FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly 2008 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 756757758759760 762>
Author
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 3:30pm
glad your getting more sleep blondy

and what a mission travel weekend Anna!

Sottise if your lurking yay on your 20week scan result!

all is well here, we are off camping tomorrow for 4 days, Im hoping to feel better, I had V and D this morning which I thought was possibly a reaction to the 5 wasp stings I got yesterday, but apparently not thank goodness.

I also have to go on low dose asprin for this pregnancy given my history with Jayden

we have gone backwards with Jayden and the TT oh well, will try again soon

Jayden is officially enrolled in DC! starts friday the 18th and I may increase it to two days once he turns 3 and its free or cheaper so thats exciting I think hes going to love it, but the sucker I am has made it my work day so no rest day for me

have fun at thomas everyone, I would so love to be going Jayden would love it - next time

and hope to make it to Rachs, depends on what we have to do around here since we are away this weekend, were away a few weekends ago and have a wedding coming up so weekends to get all the farm jobs done are few and far between at the mo but mmmmm pears! and would so love to catch up with everyone!

[/url]
Sponsored Links

SarahP08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahP08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 9:26pm
We're still going to Thomas, its been our motivation to do wees in the big toilet for the last month. I'm really looking forward to it coz I know K is going to love it.

He had a huge tanty today, made himself hysterical, he wanted to stay with MIL istead of coming home for dinner. Kinda hurt my feelings - how silly!

He has also recently become a complete pita to get to bed. He has just worked out how to open his bedroom door so keeps coming out into the lounge. Its taking him two hours to go to sleep with all the messing about. Grrrr

SarahP08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahP08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 3:37pm
So I thought with all the messing about before bed and the early morning wake up calls that he was not needing his two hour day sleep. Today I kept him up and he fell asleep on the sofa. He's never done that before so must have been exhausted. Either that or he has concussion from donging his head on the sofa earlier.

BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2011 at 4:46pm

Bleh, i have a toddler who doens't ave arvo sleeps.
BUT, he does wee's and poo's on the potty and we've had 2 home days in undies (apart from arvo 'sleep' time) and no accidents. He comes running saying wee's on the potty then he'l say 'quick my wee's are coming out'

Evelyn turns 1 on Friday.  She's not walking and has no teeth. Total oposite of her brother.

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

SarahP08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahP08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2011 at 8:04pm
wow no teeth! My DF's little cousin is the same, she's 1 on the 17th. Hope D gets hers late not looking forward to getting bitten, I;m sure it'll happen.

blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2011 at 8:48pm
BB - Nat was only just crawling at 11 months, and didn't walk till 13 months. What's the bet all her teeth come through at once!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 1:33pm
Yeah she only just crawled at 11 months too. Ryan walked at 10months but he was super fast to do everything.
Ugh I don't want all the teeth at once she won't know what to do with them. Her gums are pretty hard she can easily eat steak and with teeth she'll be chomping stuff down so fast.

Sarah Mum to,

tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 3:58pm
wow BB cant believe Evs going to be 1! where has time time gone! Dont worry Jayden didnt walk until 18 months! and wow no teeth but at least she can eat everything, so hope they dont come through all at once

Jayden just threw up all over me not sure if hes got the bug I have had or if he got too worked up in a tanty!
[/url]
spicey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spicey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2011 at 11:10pm
Jesse has the pox. Thought it was itchy bites on Sunday but it is puss y. So very grizzly

blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 8:27am
spicey - have you been to the doc? chickenpox shouldn't have pussy lesions, they will look like little blisters. Hope he's doing better soon anyway!

With quite a few of our friends having kids with the pox lately, I'm feeling glad we decided to immunise Nat against them.

Crappy day yesterday. babies are such hard work. Can't wait for this newborn phase to be over with! I've decided that people who go mental/lovey-dovey over little babies must have easy ones!

Edited by blondy
scribe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 11:10pm
I'm totally hearing you, Blondy. I am just taking each awake time as it comes at the moment, I practically count down the minutes till I can put her down to sleep again (I don't know how I would cope if she wasn't sleeping, like Lexie ) ... and she's 3 months' old now so I figure I am half way to six months, which is when it should start getting better?

Grr reflux. When she is not being bothered by it she is such a delight, so incredibly smiley and chatty, and very active, she can't stop moving and yet isn't frustrated by her inability to get very far (unlike Clara was)... but anyway if she was happy the majority of the time instead of miserable I could see why people go cuckoo over babies!

