FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue Feb 09

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 386>
Author
Beachy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2008 at 5:47pm
And yep, Kat.. once we start showing, the time'll fly!

YAY!
Sponsored Links

Beachy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2008 at 5:53pm
Beacuse my partner lives in Australia still (he'll be here in around 6-8 weeks), I sent him a photo taken at the scan. Even though the foetus is very faint, I circled it for him, so he could see hehe

Now he's aboslutely besotted!
He even had a 'moment' with a tear in his eye last night when watching the end of the film "Notting Hill" ... when Hugh Grant's character rubs Julia Robert's character's very pregnant tum. hehe... so cute
nztui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nztui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 6:42pm
Hurrah! Looks like morning sickness is starting! Feels so perverse to be pleased about this though
Anyone feeling queasy during the day at work? I'm trying to keep this quiet at work but wonder how that will go if I have to suddenly rush off to the loo all the time....hehehe

Kat - not sure about the coffee but I'm sticking to decaf as well if I need it. I know drinking tea with meals can stop your body absorbing iron - maybe coffee is similar?
RunningT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RunningT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 6:19pm
Hi ladies.

I had been having problems with my cycle length although the reason for my last long cycle has now become very clear.

I am due between 20 Jan -04 February with our first. VERY exciting.

I live in the North Waikato however want to give birth at Waikato Hospital so am now looking for a midwife in the Hamilton/Waikato area.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have a million questions so it's great to have this site for all the support when you can't tell 'anyone' yay yay yay.
fingerscrossed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fingerscrossed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 7:25pm
Hey Running T.. welcome to Feb mums to be! SO excited as well. Bring on your questions.. good to hear what others are thinking about. I am in Auckland so not sure about Waikato MW but I'm sure some of the others will be able to help. How have you been feeling so far?
RunningT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RunningT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 7:35pm
Hi Fingerscrossed.

Yay... finally someone to talk to after having to keep mum with EVERYONE.

I just booked a midwife. She works halfway between my home town and Hamilton so I can visit her at her rooms, give birth in Hamilton and she says she can come to my home town afterwards. I felt really calm with her on the phone which I hadn't done with anyone else.

Now I just need an excuse for my boss to take an afternoon off work to meet her. :-)
Mel&Kel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mel&Kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 7:45pm
Hi everyone

I am due on 8 Feb 09, all very new to me - so are these forums. Just got it confirmed by the doc today. HCG is 5987 and am 5 weeks and 2 days. Had a MC a couple of months ago so am very nervous. Congrats to all the other Feb mummies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fingerscrossed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 8:15pm
Running T.. I know what you mean - so hard to keep quiet. That sounds positive about your midwife. When do you think you will tell your work?

Mel&Kel - Hello!!!   I know exactly how you feel. Had a miscarriage two months ago. Got pregnant again really quickly so was thrilled but so hard not to be nervous. I was only 6 weeks along so hoping I will feel better once I pass that milestone. I feel really positive though, and I guess thats all you can do. Where do you live?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fingerscrossed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 8:18pm
Sorry just realised it says you live in wellington. Is it to early to claim baby brain? Me thinks so!

By the way your HCG levels are nice and high which is a good sign
Mel&Kel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mel&Kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 9:38pm
Yeah I am trying to keep positive too. Yip Wellington, where are you from?

Thanks about the HCG levels, I know they double every two days but don't really know what is good/normal for 5 weeks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fingerscrossed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 9:42pm
I googled 'HCG levels in pregnancy' and i found a table that showed average ranges for each week. Yours are high.. It did say that it is different for each woman and that the main thing is how it is increasing.
I am in Auckland. Have you told anyone? We have just told family and a couple of really close friends.

