FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTrim nappy Q, and bitty d’lish Q

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trim nappy Q, and bitty d’lish Q
    Posted: 26 May 2008 at 3:18pm
Heya

What do you think is the trimest nappy? I want to go back to cloth but need a new stash lol, is that just an excuse. So im selling all my BG except 2 so i can use them for night. I have a HC and 3 Fuzzis as well as one BH.

Iv just bought a Fuscia bitty dlish. How do these work?
Also can you yell me how much your bubba weighs and what size he/shes in? I dont know whether to get a medium or large. Kylah got weighed today and is 8.3kg, i was going to get a large so she can wear i later on, but hey i just buy one later for that lol.

Also what are fitteds? Are the bitty boo ones good? Are they trim still?

Oh and with my dlish sould i get an extra booster? She doesnt have any bamboo in stock at the moment but later on?
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 3:28pm
They are an AIO, so you just snap on the soakers and then pop it on Kylah. They are colour coded to make it easier.

Daniel is 10kg and hes got a large but its too small for him. The nappy we have is about 1cm shorter in the rise apparently than the other larges but I don't think an extra cm would make much of a difference fitting wise.

I haven't tried their fitteds but they will need a waterproof cover to go overtop.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 3:30pm
Oh why would they make a cool nappy that you have to put a cover on. Is daniel tall and skinny stacey? Kylah is 72cm i think i might just get a large.
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 3:43pm
kandice, i would tend to size up with the d'lish. i got charli a large, and like daniel, she was too big for it! i think we must've got a couple of duds stacey!........i sent mine back and got another one (or 2 ) and they fit charli nicely.
they are nice and trim naps, really easy to use and quick to dry just like a pocket. i haven't tried the fitted ones as i can't be bothered with a nappy/cover system

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 4:08pm
Kandice, Tom wears a medium d'lish and its a great fit with room to expand. I thnk you would be ok with Kylah in a med
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 4:19pm
I was wondering about the sizing too. I was going to order one for Sophie today, and wondered how long she would last in a medium... but sounds like it would be ok for awhile. She is only 7.5kgs (max).
Nicky, Mum to Alex (5) & Sophie (3)
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 4:39pm
Nah Daniel isn't tall, hes a shortie (running along the 25% line for height) and hes very much average for weight (50% line)
kiwivic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwivic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 6:44pm
Leo is 21mths, 13kg and wears a large d'lish on the second-biggest setting! It's a lovely nappy though and fits great (looks like little undies!). We didn't get the extra booster and it still lasts 3-4hrs easily. We tried a bitti boo (the fitted version) for nights but I couldn't stuff it enough on Leo's generously-sized bottom so I'm trying to sell it on (TM).

I have only just started using a fitted nappy at night as I couldn't stuff a pocket neough for 12-13hrs. I'm using Designer Bums hemp fitted nappies with a bamboo booster and they're fantastic! I bought a merino cover too but have also started making my own longies which I've lanolized so they're waterproof and double as a cover & pj pants at the same time!

Vic xx
mothersinstinct View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mothersinstinct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by kebakat kebakat wrote:

Nah Daniel isn't tall, hes a shortie (running along the 25% line for height) and hes very much average for weight (50% line)

Stacey .. I do believe yours has a fault. He should not be growing out of it at 10kg. I even spoke with Sue at Itti Bitti and she said just replace it. As mentioned above, one of the other ladies had a similar issue, we replaced and the fit was fine.

I would prefer you discuss the issues with me rather than on this forum.

The nappies are on the trim side, but he certainly should not be growing out of it before 1 year!

I have PM'd you regarding a replacement.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 6:56pm
LMAO, now im going to have to email you AGAIN mothersinstinct and change back to a medium for my order.. now your going to think im dumb lol..

Thanks guys, im going to stick with a medium!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 7:32pm
Gremlins are in large Bitti Boo's, they got weighed last week and are just over 11kg each. They're on the second to tightest snaps, but thats with an added booster, without the booster it would do up on the tightest snaps.

