FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly 2008 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 762>
Author
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 2:26pm
She is so gorgeous
Sponsored Links

kasbee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kasbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 3:05pm
Wow Emma she just gets cuter every time you post a photo of her. I so want one lol.
Kelly, mother to
4 wonderful children.
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 5:30pm

hello all

Emma, Chiara is such a cutey.

hmmm breast pads, when i'm expressing i have be topless with a nappy on one boob coz  it pours out one side while expressing on the other. lol i feel like a cow.

This was taken about 1/2 and hour ago. Soooo cutsey. I  him.

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 5:35pm
Mine is the same Sarahbetha, it gushes everywhere. She doesn't even need to latch and it starts pouring everywhere, poor thing gets drowned!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Gaelic Lass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaelic Lass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 10:50pm

Wow, ladies - no wonder you feel like cows! lol Sounds like you have lots of milk! Mine are pathetic....drip drip drip - hardly even soaks my breast pads. Though do agree with you Emma .. my flow must be better now if I am having to use the pads. I am still taking two of those pills a day though to stimulate the flow.

Emma - love your pix of Chiara - what a cute little blue eyed angel!

Sounds like you were a powerhouse this morning & organised to the max!
This morning was my first official time as Mum to 2 under 14 mths - without any other adult help! Michael was back to work at school today - was very nervous about it! Matilda cluster fed till late last night, she went down just before 1am, then she fed again at 4 but wouldn't go down and settle till just before 6am! Poor Michael was really tired going to work this morning. Then both Georgia & Matilda woke at 8.30am - brilliant timing eh! Had to very quickly feed Tilly, then get up an upset Georgia to change, feed, so I could get back to Tilly who needed more feeding! Then the midwife turned up, with a student midwife, then the fridge repairman turned up (cos our fridge was playing up after power surges all last night ). Damn weather during the weekend meant that I had a massive backlog of washing to deal with & finally got to have my shower at 3pm! No rest time either as when one was down for a sleep, the other one needed feeding! Need to work on our routines! Don't know how you do it Emma - i was so close to tears today!

Edited by kimmies
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 12:16pm
What a day Kimmies! I bet you were glad to see the end of it! Sounds manic! I'm lucky that the gremlins are old enough to be a little patient, this morning all 4 of them woke at the same time but they were happy to cruise around while I fed Chiara and then Maya made them some toast (altho I had to supervise!). Got her to school again altho not so organised, am still in my PJ's!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaelic Lass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 3:32pm
Yeah it was pretty crazy! Much better today - and even found time to back American chocolate brownies in the morning. Michael says I am turning into Nigella Lawson...a domestic goddess It has been pouring with rain here today - so not much else to do than care for the babies, feed the babies, change the babies, play with the babies & bake!

Can't imagine what it is like when all 4 of yours wake at the same time! You must be very organised to get Maya to school on time with all the others to deal with as well. Totally know what it is like to be in your PJ's late...sometimes I'm in mine till lunchtime! I managed to get in a shower before Georgia woke this morning, after I had fed Matilda.

Georgia woke up crying about 5am ish this morning - she must have had a bad dream or something. She is in a much more delightful mood today....still quite clingy - but just wants to come and hang with me on the couch & give me cuddles. Lovely Mummy & daughter time. Tilly needs to be fed now, so better go wake her
thomasina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomasina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 4:55pm
you guys with more than one are amazing! even tho you may not think so, you are!

I think its bad enough having to feed and change Zechariah and then get out the door by 9:30am for his mainly music group! ..that sounds soo easy compared to what you guys have to organise!

all the baby photos are soo cute!!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 5:25pm
How did music go Thomasina?

Yay for a more productive day Kimmies! I just posted about mine in the preg thread so won't go over it all again but not having a supermummy day today.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 7:42pm
I'm also in awe of those of you with more than one. I can't handle my ONE!

sarah, Ryan is gorgeous. It reminds me we need to take more photos of Daniel.
Mum to two wee boys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 7:48pm
Question re feeding - how often/much are people feeding. We've been doing one boob then a play time of an hour or so, then the other boob or EBM (20ml ish), then sleep. It means that the whole process plus a sleep is 4 hours, and he's only being fed about 6 times a day. We're now cutting down the play time to 20 min. I can express off about 40 mls. Does that sound about right for him being 6 days. My milk is starting to come in, but isn't hugely there.
Mum to two wee boys
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 9:58pm
LOL Flissty, I need to take LESS photos of Chiara, I don't have enough of the three big ones, esp Maya as a new baby (heaps of them as toddlers and older tho) so am going a bit overboard this time!

