FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJune 2008 Mummies!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 47>
Author
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 4:40pm
hehe that was so cute!!! I love how Mason is like leaning on Caden!!
Omg yep he is SOOO strong!! I have to fight him to change his nappy, feed him, dress him lol,and when he is crying and kicking his legs my poor boobs take a beating he is soooo strong!!! No wonder I was in so much pain towrds the end of my pregnancy!

Well midwife came and saw us again this morning, Caden is doing soooo well, I have the hang of breast feeding now, my right nipple was cracked and bleeding the other day so yesterday I didnt feed off it, but mw looked at it this morning and said its healed so she latched caden on that side and it was fine, sore still but fine.
He is MUCH more settled noe we have a good little feeding pattern going, Im feeding him on demand and its working well. Plus its getting my nipples used to feeding and Caden is latching on much better now.
He has done heaps of pooy nappies today so thats a good sign he is getting a good amount of milk.

His cord fell off this morning, he has such a cute wee belly button!!!

Had my stitches out yesterday and my c section wound is healing well, its very sore still, its like swollen above it and tender which is normal.

Its so hard to fine 5 mins to come online now lol, when he is sleeping Im catching up on things round home or trying to nap myself!

Sponsored Links

rorylex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rorylex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 5:12pm
hehe they looked like they were happy to stay like that all day.
Mummy to 4 boys
Samuel - 18.6.05
Rory - 15.7.06
Mason - 13.06.08
Emmett - 24.01.10
Baby #5 - cooking
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 5:30pm
I love the photo of Caden and Mason

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 5:32pm
Yeah I rekon lol!
I told cathi we took a pic of the two of them and she would like a copy, so ive saved the pic and I'll get Adams mum to print it out on her cool as printer on photographic paper

MumsyMoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumsyMoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 5:38pm
Hey Sheena, just a quick note - Metamucil will be your best friend! Haha, I'd have been lost without it! Damn c-sections, bung you up good and proper.

All these June babies are so cute! I'm clucky as anything, I really miss having a newborn - call me crazy! All you first timers, enjoy it while it lasts! I've come to realise that after your first, you won't have the same kinda experience, won't really have the same 'honeymoon' period as with your first... It made me sad, 'cause these first days, weeks and months are the most precious things I've ever experienced!

Much love to all the new mummies and babies!
My wee girl is the love and light of my life!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Serenity Serenity wrote:

Hey Sheena, just a quick note - Metamucil will be your best friend! Haha, I'd have been lost without it! Damn c-sections, bung you up good and proper.

All these June babies are so cute! I'm clucky as anything, I really miss having a newborn - call me crazy! All you first timers, enjoy it while it lasts! I've come to realise that after your first, you won't have the same kinda experience, won't really have the same 'honeymoon' period as with your first... It made me sad, 'cause these first days, weeks and months are the most precious things I've ever experienced!

Much love to all the new mummies and babies!

I have the oppersite problem Its caused by the antibiotics Im on, its so gross!! ive had since the day after my c section.
I can eat fine and I dont feel sick its just when i go loo I have the runs(sorry tmi i know).

Im going to try and enjoy him while he is so little cos I know they grow up so fast!
He is down the other end of the house with his nana at the moment hehe, she just adores her grandson!

CaseysMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaseysMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 10:35pm
Room for one more in here?

My daughter Zoey was born at 8:56am on 23 June weighing 7lb 6oz and like Oliver was delivered on the living room floor on a tarp - but at least mine had only been used to cover up bags of dogfood rather than mixing concrete. I hope Kate did a better job of actually being on the tarp though as we ended up having to get the carpets steam cleaned twice to get rid of the stains (luckily the insurance company covered it)

Here is a pic of my little girl

Rowena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 9:37am
All these June babies are so cute. Still not worked out how to post a photo yet so you'll have to take my word that Jamie is also cute.

My mw gave me some lansinoh for cracked nipples. it comes in a purple tube and works for me.

Jamie finally did a poo on Saturday after waiting a week. Isn't shocking how excited you can get over something so messy and smelly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 10:53am
Rowena where can you buy that stuff from? I need something else for my poor nipples. They are stinging like buggery today, Im dreading the next feed,
Which is now cos the boy is awake lol

MyBelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyBelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 11:22am
*Lurker in*

Cadensmum, have you tried some "pure lanolin" i found that was fantastic for my nipples, also try rubbing breast milk over them, and try letting them get as much fresh air and sunlight (kinda hard in this crap weater!) but honestly it does get better,

big hugs and congratulations on all your gorgeous babies!
thomasina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomasina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 11:58am
Zoey is super cute!!!! Congrats Caseysmum!

