FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril/ May 07 Toddlers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 16>
Author
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 7:38am
Jess I was thinking about you today. I have my fingers crossed for you   I can totally understand your thinking - before Sam we had a couple of miscarriages in a row plus it took us 5 years to get her. She was our last try because I simply could not handle losing another one.
Funny how now that is all behind us and I have Samantha, that I would happily do it again though

That is really cute about all the barbie dolls. LIke you said though, girls are fun and you might as well enjoy it while you can - before they all start demanding certain things anyway

Is it just me that thinks this is the coolest age?

I just enjoy being with Samantha so much now! She is so cool - and now that she feels she can communicate (god only knows what she is saying ) is just so chatty and animated. She cracks me up at least a dozen times a day,and I find myself more and more in awe of her!   Being a Mommy rocks!!!

Sponsored Links

NeoshasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2008 at 6:37pm
No second baby here for us.... so a big new years it is!!! a killer period though so guess my hormones were all whacky. Life can be really unfair sometimes (Re miscarriages) but I am thankful it happened after Neosha because i don't think I could have handled that first time round. scary stuff you are very brave.

I Luuuurve this age it's really fun, I love drawing with her and playing playdough and the cute lil things she does and says. Im so in love... perhaps obsessed too lol

Unfortunately Neosha has a gastro bug today, poor lil poppet has been so so so sick I hope she is better by tomorrow.

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
Laura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 8:39am
hey
im Laura and mum to Quinn who was born May16th
he is such an amazing wee boy who has about 200 words and is saying 4 word sentences.
he has 8 teeth and has just figured out how to jump.
we have been ttc#2 for over a year now and have finished 3mths of clomid and have just started acupuncture to hopefully help.
we are from chch
OHbaby Carseat expert!
Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 8:56am
Welcome Laura, Quinn sounds like he is doing really well.

It has been so long since anyone posted, I keep meaning to and not quite getting around to it.
Things haven't been too interesting here, although Caleb's vocabulary seems to be increasing daily which is cool. He is also into being helpful which has been great when I haven't been feeling well. Our biggest problem is his stubborness and the tantrums we get if you dont let him have what he wants when he wants it.

He wants to be so independant at the moment as well, and will quite happily try and pour himself a drink or cut off a piece of cake, problem is it can leave things quite messy for me to deal with. Especially since he hasn't worked out how to stop pouring and things his bedroom floor is a great place to practise

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 9:38am
Hi Laura and welcome to our little thread. Quinn sounds so cute I am very impressed with all the words! I think I have speech envy

All is good here. Samantha is definitley talking more although we still can't understand a lot of it. I am pleased to announce we are getting words now though - yesterdays new one is 'cracker'. I feel like this whole surgery thing has delayed her speech so much especially considering she was talking really early before the ear problems started! I feel a bit ripped off to be honest!

I got hairties to stay in her hair yesterday and she was walking around with two little pigtails! It was gorgeous! I will post a photo of it when I get the chance. She is looking like a real little girl now. It is so weird they are growing up way too fast! Especially since we are now fast approaching a 2nd birthday!   I'm still not sure how that happened!

We are moving house in 3 weeks! Still staying in the same area (about 1 km away) but it is much nicer and the house is gorgeous! I can't wait to get out of here! I am over the neighbours dogs barking and the kids playing in the private lane outside Sam's room at night! I am looking forward to an extra bedroom (Sam is getting a playroom) and having a gorgeous kitchen!   I am not looking forward to the packing and moving bit

I hope everyone else is well

kaylabumbis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaylabumbis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2009 at 12:16am
Hi All
I havn't posted in here for such a long time. In Nov we found out that Jordy has cerebal palsy which explains sooo much. He can say 3 words now and only my partner and I can understand him.
He also broke his collar bone 2 weeks ago poor wee man.
He is such a happy wee man and always has a smile on his face. He has tight blonde curls and the biggest blue eyes.
Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2009 at 7:35am
Good to hear from you Kayla, glad to hear Jordan is a cute and happy wee man despite everything that he is going through. Big Hugs, that must be such a hard thing to deal with for your family.

We have been a bit slack due to circumstances and me feeling horrid all the time, now to top it off I have a very inflammed throat which makes swallowing difficult.

I cant believe our babies will be 2 this year, where did the time go?
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2009 at 8:30am
Yay, Julie. About time that ticker appeared
Congratulations on baby No.2 :) I am very jealous! Hopefully I can convince DH to go down that path one day

Wow, Kaylabumbis, Jordan sounds like such a tough wee man. I bet breaking his collar bone would have hurt!! I am sorry to hear you guys have been having a tough time of late.

Nothing much new here. Just packing up getting ready for our move in 2 weeks.   I finally got around to notifying the property manager yesterday and got told we have to pay an extra 4 days rent here! Yuck! Still it will be worth it to get out of this place that's for sure!

Samantha is great. Learnt a few more new words last week. I am so pleased because I was really starting to worry about her. I kept hearing all these wonderful stories about kids having grommets put in and talking within a couple of weeks afterwards and she just never did! Anyway, this week has been all about 'cracker' and 'poppa' and 'car'. Can't wait to see what next week will bring

And Julie, no I can't believe our kids will be 2 this year! It is like a cruel joke! I don't want her to grow up   I was looking at her baby photos the other day and can't remember her being that little. It all happens too fast

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaylabumbis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 9:07am
That is one thing i hate doing is moving..... We moved into our current house when Jordy was a week old. We moved all by ourselves and i had had a c section.
3 out of 5 in our family have shocking headcolds it sucks. Especially since Jordy doesn't know why he is feeling like crap.
Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 10:50am
Sorry to hear that you are feeling unwell in your house Kayla, hopefully you feel better soon.

