FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril/ May 07 Toddlers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: April/ May 07 Toddlers
    Posted: 29 April 2008 at 12:04am
OK, so I have plucked up all my bravery and started this thread now that I apparently have a toddler I am not agreeing that she is ever going to grow up but think it is time to move over for the new lot of April/May babies born this year.

If someone could sticky this please??

Sponsored Links

Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 9:49am
I guess we had to do it sometime. I have been fighting it for a couple of weeks now and was thinking I would really have to sort this out soon.

Well I have had to have the last 2 days off work due to my miserable child (he is such a male when he is sick ) but it is back to work today. Wahoo not long until our holiday which I am really looking forward to even if it is only a short one. Now I just have to get a bunch of sewing finished before we go. Hmmm I think it should be a father/son weekend and I should be left alone to sew and knit
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 3:23pm
Oh no it's official - we're in the toddler forum!!
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 3:48pm
I know Kathryn! It's so frightening isn't it. I have been fighting the 'Toddler' title for a while, but I guess since Miss S has now starting running I should really submit to it

Woohoo to going on holiday Julie! While you sewing feel free to make Sam more nappies or dresses! The ones for her birthday are amazing!!! Will post photos of both once I get around to ironing the dress

Sam is carrying around her first proper spoon this afternoon. I bought her a purple & green spoon today so she can feed herself since she is so determined to!    Not that I have to worry about her not eating. For lunch today she had a marmite sandwich, a box of raisins, a cocktail sausage, 4 chippies & some of my sandwich.   I'm not altogether sure where she puts it all

Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 7:49pm
Wow she is doing well with her eating, my monkey can be terrible somedays.

We will have to see if any other girly clothes call out to me for sewing when I have a bit more free time Can't wait to see her in it though, hopefully it isnt too big.

I am still scared of the toddler forum idea
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 8:52pm
Me too Scared and a little sad I think we might have to make a bit more of an effort in here to post though. I need more support these days - my toddler tantrum days have begun

Bayley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bayley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 10:13pm
Oh no! You guys have left me
Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 2:01pm
OK, I am here too not sure about rushing into this toddler stage when I still have 13 sleeps before we get there but hey ho, here I am.
See you at the baby page Tash

Bayley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bayley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 2:09pm
Don't do it Charlotte!! They're only babies for one short, short year
Stay and chat with me in the baby thread for the next 13 days, please!!
Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 2:58pm
don't worry tash, we girls with the REAL babies stick together, heading back over the fence now

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 11:36pm
Gosh it's only been a few weeks and we are this slack already!!!

We have had a busy few weeks with Sam's party etc and are just getting back to some form of normal atm.
Jumping Beans starts back up again tomorrow, which should be good, and thursday we are going to try out the local rhyme time in the library.
I have also heard about a local playgroup on a monday that only costs $2 and doesn't have waiting lists or set rules/times of when/how often you go so am going to try that out I think too. We were going to try playcentre, but I just can't deal with the level of commitment yet. Also I think it will be more fun for Sam if she is a bit older.

So what has everyone else been up to?

Julie, it's only a couple of days until you go away you lucky girl! I am so jealous

Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 6:08pm
Well I have been having a miserable week, as I have felt totally rotten and had to have some time off work.. It has reduced to a head cold which is still not the best as we fly out at 6.30 tomorrow morning You should see the stack of menthol medication I picked up today.
There are nose drops and tissues and vapour drops and airwaves gum, all to try and clear my nose in the next 12 hours. I am thinking it could be a lost cause though.

I am so looking forward to having a few days away in some nice warm weather though, thanks for the jealousy

I should be finishing the last of the packing and closing up the bags befoer the boys get home but am being lazy and trying to warm my toes in bed whoops

Sounds like you and Sam are going to be busy girls Sterryn.
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 10:09pm
Have a great holiday Skyflame where are you going
Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 7:54am
wah hoo for Julie, up up and away, hope your cold goes away very very quickly and you get to have a great holiday
Sterryn, I loev the idea of playcentre but I look forward to getting rid of my kids for a few hours, I could never commit to that full time. We go to a playgroup at the local parent centre each fri which we love. Cailin goes swimming on a thurs, then she is at daycare one day a week. Life is busy enough without commiting to playcentre as well....I admire all the mums who decide to be playcentre mums, 10 points for them.

Anyway, very busy trying to sort a bday party (tomorrow night) and a surprise 40th wedding anniversary party (sat night) and I am chief cake maker and decorator for both. which would be fine if my oven worked, so I have to go to my sil house today to use hers, what a mare.
right I'm off to start on my 200 meter list

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2008 at 8:40am
Charlotte, how did the party go??? We want pics!

Sam has picked up a cold I think (or maybe hayfever). Friday around 1pm all of a sudden her nose started running and has been yuck since. That is it though, apart from the fact that she looked awful and pale for a day or two. She is happy enough though.
I am pretty over hayfever myself! What a weird time of year to get it! I sneezed about 10 times in a row this morning! Thought I was going to pass out if I had to sneeze again    Oh, and that whole saying about 7 sneezes in a row - bollucks!!!

Edited by Mum2Sam

Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 11:59am
Ok guys where is everyone?

We got back very early monday morning and I have been sick every since. I had to go to the dr's today to get antibiotics as my throat has been swelling closed, and was starting to look pussy

Holiday was ok alothough we were very glad to come home and back to a bit more normalcy.

And my bit of news for the week is that as of Wednesday next week I am going to be a SAHM. YAY. I am very excited about it. What you up to next Friday Sterryn
Right off to get some more rest. Hope you all are doing well.
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 7:22pm
Woohoo Julie
I am so glad to hear that you were able to work that out in the end. You must be thrilled!

Bummer about being sick :( It doesn't sound nice at all!!! You poor thing. Make sure you look after yourself.
We have all had bad colds here starting with Sam this week, so it has been a miserable week here too!. Ugh!

And yes, where is everyone :(

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 7:28pm
My child has just cut her first molar!! OMG, I didn't even realise. She wouldn't sleep tonight so I thought I would give her some bonjela, when I put my finger at the back of her gum there it was!
So bizarre though. She now has two top teeth, 3 bottom teeth and a molar! Talk about doing it out of order

Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 9:20am
Wow a molar, that is crazy. We got our 8th tooth the night before we came home from oz, so currently have 4 top and 4 bottom all in front. Talk about dribbling like a tap on full for that last tooth though, not looking forward to the molars which I'm guessing are next.

Happy Birthday to Kyan for tomorrow, I hope you have a great party.

I am still a bit sore in the throat but slowly getting better, although I am hoping to send my son off to his grandma's place for a little while today so I can sew up some pj's for him that I finally got cut out yesterday. I had better go though as I just heard him grunting
Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 12:51pm
first things first, the bday party was fantastic, we had it at the local parents centre and just had a sausage sizzle and lots of chips/dips and lollies. Then a quick tidy up and home we went to relax...all very easy. The cake turned out great too. I wll pop a pic or two up when I have time.
Wow, I can't beleive that little Sam is growing her molars already, she must want to eat a steak real quick huh
Julie, sorry to hear your damn cold has taken forever to go....but SO VERY HAPPY to read you are going to be a SAHM, congrats and welcome to the club.

I have had my apron strings really pulled this week , I weaned Jeremy, (pretty easy really) Jeremy turned one and Cailin started kindy....what has happend to my little babies , mind you, after saying that, I am loving giving Jeremy a bottle in the morning which he holds himself while I am drinking my coffee and am really looking forward to 2.5 hours each afternoon with only one child....wah hoooooo
have a great weekend everyone, I hope you are all having some of this amazing weather too

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>