FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBabies due after IVF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 193>
Author
Margs B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margs B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 4:50pm
Well I have found myself a OB. Was all so nice an easy and he will take over when we have finished at Wgtn FA. I have heard some really good things about him so I have my first appointment with his in August. Our first scan at FA to see the heart beat for Peanut is on the 29th July. Yay can't wait.
DS March 09 IVF
Angel Baby Jan 13
Sponsored Links

Kiwibubs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwibubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 9:26am
Exciting Margs- it really is amazing to see the first scan and spot the little bean in there!

Yay about finding an OB!

As for me, 16 weeks today!
TTC #1 2005-2009 (PCOS)
Clomid x 4
IVF #1-BFP!
EDD- New Years Eve 2008!!
DD born 11 January 2009.
TTC #2 FET (3 embryos)

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 9:52am
Seeing that little heartbeat for the first time is incredible

We have our follow-up today from the NT scan and also a standard check up with our OB - I'll be interested in the weight check to see how its looking.

I love having an OB and I think mine is the best ever ... we'll have to start saving now though to pay for him again though if we go for No. 2!! There's no way I'd do another pregnancy without him, that's for sure.

Oh, and funny thought for the day - I said to DH when we were talking about the OB appointment that it's been sooo lovely not having anyone, or lots of anyones (!!) 'up there' for about two whole months!!! Isn't it funny how you come to appreciate the little things ...?
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
Kiwibubs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwibubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 10:59am
So true Ginger- I have not had anyone near my va-jay-jay for about 2 months...amazing after so much intrusion for so many months!!

Even poor DH isnt get much of a look in these days, as I am too freaked out after the last time when I had bleeding at 11 weeks!
TTC #1 2005-2009 (PCOS)
Clomid x 4
IVF #1-BFP!
DD born 11 January 2009.
TTC #2 FET (3 embryos)

Margs B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margs B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 1:46pm
Man oh man I have had major sore hips the last day or so.

Ginger what did DH say about the DVD??

Hope all you ladies are doing well and your wee beans are being good to you.
DS March 09 IVF
Angel Baby Jan 13
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 6:49pm
'Lurking in'... we haven't heard from you Ladies for a few days.... 'lurking out'...
Lou
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 8:49am
OK ... I'm going to tempt fate and say that things have actually been going ok in this corner for the last few days. Saturday was really miserable with lots of pain (I slept in about an hour longer than normal and woke with a really full bladder, which is a huge no no for me, so it was game over for the rest of the day) , but lots of rest, and poor DH being left to walk the dogs by himself for a few days has helped.

I went to a 50th on Saturday night which had a large Maori contingent in attendance and had a gorgeous group of Mums and Grandmums clucking over my tummy ... until they found out I was only 3 months and then they just looked plain horrified!! *Sigh* It makes me nervous when you can see them obviously thinking 'thank every god there is I don't have to give birth to that baby!!' The really funny thing was that it was actually one of DH's (guy) work mates, and a long-term friend, who really wanted to touch the bump.

I bought my first pregnancy bra last week and what a disaster Me being me, I was in a rush and I don't feel like going anywhere near shops at the moment ( I know!!), so DH and I measured me up, disagreed completely over the size of my boobs (I could NOT believe the size the chart told me to buy which DH was sure would be right, so decided I knew better) ... and yesterday, much to DH's mirth, the underwear was delivered, and my poor, poor boobs can't fit anywhere near the too-small size I ordered    I hate being wrong    I guess he's looking at my boobs, but I'm looking down at my boobs in the context of my rapidly expanding stomach so they still look little to me

So, yesterday afternoon I got off my bum to drive to the boutique I bought it all from, got completely lost because I have no sense of direction, and ended up, an hour later, giving up completely and heading home, feeling completely wretched because I'd have another day of squished boobs. Bless And I still have to do an exchange, so I HAVE to get myself out to the store today. Ug! (But seriously?? HOTmilk lingerie is soooo gorgeous!! I know it's nursing stuff, but I figure that if I have to buy a new bra, I'd get one and handwash it between wears and risk it possibly fitting for the rest of the pregnancy)

Oh! and No. 9 did the strangest thing the other day - I was in the kitchen and looked down after getting a twinge, and my bump had moved to one side! Bizzare! I can't feel movements or anything yet obviously, but the little monster must have tucked itself up on one side and stayed there for a while. I'd evened out again overnight, but I really did look a bit deformed

I talk too much ...
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 8:49am
Oooh! Sorry!! That's really long!! I DO talk too much!!
Miraclebub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miraclebub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 11:26am
Can't beleive i didn't find you all sooner? Just spent time reading through all the enteries. Awesome thread - Great help.   Congrats to all you! How amazing to pregnant after such a journey. Been 4.5 years for us.

I am 9 weeks and just about to come off pessaries and am quite nervous - last ones on friday. Had ivf done at fertility plus in aucks even though my hubby and I live in tauranga. We were so blessed to have it publicly funded and conceived off our 1st cycle. We only had this one "beautiful" as the embryologist called it embryo that made it so its a little miracle. Had a scan at 7.5 weeks and saw heartbeat so its great to be finally all done with the clinic and be "normal" pregnant! Have got myself a midwife but no one here does private obstetrics - such a pain. Thinking about heading back to aucks for some appointments. Anyone recommend someone?
Margs B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margs B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 11:55am
Welcome Ames

You must be so pleased to be coming off the pessaries. I know I was. Poor Ginger was on them till she was about 10 weeks or something. I only was only on till I was 4 weeks, But I just hated them. I have my first scan next week so excitied.