Any sickness etc? I haven't yet and am really hoping it continues because my mum had a really bad time with us.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fingerscrossed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 9:44pm
Well when i say no sickness a few mild waves of nausea but nothing i can't cope with!!
Mel&Kel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mel&Kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 9:51pm
Hey
We have told parents and most of the bros and sisters. Finding it really hard as work is really social with drinking etc all the time and I have meetings where they provide sammies with deli meats...
I feel motion sick a bit but nothing really major. Have lots of tenderness which I have never had before, finding it quite uncomfy!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fingerscrossed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 10:02pm
Same! Really tender and even uncomfortable wearing jeans.
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 12:52pm
Hi Running T and Mel&Kel! Congratulations on joining the Feb Mums to be!!!

Wow Running T, so you don't need a prize for your "52 day cycle" after all That's fantastic. I'm another 1st timer, it's all very exciting hey

I guess MS is starting for me ... woke up a couple of nights ago feeling gross, but mostly it hits me in the afternoons. Then again, not feeling so flash right now either (and it's not quite 9am here). Ugh. Still, got to be good for you right ... means somethings happening in there LOL

fingerscrossed, I hear you on the uncomfortable jeans. I'm already down to ONE pair!?! And only 6 weeks

Am starting a new job this morning, bit of bad timing really, don't want to say anything yet but mightn't have a choice if this icky feeling doesn't go away! Mind you, I suppose they don't know me well enough to realise I am looking a bit green hey!

SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
RunningT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RunningT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 1:25pm
Hi Kiwisj

Thanks for the welcome. Yeap I guess I am not entitled to a prize. I thought last weekend I deserved a prize for not bopping a old workmate over the head who asked me "are you still barren?"

I am feeling fine at the moment no MS or feeling tired.... yet.

I told my boss today because I felt really stink telling lies about my last two doctors appointments and my appointment with my midwife tomorrow. My boss asked why did people get pregnant when she started working at each place she goes to. I said if I had her to thank for B2B then I am happy to do so... although dh probably played a part too.

Where are you based and what day are you due?
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 8:00pm
Hey

I am based in Singapore, but I found my way here from a wedding website, just got married a couple of months ago (back in NZ). It's good being on here and having ppl to "chat" to without having to tell ppl here I'm pregnant (or boring my two girlfriends I have told to death with my moaning about feeling ill and tired!).

I worked out my due date as Feb 3, but with my same dates my doctor worked out Feb 5. I reckon the baby won't arrive till Valentine's Day though

Omigosh, how cheeky saying "are you still barren?"    That really takes the biscuit I have to say!

So will you have a scan soon to work out your dates more closely, Running T?
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
Mel&Kel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mel&Kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 9:01pm
Evening everyone

When clothes start to not fit do you buy maternity clothes straight away or just buy bigger clothes until you have a proper bump showing?

I have put some weight on in the last 6 months so my clothes are fitting pretty well at the moment (in other words a bit tight), this means that soon I wont fit them at all... it is a bit of a worry!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fingerscrossed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 9:37pm
not sure really.. maybe buy some stretchy tops that are a style that you can wear as you get a bump... eg babydoll styles?
Not sure about pants/skirts..

Hows everybody feeling? I felt yucky mid afternoon but survived it. Don't think tuna sits very well with me at the moment!

Rashika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rashika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 6:21am
no real MS for me, just the tired feelings in the arvo, and i was shattered last night, slept solidly and woke up like I hadn't slept at all this morning.
Of to the doc today to get a referral to the Fetal medicine unit at Chch, they will look after me till the tests are done 11-12 weeks. They were simply awesome last time, wish I could see them throughout the PG. Wasn't so happy with my MW so will be trying to get another this time.
Clothes: I had just started to buy stuff at 11-12 weeks last time, tops were ok it was more trousers. Kmart actually have quite a good selection, reasonably priced. Good thing about winter is that you can wear looser/bulkier clothing without arousing suspicion.
It really comes down to how your clothes are fitting. A lot of Maternity stuff doesn't even look it, and there is a good fashion at the moment of loose long tops, nice to cover up.
Jan 08 :angel:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 386>