Caden and Mason are also very adorable

Cadensmum- I have the runs too... its most uncomfortable I was prescribed codeine after my c-section and have now stopped taking it as I have just been reading the post about it being dangerous for babies. eek.

SER- im very jealous of Jorja's long sleeps.. Zec is not waking up every 2 hours. Very tiring
MorgansMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorgansMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 1:40pm
Sheena I have the same Lansolih sp and I got at the chemist it's around $30 for a tube but it worls great
Morgan, Libby

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 1:43pm
What a cutie Zoe is Caseysmum
happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 1:32am
Gosh we June mummies have beautiful babies! Lol Caseysmum - I was well contained on the tarp apparently. Min d you I really couldn't move from being on my knees the whole time so maybe that's why.

I am really really struggling with breastfeeding at the mo. Am having to express from the right instead of feed because the nipple is so badly damaged and we are having to put cold flannels etc all over Ollie during the feed from the right in order to keep him awake. It's awful so I'm hanging out for improvements because I'm so emotional at the moment that I may just give up.

Oh well, thst's my winge over for this morning - will go back to counting the millilitres of expressed milk!!
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 9:53am
** lurker in **

Kate. Have you got good support with BF? Hope the nipple sorts out soon and BF becomes less of a struggle.
Mum to two wee boys
thomasina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomasina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 10:53am
Kate- dont give up! its really tough to begin with, I used to have to undress Zechariah and feed him with no clothes on to keep him awake. and the sore and bleeding nipples do heal eventually.. Its just getting through the first few weeks. Mind you, once you think you have it, bubs decides to change feeding patterns anyway...! but anyhow, its all worth it in the end because a breastfed baby is much healthier keep at it and like flissty says, make sure you have some decent BF support.

I think BF is the hardest part of having a baby!! its so tiring and demanding....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 2:02pm
Yep keep at the breast feeding, I have finally got the hang of it and now caden feeds so well, my nipples have healed but are still tender and I still cringe when he latches on but once he starts sucking its fine and I zone out lol
Ive been piling on the PureLan after each feed and also rubbing some breast milk over my nipples.
The WORST thing is when the cold hair hits me and I get erect nipples omg they sting

Caden has gained another 20gm in 2 days so not too bad, he lost a lot since birth but now that breastfeeding is going well he is slowly gaining the weight back. I just feed him as much I can.

We had a restless night last night, he wouldnt settle in his bassinett and he would only fall asleep on my chest, so i was laying in bed trying to stay awake until he fell asleep enough to put him back to bed.
The night feeds are very trying I find it so hard at the momment cos Im so sore and tired, I havent had a good nights sleep since I went into labour!!

CaseysMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaseysMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 3:55pm
yeah I hear you on the night feeds - Zoey is doing the same thing. I've found most nights I haven't even managed to get her back into the basinett as she is all out of wack with her day/nights and so doesn't sleep for very long during the night and then sleeps for 4 or so hours from about 8am and that seems to be a deeper sleep then too so she is easier to get her into her basinett then. If it wasn't that I need to look after a three year old as well it wouldn't really matter as I'd just stay in bed through the morning (like I did when mum was here for a couple of days)
J&Ls mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J&Ls mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 8:02pm
Hi!

Jorja is being weighed again by plunket on Friday before we go away, she will be over 4kg now was 3.99kg last monday

We are flying to Wgtn on Sunday morning (mum and dad are going to the rugby) and then we will drive home after having lunch with my uncle. I'll be away for 2 weeks, mum and dad only have slow dial up so i won't be around. Just incase any of you were wondering.

J - born 26th April 2008
and
L - born 3rd Sept 2010

thomasina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomasina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 1:12pm
Enjoy Wellington SER

Im glad Im not the only one finding it tough at night!! Zec was great for the first few weeks but now he wont settle at night, he is feeding 2 hourly!! Last night was the worst, he feed for 1 and a half hours on me! So I took him off and put him to bed but he also doesn't seem to settle in his basinette, we tried leaving him to cry himself to sleep but after 15mins of crying I was a wreck! My lovely husband put Zec to sleep on his chest and accidently fell asleep with him like that, he woke up afew hours later and put Zec in his bed, but by then it was feeding time again....! Im beginning to dread night times..!

But on the brighter side, I have no one else dependable on me so I have the luxury of being able to stay in bed in the mornings
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 47>