We are waiting for tarns to get her results today after ET she is in Papamoa.

Look forward to chatting to you.
DS March 09 IVF
Angel Baby Jan 13
Margs B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margs B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 11:56am
Oh my god Ginger.. You are a chatter box...
DS March 09 IVF
Angel Baby Jan 13
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 12:10pm
Ames - Paul Robinson at Origins is gorgeous. Love him! He also works at Fertility Plus (he probably did one of your scans at some point!) ... although I don't know how it would work with you being based out of town as he takes care of you right through to delivery and the 6 week post-delivery mark.

Origins Obstetrics
mellybelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellybelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 1:52pm
Hey all and yes i'll add Ginger you can talk - but please don't stop it is great to hear you and No 9 are doing well.

All things are well with me, I think i've started feeling the odd flutter/bubble maybe a kick or two but that could just be my mind playing tricks as I want to feel it so badly. Have OB appointment next wednesday so hopefully I'll get to see the wee one, also have 20 week scan on the 11th of August so not too far away (it will be more like 20.5 weeks but that is cos DH will be in Darwin for two weeks).

I think my boobs have had another growth spurt, have not too long ago bought a much larger bra size and cos i was going away I brought too many (to get me through not washing them) and I now feel a little squished. May head out this weekend and look at maternity bras instead, then hopefully they'll last me through - surely they can't grow much more......

Congrats to those who have recently found us - always great to hear of new success stories.

Keep us all updated - love to hear the stories.
Margs B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margs B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 2:26pm
Hey Mellybelly i'd be like you hoping like mad to feel baby move.
I hope my boobs do grow a bit. (sounds odd I know) But I'v been a size 10 AA.. Would be nice to have just a little bit extra.

DS March 09 IVF
Angel Baby Jan 13
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 2:42pm
Don't worry Margs - they will!! It's a double edged sword for DH's - they loooove bigger boobs, but they're not allowed near them
Kiwibubs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwibubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 10:09am
Hi ladies,
Still no movement from this little one, at seventeen weeks, so I hope things start down there soon! DH is dying to feel something and just rests his hand on my belly all night, to see if he can notice anything!

Yay Ames- off the pessaries! It scared me to death but was absolutely fine. No side effects or anything! Good luck and I hope you find an OB you love. We are going through Auckland Obestrics at Birthcare, and they are fabulous!

Not much else happening with me....counting down the days until Fiji. Not going by fast enough if you ask me- hope I come back with some kind of tan!
TTC #1 2005-2009 (PCOS)
Clomid x 4
IVF #1-BFP!
DD born 11 January 2009.
TTC #2 FET (3 embryos)

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 10:24am
I think the pessaries are the IVF that has got us where we are, and it's a psychological thing severing that link. We've been monitored and checked and everything has been artificially supported for what seems like so long, going it alone is so scary!

I can't wait to feel movements over here, although I know they're ages away. It'll just be another way of knowing that kiddly is doing fine.

I'm feeling dreadful today and had a really rough day yesterday. I put it down to pg tiredness yesterday, but today I think I might be coming down with something. I crashed into bed at 7.30pm, and woke up with a terrible headache, vomited like I haven't vomited in weeks and weeks and I feel like I desperately need to go back to sleep. Mind you, I tend to get to about Thursday and feel a bit rough anyway. I'm hoping to get out of work nice and early so I can get home and crawl into bed.

I'm surprised Tarn hasn't made it over here yet    You guys think *I* talk a lot?
tarn22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarn22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 12:22pm
Shes says that and i arrive !!!!!:$]

Hello all you lovely lovely ladies.
I made it i made it i made it woohooooo
ok so theres my excitement bit

Better introduce myself im Tarn and Have been TTC for 3years and 10months !!! arggh and just finished my first IVF cycle with no frozen embys to fall back on, BUT !! The little embryo number 4 they put in me survived and i had my BFP yesterday.!!
Woopeee
Thanks ginger yes i agree i can waffle on a bit (actually heaps )but its all in good fun he he
Im a bit of a clown too!!
Soooooo i shall tinker off sometime today and get myself a ticker. and hopefully work out the date I put in for it to work out how many days im pregnant? (ok so im blonde as well )
So i suppose i count back 4 weeks from yest? Is that a silly question, ok help?
Better look into things i cant eat etc i suppse as well?
Never thought i would get to this stage so never looked (didnt want to jinx myself)
*(gweirdo)*

Nice to meet you all!!

Edited by tarn22
IVF#1 BFP :)

Kiwibubs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwibubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 12:31pm
Hi Tarn,
Yay- well done!!!

You work out your due date by using your egg retrieval date as ovulation. That should get things fairly accurate!

Congratulations again- it certainly is a HUGE day when that BFP finally arrives!
TTC #1 2005-2009 (PCOS)
Clomid x 4
IVF #1-BFP!
DD born 11 January 2009.
TTC #2 FET (3 embryos)

Miraclebub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miraclebub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 12:40pm
welcome tarn - so excited for you!!!! congrats!!!! and can so relate to what you must be feeling - absolute excitment but still probably feels very unreal! I remember waking up the day after we found out and doing a pregnancy test just because i could and was so excited to see the two blue lines pop up for the first time.
We too only had our one little embryo make it so i felt it was even more of a miracle for us! When we found out I was told I was 4 weeks and 2 days - had my test done 16 days after fertilisation. hope thats helpful? Yes welcome the world of things you cannot eat hope you are having a fabulous day!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 193>