucky me! Hope everyone is feeling okay and have a good day.

Oops...spoke to soon...4yr old awake! Need to go and have some breakfast. Don't want to give ms any chance to sneak on in

Sponsored Links

Katte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 8:40am
Oh great...4yr old has just decided to start vomitting. Poor wee sausage. Think I am going to be a bit frazzled by the time DH gets back on Monday.

By the way...anyone having lower back pain?

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 9:18am
Hey,
Yeah I have lower back pain, I think it is everything stretching again. I know that stretching pains are suppose to be worse second time around.

Mel, I am loo checking all the time as well. How comes you are having an early scan? Is it just cos twins run in your family?
Hope everyone has a good weekend.

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 9:25am
Oh poor you! What a way to start the day.

I have had a few back aches, but its only been mid evening when I am starting to relax for the day.

Last night I got really upset because I was getting cramps and they felt like a bit like AF. DH looked at me and said "Surely everything is changing in there, things will be getting bigger and moving about to make room for a baby. Shouldnt it be a bit uncomfortable" He must have been doing some research! Bless him, its just what I needed to hear.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 9:32am
I dont know why I am getting an early scan. The form just says for confirmation. Maybe because its our first???

Either way, I am happy to get it done. Last time I had an ultrasound it was to see if I had gall stones and I cried because my uterus was empty. The poor radiographer was young and didnt quite know what do with a crazy like me

I just dont what the stretching is supposed to feel like. So I am very nervous! I am getting worried now when I dont feel anything. I need a hobby

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 10:08am
I always get a feeling like AF is about to start, so feels a bit crampy but not as much as when you have AF and that makes my back ache. The other pain is sharp shooting pains, they don't last very long though. I did get them with Spencer but not until 2nd trimester.

Yeah I dunno why you are getting the scan, normally you don't have one until 12 weeks unless they suspect that there is a problem or you have had a previous m/c. Although don't panic your doc might just send everyone for them, I have a friend who went through a private OB and he sent everyone for early scans as routine.
I dunno whether to have the early scan or not the gp has left it up to me I might just wait till the 12 week one.

I hope Emma-Katte is feeling better soon. Bummer that your DH is away and you have to deal with it on your own.

Katte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 10:19am
Yep...I am with you on the loo checking! This is probably TMI but are you guys still getting some sort of creamyish discharge? Because my first pregnancy was a complete shock, I don't recall anything that happened very early on.

I know what you mean about not feeling anything! My boob pain is very sporadic but the back ache is kinda permanent. My DH is quite surprised too that I haven't started praying to the porcelain god yet! Mind you, with my wee girl vomitting today there isn't any room in the toilet for Mummy so it is just as well!

Every pregnancy is so different so it's really hard to judge against others experiences. Although ms would confirm to me I am indeed pregnant and the little peanut is doing well, I could definately do without it.

The two of us are just going to have a very quiet weekend. Chilling out watching dvd's (they will all be kids ones of course!). Feels like winter is here today so don't feel like venturing too far anyway.

Mum2L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 10:24am
-

Edited by lady_aset

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 11:22am
Im not too worried about the scan. We were actually walking out the door when the DR came running after me. She might just give them to everyone.

I was thinking it might be because she predicted my due date as 28th Dec and I disagreed because I have 5 week cycle not 4 week.

I am not really having anything today. A bit of crampy, slightly sensitive nipples and tiny waves of nausea not very often. Will enjoy it while I can.

Have a great day ladies.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 12:46pm
oh and yes to the discharge katte

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 3:06pm
Oh yeah it could be for dates then as the earlier they scan the more accurate date they can give you. 5 week cycle, lucky you.

Yes Katte, TMI but I think if anything I have an increased amount, is why I keep going to the loo cos i'm worried each time I feel it that it is blood.

Lady-aset, I just went with a midwife last time and it was fine, I did end up seeing obs at the hospital cos of the complications that i had but if that hadn't of happened I would of been happy under just the care of the midwife. Am with a midwife this time too but will see an obs at about 28 weeks (I think) cos of having a c/s previously. I think I get a late scan as well to check position.