What you are doing sounds like what I did with Maya - feed one side, nappy change, play, other side then back to bed, and then I'd start the next feed on the other side. I'd wake her 3 hourly to feed, 3 hours from start of feed so say 7am, then 10am, 1pm and so on. She'd be up an hour at a time - 20 min feed, 20 min play, 20 min feed, bed - so then she'd have 2 hours sleep between feeds. As she got older the play time got longer.

Chiara is a law unto herself. She only takes one side per feed coz I have enough milk to sustain that so she gets up, I give her one side, change her and then put her back on the same side so she gets enough hind milk. She doesn't have play time at every feed coz she is too sleepy, she has a big awake time in the evening and a smaller awake time in the morning, then about 5-10 mins awake time during her other day feeds, and none for night feeds.

And I won't confuse you by telling you what the gremlins did coz they were pretty much a how-not-to manual of parenting...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaelic Lass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 10:42pm
Lol to your last comment Emma....can only imagine how hectic it was with a feeing schedule for your gremlins!

My midwife advised me that in the early days babies only need to be up for maximum of an hour - get up, change, feed, burp & put back to bed. Matilda is having a feed every 3 hrs or so, 6 feeds a day and is generally up for an hour - though less for the middle of the night feed..... although - when she wants to cluster feed - the whole organised routine goes straight out the window!! Matilda does seem to be a lot more alert now & is taking huge notice of the red, black and white cushions on our couch - which makes sense - as these three colours are excellent for babies to practice focussing on. I've been putting her in her bouncinette for a couple of times a day for a wee while just to chill out and look around - though have to be very on my game with a 14 mth old toddler running around the room too, wrecking havoc!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaelic Lass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 11:05pm

Ohh took some more photos of Tilly...just thought I'd share them

tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2008 at 10:41am
hi laides im officially here and home havent had time to look at any posts yet and mw coming in half an hour and still in pjs! just wanted to pop in and say hi will pop in later when have time to catch up!
[/url]
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2008 at 1:58pm
Gorgeous Kimmies!

Welcome back Kye! Can't wait to see pics of wee Jayden!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2008 at 8:33pm
Oh Kimmies, she's so cute!

Welcome back Kye
Mum to two wee boys
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2008 at 9:16pm
hi ladies

congrats everyone love all the pics! all such beautiful babies

we are home after 1 night in hospital and 4 nights at birthcare, Jayden was bf for 2-3 hours at a time!!!! and I ended up getting diaorea (Tmi) so really didnt and couldnt sit there for that long feeding so I switched to expressing which has been so good! one night at birthcare we were up most of the night with him screaming as he was so hungry but wouldnt latch, now hes like a new bubs on the bottle! he feeds roughly every 3 hours so im expressing about then although just expressed after 4 hours and got 140ml! milk machine! I also woke up in the night to pools of milk! think im going to bed tonight with a bra and a million breast pads!

DH has now got the diaorea and I now have a throat infection thing coming on- think im just so run down after a long labour (will post that in the pregnancy thread) so im on expressing and DH on feeding tonight so hopefully can get some much needed sleep!

mw came today and was lovely, shes coming back tomorrow to weigh him

Jayden also sleeps most of the time, we feed half a bottle change nappy and finish bottle off wind him etc then hes asleep although he seems to be more awake at night the monkey!

anyway off to bed now will post some pics tomorrow
[/url]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 7:06am
Kye, i need some of your milk. We're having to top up with formula and a bottle at night which I really don't want to do but I can't fill him up on my own. He is a pain at night, wakin up for 3 hours at a time (hence my one handed typing).

DH is really struggling cos he's so tired and doesn't feel like he's connecting with Daniel which I'm finding really hard - he gets really frustrated with him which both he and I hate. I don't know what to do about it clos I can't do all the feeds and settlling on my own but I don't want him getting pissed off with Daniel. DH is worried he's getting PND - we always thought I would - and it's just really sad he doesn't get to enjoy his time with his wee boy
Mum to two wee boys
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 10:03am
Big hugs to you both Flissty and Kye
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 762>