FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril/ May 07 Toddlers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 16>
Author
Shazza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 9:10am
I cant believe Jayden is two..time has gone so fast, even little Cameron is 6 months now. It only feels like yesterday i had him!
Id be lying if I said I wasnt worried how things would turn out once Cameron arrived but Jayden took it on the chin and adapted really quickly to having a little brother. It great the way things just "gel" together. I have read so many horror stories about bringing new babies home and sibbling rivalry....Anyone else in here have any nasty experiences with that?
Sponsored Links

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 8:08am
That is my biggest fear! That Sam will be so jealous when the new baby gets here that she won't accept it.
Of course in reality she doesn't actually have a choice so I'm sure things will be fine.

So I have to ask. Anybody else have a little gremlin that is desperately trying to drop a day sleep! Sam hasn't had on in nearly a week and it is driving me nuts. I keep putting her to bed at the same time and leaving her there for 1-1.5 hours, but no sleep! I am not going to stop putting her in there to 'rest' but arghhh, by 5pm she is a little monster. Add to that the fact that we are refusing to give her spaghetti on a daily basis and the dinner time tantrums are getting unbearable. I don't want to give in though, because she is so fussy with her eating already and I want it sorted before Baby 2 comes along! UGH!!!!!!!!

Oh, and we are starting potty training finally. She is definitley ready and has been for a little while, but just recently she has started telling me a few minutes before she does a poo.   Not everytime, but a few times so far.   She still doesn't want her nappy changed once she has done it though

And my other exciting news is that we bought her a bed. Well put a deposit on it anyway. I think she is ready as she is waking during the night hitting the sides of the cot. She will only sleep sideways in it which doesn't help! Anyway, I got a really good deal on a good quality Sleepyhead single bed (only $389 on special) and have my eyes on a couple of second hand bed ends on TM that if we win we will sand back and paint white to match her room. I am quite excited, but my only concern is that she won't use blankets now, so can I just continue using a sleeping bag once she goes into her 'big bed'

Shazza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 12:15pm
Are you pregnant Mum2Sam? if so when is bubs due?

We put Jayden in a single bed at 18 months and havn't had any problems. When he was in the cot he always use to kick his blankets off even when it was freezing cold but since he's been in a big bed he loves being tucked in.
As fpr the day time nap ting Jay is still having a 1-2 hour nap which is great!
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 1:42pm
I sure am   Due October 26th. Scary!

mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 3:16pm
I have another gremlin refusing to sleep during the day.   I am so exhausted at the moment and the bloody morning sickness that I thought I had missed has hit me full on in the last couple of days.

I think Sam knows that I need a rest, so he screams in his bedroom until I get him out, then all he wants to do is play outside and destroy everything in sight.   I wish I could enjoy him more as he is talking so much and learning heaps, but I am SO tired and starting to get quite grumpy at him.
Shazza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 4:05pm
Congrates Mum2Sam :) do you know what your having?

Neeandsam, Congrates to you too, when is bubs due? Oh morning sickness is soooo horrible! I found tomato soup really settled my tum for some reason....
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 4:18pm
Oh no Renee. I can sympathise. Mine has only just calmed down.
I feel the same about the day naps. I really need Sam to have hers so I can have a break - but no!
Actually today she fell asleep in the car on the way home from grocery shopping and I managed to transfer her into her cot for another hour. It was bliss!

Shazza. Still a few weeks before I can find out what I am having - and I will if I can. Hopefully it will be another girl so I don't have to spend too much more money on it   I kept all of Sam's baby clothes and most are Pumpkin Patch. Would be nice to get another use out of them.

Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 8:16pm
Day sleeps hahahaha we only get that if he is exhausted and passes out. Not so good when mummy could really do with an afternoon nap. Although I have had a little more energy lately and have finally started organising the sewing for our new addition.

I am glad your morning sickness has finally eased Sterryn, mine is still going although has eased a little, little troll even made me puke last night while I was trying to organise dinner.

PP has some really temping cute green and brown overalls that are very tempting. Hopefully you will be able to resist a major buying spree when you find out what you are having Sterryn
Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 8:18pm
Oops I also meant to say Welcome Shazza, nice to see a new face
Shazza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 8:43pm
Fingers crossed its another girl Mum2sam.