We just all went out shopping, I had to get some new swimming gear as Spencers lessons start again on monday and my cossie was just about falling apart. I got short and a t-shirt type top cos I thought that would allow me to expand. We bought a nice new winter duvet as well so i'm looking forward to being toasty warm tonight.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 3:18pm
we just went looking at some houses. we are thinking of trying to take adventure of the declining market and upgrading to a bigger house. we will see....

marisa thats why i keep loo checking too!!!!We are going shopping tomorrow for some light reading....

My furbabies def know something is up. Our dog has taken to sitting by my feet with his head on my knee, which is weird cos he has always preferred DH. My 2 cats have taken to following me around the house and sleeping in the same room as me. We normally dont see them until bed time when they come in and sleep on the bottom of the bed.

Have to go to DH brother for dinner tonight... might go have a 2nd nap for the day.

Edited by melnel

Katte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 3:36pm
I am soooo jealous of you napping!!! My wee girl is very easy but there is still no chance for a snooze since DH away. Think she is over the vomitting now which is a blessing. No temp or anything so just think it is a tummy bug that should pass fairly quickly. Hope she hasn't passed it to me...eekk!

It's good to know everyone is having the same experience with the 'loo checking'. Good to know I'm not unique in this one. DH thinks I'm a looney when I keep checking.

Ladyaset..you should be totally fine with a mw. They are excellent and will refer you on pretty quickly if there are any complications. We don't have private ob's in the manawatu and I am very comfortable with that. If I have any complications like last time then mw will just contact hosp.

cuppatea - enjoy the duvet tonight!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 5:17pm
Glad emma-katte has stopped vomitting! I totally agree, it's fantastic to know you guys are in the same place and I am not the only loon Pity none of you are in Auckland

Well DH has completely blown me away by saying that he would like to find out what we are having. We always said we would like a surprise, I have no idea where this has come from.

Mum2L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 6:37pm
-

Edited by lady_aset
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 6:46pm
**Lurker In**

Im STILL a "loo checker", Im afraid that never ends lol, you will look everytime you wipe

**Lurker Out**

Katte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 8:16pm
Well I am off to bed! Have struggled to keep my eyes open all day and now that my wee girl is in bed I cannot wait to put my head on that pillow! Night all!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 1:57pm
Afternoon all! Its a yucky, rainy day today.. so we went window shopping. Had a wee browse in Baby City. I have found the buggy I want, DH parents have said they will buy one for us.

Have picked our car seat as well... but we didnt buy anything.

Everything is quite expensive, am quite keen to pick up second hand change table and cot. DH dad is quite a handy man, so he can make sure they are mechanically sound and I can sand them back and revarnish them. Could be a nice little project for late winter/autumn.

5 weeks tomorrow

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 3:39pm
Hey everyone, hope you have all had good weekends.
Mel, you can pick up some really good 2nd hand stuff off trademe, we got a pram for $150 that is normally $450 and it didn't look like they had ever used it. We need a new carseat for Spencer, he is still in the capsule at the moment, the advantages of having a tiny bubba, its so confusing which one to buy.
Don't think I will buy anything for the new bubba till 2nd trimester, although I did see a bassinet that I loved in babycity yesterday, I destroyed Spencers one by forgetting the covers weren't suppose to go in the tumble dryer and they melted, oooops

DH just caught me squeezing my boobs...lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 5:26pm
I have seen some really nice cots on trademe, but I dont want to buy anything until the 2nd trimester either. Its just so hard, I love shopping!

Safe n Sound have been around for years. When I early childhood training 1 of our assignments was to research the safety of major baby furniture (pram, cot, change table, high chair, car seats). It was quite fun and what came out for that was Safe n Sound are high quality for mid-range price. That was 9 years ago though.

Having been a Nanny for most of my adult life, I feel a bit lucky that I know what I want. Problem is most of its European and hard to find here.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 694>