Still haven't tried my Bitti D'lish, waiting patiently (or not so patiently!) for baby to arrive to go in it! Altho I ordered her a med and now it's looking like she's not going to be as big as we thought she was so I might have to wait even longer to use it!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by kiwivic kiwivic wrote:

We tried a bitti boo (the fitted version) for nights but I couldn't stuff it enough on Leo's generously-sized bottom so I'm trying to sell it on (TM).

something else you can do is lay any extra boosting outside of the nappy before you put the cover on...

Edited by Bizzy

mothersinstinct View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mothersinstinct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Bizzy Bizzy wrote:

Originally posted by kiwivic kiwivic wrote:

We tried a bitti boo (the fitted version) for nights but I couldn't stuff it enough on Leo's generously-sized bottom so I'm trying to sell it on (TM).

something else you can do is lay any extra boosting outside of the nappy before you put the cover on...

I am told the bitti boos are more for light to medium wetters, and probably not so good for heavy wetters overnight. They have a new fitted nappy coming out very soon, especially for night time - I can't wait! My 2 1/2 year old is trained in the day and I just hate putting him in so much bulk in the nightime after wearing undies in the day. I like him to be able to wear his PJ bottoms.

heres the guff from their website:

Night Nappies

itti bitti night nappies are super absorbent bamboo nappies designed for night use. They still have a great trim itti bitti fit, and are incredibly absorbent. itti bitti night naps are also great during the day for periods of extended wear when extra absorbancy is needed such as on long car trips etc.

So far, we have spent nearly two years developing and refining the itti bitti night nappies and after many fabric trials and much tweaking of the pattern in order to get the best balance between trimness and absorbency, we are very close to releasing these awesome nappies. We've combined all the things you love about the different itti bitti nappies, to bring you an awesome creation that is itti bitti trim and mega absorbent.

itti bitti fitted night nappies have a outer of colourful cotton knit, a full bamboo body layer with an internal bamboo soaker in the same style as the sewn in d'lish. An inner layer of stay-dry microfleece keeps baby dry and snap-in bamboo boosters based on the same trifold and hourglass design as the Snap in AIO's and the bitti boo's means stacks of super absorbent bamboo in the wetzone, and your bub gets to wear a trim and comfortable nappy. A shaped snap on mini booster allows you to boost where it's needed - great for boys and tummy sleepers. So far our testers are delighted and we know you will be too!

Edited by mothersinstinct
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 8:23pm
Hey Kandice I would go with the large personally, they have an extra snap over. Caprece is in a large on about the third tightest setting and Jack fits them as well with room to grow.

We love the bitti boos but I don't think they are that absorbant but they are fine for my two. I boos them between the boo and the cover as well. You are welcome to have a look and try on of ours if you want?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 8:28pm
Crap lol, iv emailed her like four times now changing my mind on size. Iv already bought and paid for it rach so il just get it and if its to small i will just sell it. All good. What cover do you use for the fitted?
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 9:40pm
Karyn - I'm finding the Bitti Boos hold up fine at night, but I suspect the gremlins are not particularly heavy wetters coz if we use sposies they can go all night in Treasures Giggles which most people complain about leaks with. I do boost the Btti Boos tho.
Their new night nappies sound interesting tho!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
kiwivic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwivic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 11:28am
Leo fits a large Fuzzi, HC & Foxybots all well and is no-where near growing out of them but the Itti Bitti's are just that much smaller and I just found overall cut of the Bitti Boos too small on Leo. It's bulkier than the D'lish and it barely covered his bottom!! It just didn't look comfortable and couldn't take any extra boosting. Leo is only 13kg but is chubby and I just find the fit of the DB heaps better for nights on him. And I'd rather not lay extra boosting outside of the nappy - it is such a faff (especially if you want to use longies instead of a wrap) - I'd just prefer it all be contained in the nappy.

Vic xx
Mama-Me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama-Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 11:32am
I think one of the trimmest nappies on market today is a Bebop Nappy. I found these fit really well under pants, especially jeans!!
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 11:50am
Kandice the medium will be fine on Kylah. Sam is in the medium and has heaps of room and she is 8.8kgs & 70cm.

Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 1:00pm
There must not be much size difference between the large and medium?

Um Kandice I use either my longies, berry plush outer or snazzipants cover.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>