Thanks skyflame :)

Here are a couple of photos of my boys.
Jayden Cameron

Edited by Shazza
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 9:07pm
Awww Shazza, they are so cute!!!

I love the serious look on Jayden's face in that photo

Shazza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 12:33pm
They sure are :) Jayden is what we call "a little thinker" Hes always deep in thought and quite serious most of the time. Its hard to get a photo of him smiling and he also likes to whack the camera...lil monkey
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2009 at 7:59am
Happy 2nd Birthday Caleb!!!

Edited by Mum2Sam

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2009 at 8:01am
I can't believe our kids are turning 2 already. Next thing you know they will be TT'd and leaving home

Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2009 at 4:09pm
Thanks Stez
OMG I cant believe it has been 2 years already. I am scared about how quickly their teenage years are going to sneak up on us

Caleb has been having a fantastic day and loved his train cake, didn't even notice he didnt get his proper pressie. And we had a lovely family lunch.

Stupid stores though, I was checking the box last night at mum and dads place to see if I needed to borrow any tools for DH and I to put the tricycle together to only find that the box did not contain a bike at all. It has been packed away since August waiting and I hadn't even thought to check it was the right thing. My lovely mummy drove over to be at the store in Hamilton when they opened at 8am this morning hoping they would still have one. Unfortunately there is none left in the country at the moment and they are exclusive to this store, they are hoping to get another shipment in August.

After much thinking about changing it for one that wont last him as long we decided we will hope for the best and it can be a late birthdaybaby arrival present. I can tell you I will be checking everything in boxes as soon as I buy it from now on.

So we ended up giving him something mum had planned to, but he is just so excited either way so its not such a big deal, just gutting for us as we were looking forward to how excited he would have been.

Anyway enough of our novel, hope everyone is having a nice relaxing weekend and dont eat too many easter eggs
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 9:17am
Oh Julie - That sucks!! Thank goodness at this age they are still too little to understand I guess!

I now check everything I buy after the Christmas Playhouse debarkle! Unbelievable how many mistakes like that are made by companies though isn't it!

Well the easter bunny is trying to get herself organised here this morning. I am feeling so proud of myself though. I decided I wanted to do a simple egg hunt for Samantha, so I have taken photos of her favourite toys, playhouse etc and thought I would place a mini egg and another photo at each spot. That way she can know by looking at the photo where to go next.    Just need to get DH out of bed so I can do it now

Shazza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 1:09pm
Hey Everyone
HAPPY EASTER! hope you are all having a good one.

Happy belated Birthday to Caleb :)
boys.boys.boys.boys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boys.boys.boys.boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 6:16pm
Happy 2nd Birthday to all those 2nd Birthdayers!!!

Isnt it funny, in some ways it seems no time at all that they were born and in other ways it feels as though they were here forever!!

Micah didnt seem to notice about Daniel coming along, He certainly hasnt got too jealous anyway which is nice. He would just get very upset if i put daniel into his capsule ready to go in the car but left him inside while i put micah in the car, It was very cute!!!

People always used to tell me when i was pregnant with Daniel that having 2 was 5 times as much work as 1, I dont think it is, a bit more juggling but it just happens, day by day.... And it's heaps of fun watching them start to interact etc!!!

Anyway, I'd better go and get tea done...
4 boys!! 7 years, 5 years, 2 years and 8 weeks...
Shazza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 9:02pm
I sooo agree with you Rosie, I dont reckon having two is hard at all, like you said its just a bit more juggling with time. Everything just falls into place once number 2 comes along.
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2009 at 10:33pm
Yay, I am finally Mummy   I know that sounds silly, but it has taken this long for Sam to start calling me 'Mummy'. Up until now I have just been nameless the dog boy in our house. Daddy, Nanna & Poppa are all old favourites, but I was just the person who does everything for her
So today she starts calling me 'Mummy' and man does it make my heart want to burst everytime I hear it She pronounces it 'Mammeee' so it is extra cute.    'sigh' I love my little girl so much.

Oh, and OMG, she is going to be 2 in just over a week! Arrgghhh!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 16>