I agree about hating moving, so glad we don't need to do it again for quite awhile. I really feel for you Sterryn, but at least you are getting into a better house. good luck for the move this weekend. We look forward to seeing the new place when you are all settled.

I am so looking forward to next week as DH has the week off so i can hopefully get some rest and sewing done, plus Caleb will get to spend some quality daddy time

I hope everyone has a nice long weekend.
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2009 at 9:25am
Well I have bought myself 5 minutes by putting on 'the night garden' so will do a quick post in here.

Yay, only 8 more sleeps to go until moving day   We are fairly organised which is good. It's just annoying now though because the new house is empty and we drive past longingly gazing at it   We both just want to go now!    Plus we had another look around and found out the new place has a central vacum system and heated floors so I am extra keen now
I think this move is still going to be easier than the last one at 32 weeks pregnant that's for sure!!!

Julie, how you doing? Still sick with this pregnancy? I can only imagine! It's something I don't think you can forget

Sorry to hear everybody has been sick in the Kaylabumbis house. I hope everyone is feeling better now. It really sucks with the littlies being sick doesn't it. They don't understand why they feel so rotten

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaylabumbis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2009 at 3:30pm
Hi everyone
Well the bugs seem to be going....YAY
We had Jordys appointment today for his broken collarbone...they are perfectly happy with him ...even bigger yay.
He will always have a deformed shoulder where the bone sticks out but will have no permanent damage (huge sigh of relief).
Hard to believe all our babies will be 2 soon. Time goes so fast.
I started a blog just before Jordy got diagonosed and it is quite interesting to read back on all the funny things the kidlets have done.
http://kaylabumbis.blogspot.com/ its here if anyone wants to take a geeze.
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2009 at 9:22am
Hi all. I hope everyone is going well.

We have moved and settled in to our new house - which is just wonderul. We absolutely love it

The only down side is that we can't get broadband internet so I have not been on here often. I can't believe I forgot how slow Dial up is!!! Ugh

Sam is doing really well. She settled into our new house like a real star. No problems at all and is loving her new bigger room and her seperate playroom
Her speech has really taken off recently and she is becoming a real character (if not a bit of a spoilt princess ). She has also shot up in height and is now finally fitting her size 1 clothes

Anyway, just a quick one for me today, but I hope that everyone else is doing well and is happy and well

Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2009 at 10:47pm
No broadband at all??? Excuse me while I pass out in shock.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the new house.

Things trucking along here, I still feel awful but Caleb is growing like crazy and coming out with new words every day.

Well better get some sleep. So exhausted here lately. We try post again soon
boys.boys.boys.boys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boys.boys.boys.boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 3:23pm
I just thought I would say 'hi', I am mummy to Micah who was born 3 april, as you were all saying earlier, where on earth has 2 years gone, it seems no time at all that I found out that i was pregnant with him!!!

Micah isnt talking too much (well not that other people can understand) but is trying now, (especially for anything with wheels!!!). Are your kids talking so that others can easily understand all their words??

Anyway have a nice day everyone....
4 boys!! 7 years, 5 years, 2 years and 8 weeks...
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 3:34pm
Hi Rosie and welcome :)

My darling girl Samantha doesn't talk much either. We had numerous ear problems when she was smaller though, and are finally noticing a difference in her speech. She is definitley trying to speak and is saying more everyday. Her favourite word at the moment is Choo Choo for Thomas the tank engine

I can't believe it is nearly April and our kids are all about to turn 2!!!!

Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 8:07pm
Hi Rosie, welcome to our poor neglected part of the board.

Caleb seems to say a lot but sometimes the words are very similar sounding and hard for others to understand what he is saying, although it is starting to get a lot clearer. I am expecting him to randomly turn out full sentences at some stage soon with no warning

Trains are a big hit here too. From the second we get up in the morning all we want is to watch the "trains" he has got addicted to the new show "Chugingtons" on TV2 in the morning and it only lasts 10 mins. Then he just wants to watch trains all day. I might have to investigate whether there are dvd's.

I am in denial, I have decided that it is not nearly April, my baby is not turning 2 and I dont have only 20 weeks to get a whole bunch of stuff sorted out.
Shazza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 9:03pm
Hi Everyone Im Sharon but you can all call me Shazza. I had my son Jayden on April 2 2007. We now have a new addition to our family....little Cameron was born 1 October 2008.
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 9:28pm
Welcome to Rosie and Shazza, we don't post much in this thread. Happy Birthday for the babies who have turned two. It has gone so fast!

I have over a month to go before mine turns two though. :D

Sam is talking heaps and will say things like "Mama go outside too" and "Wheres nana gone?" So is just starting to get into saying a few little sentences.

He isn't feeling well at the moment and spent most of today alternating between screaming and grizzling and rubbing his nose. He also has a sore toe (After the oil fin heater accident his toenail grows back really funny and then we have to cut it right back to nothing otherwise it gets caught on everything and gives him a lot of grief when he goes to bed and when he wears shoes because it rubs)   He also managed to get a sty in his eye and a rash on his cheek after skidding his face into the grass outside, so we aren't too happy this weekend.

I am so thankful that I haven't got any morning sickness yet as I'm not sure quite how I would cope!

Hope everyone is well.
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 8:25am
Welcome Shazza. You will have to tell us all your secrets on how you cope with two!
I am freaking out because Samantha is so possessive of me. I was holding her little cousin yesterday and she went nuts! Not quite sure how I am going to get around that one!

So Caleb is turning two this week! I can't quite believe it as it doesn't seem like that long ago that you were in labour in your bathroom Julie

We have less than 3 weeks to go until Sam turns 2 now. Just starting to plan the party etc. Should be fun, especially now that my M/S has gone and i am starting to get some energy again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 16>