FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSmoke free Parks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smoke free Parks
    Posted: 28 May 2008 at 7:09pm
I so agree with this.
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)
Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 7:12pm
I didn't watch Campbell but saw the ads for it and I just thought why on earth would you smoke next to a playground etc? surely it's just common courtesy not to do it. I use to smoke but I never would have smoked around children/play areas or around anyone who didn't smoke for that matter its just plain rude.

AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 7:18pm
some parents smole while they are pushing their kids on the swings or down a slide.

Ann

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 7:30pm
Probably the same parents who smoke in their cars. Some people are either just ignorant or they don't care.

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 8:02pm

I totally agree with this!! I cant stand people thinking it is ok to smoke in a playgrounds

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 8:52pm
I can't stand people who chose to smoke where I have no choice but to breathe it in. I so hope they do it
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 9:00pm
Ban it in playgrounds. Brillant idea I say!

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 9:05pm
yep I agree too!
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by cuppatea cuppatea wrote:

I didn't watch Campbell but saw the ads for it and I just thought why on earth would you smoke next to a playground etc? surely it's just common courtesy not to do it. I use to smoke but I never would have smoked around children/playareas

Me too.
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 11:36pm

As a smoker I so agree with this. I don't smoke in areas like this, it is for children not adults to sit there and smoke.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
AliaDawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliaDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 8:11am
Sounds good. They should ban smoking within 10 metres of a bus stop while they're at it

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 8:38am
Lol Alia, I was going to write the same thing. I hate it when people smoke inside bus shelters!
Definitely agree with banning smoking at parks too, although I think it might be one of those things that will be next to impossible to enforce and the rude people who do it will just keep on doing it anyway.
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 9:11am

Caramel I was going to say the same thing - how do you enforce it? Its obviously easy to enforce in restaurants / bars, but how would you enforce it in parks.

I think you need to go the whole hog and ban it in all public places, like in the US. I get really frustrated when I have to walk through a cloud of smoke with people standing outside buildings smoking.

caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 4:29pm
I smoke and i say ban it in parks, no need for it in there, if your at a park usually your there with your child so why do you need to be smoking anyway?

As for bus shelters, well i smoke in them , IF i was in there first, as soon as someone else comes in i move OUT of the bus shelter.

but then im the type of smoker who moves to the other side if its blowing in a non smokers face, or if a person walks past i'll hold it behind me, cupped in my hand .
But i know plenty dont care.

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 5:27pm

Originally posted by AliaDawn AliaDawn wrote:

Sounds good. They should ban smoking within 10 metres of a bus stop while they're at it

Yes I had a fight in a Dunedin bus stop because 2 ladies that were beside me and my kids in the bus stop lite up their smokes. They gave me a dirty look but moved without a word...they obviously knew what was good for them lol

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 10:05pm
enforcing it would be the parents who either choose not to smoke or are smoker but don't smoke in that area. I would pipe up if I knew I had a right to say don't smoke round the park
Ann

raw265707 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raw265707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2020 at 11:12am
I'm glad that everything ended well in this Gr2 TItanium dab nail situation. Vascular problems creep up imperceptibly, especially against a background of stress. Many of my friends have crossed the 45-year milestone and are at risk. No one can prevent this.
 Post Reply Post Reply