Oh well she's going to be our last baby (excepting any accidents!) so I guess the fact that she is a difficult baby makes the decision easier

She probably needs more losec as she gets worse in the hours before she's due it again. but she is already on a fairly decent dose. I could increase her neocate - she has a bottle in the evenings and at the night feed as it makes her much happier and she doesn't vomit it back up - but I still think the long-term benefits of breastfeeding outweigh the short-term issues.

Anyway, time for bed! I'm feeling unusually awake tonight as I had an hour's sleep at lunchtime when DH took Clara swimming
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 7:59am
Anna what does of losec is she on? Jayden got up to quite a high does in the end and I know little miss did too, we had to up Jaydens does with the advice of the pead pretty much everytime he had a growth spurt www.cryingoverspiltmilk.co.nz is a great resource if you havent seen it already, talks about meds and doses etc too

Blondy are you still on gavascon? maybe try losec? I remember the pead saying that gavason and meds like that really are just like a thickener but losec etc nutralise the acid and do something else I think? anyway cant remember exactly but there is a difference between the two and he just said losec was the best.

Blondy thats good that your happy with your decision to immunise Nat, Ive been thinking of doing Jayden and youve just reminded me! it is one shot or is it oral? Jayden is the worst scratcher out and gets really itchy, I think he would find the pox really horrible and would probably scar, also I supose if they are vac then they arent going to bring it home to baby either! Maybe I will book him in when I go have the flu vac

On another topic, who ended up getting new matresses for baby number two and who ended up using the same ones? I remember when I was pregnant with jayden using second hand matresses were a no no but now I see that there is no direct evidence to suggest that second hand matresses directly contribute to sids, so Im not sure now! so was wondeirng what you all did for baby number two, did you buy new matresses or use the same ones? also my aunt has a matress from the hammock she may have used 6 times I can have what do you recon? all new matresses will add up, but at the same time I want to do all I can to protect bubs from sids!

Edited by Kye
[/url]
blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 9:29am
Anna - that's really tough with Sylvie being an unhappy camper most of the time
We're only getting maybe 2 bad days a week, and i think that comes down to issues with Lexie's tummy (wind, constipaion) and that she gets overtired so easily... not helped when she wakes every 10 minutes! If i can get a decent morning sleep out of her then generally we're ok for the day. Unfortunately the other day she was overtired and shattered by 11am and then wouldn't feed because she was too tired, but couldn't sleep because she was hungry She's getting much better at night though - going from about 8.30 till 2/3 then through till 6/7, so I'm coping much better with the daytime antics!

Kye, our gp is a bit conservative and reluctant to put her on losec, and while the gaviscon is still helping I'm ok with not pushing the issue. Because Lexie is totally happy lying flat on the ground etc after a feed (which she wasn't before), i think unfortunately some of the crappy sleeping is just that, and much of the screaming is from overtiredness

We will be using the same mattress. It's still covered in the dr sprott plastic bag, and it was a friggin expensive innersprung one, so i don't feel inclined to fork out for another! Remember too that your baby will already be at a low risk of sids because you're a smoke-free household (at least I think so?), you're aware of not sleeping the baby on its tummy for long sleeps and i think you had a movement monitor too? I wouldn't worry for the cot mattress the hammock mattress might be another issue as they're a bit more susceptible to absorbing spills/nappy accidents?

The chicken pox vaccine is one jab and i think costs about $70.
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 9:37am
cool thanks Blondy, we purchased a damn exensive matress too! and we are smokefree, although grandad smokes but outside, thats the only smoke Im exposed too, and the dog chewed through the movement monitor cord but luckily dh is a sparky so hopefully he can fix it! or I will be getting another one, it saved my sanity!

Are those covers good blondy? would you recommend I get one for number two?

bummer bubs sleeping probs cant be fixed by meds but glad that her reflux is under control, I so hope this baby is easy not like jayden, makes it hard work ahy, glad to hear shes doing well at night though makes you feel more human with sleep!

Great thanks for that about the vac, totally getting it for Jayden! been meaning to for ages, just one of those things that never gets done!
[/url]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 10:36am
I didn't buy a new matress. I didn't think it was a real issue. I thought you should buy a new matress when getting second handcots etc  I'm confused now.

1 more sleep.
Sarah Mum to,

fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 1:18pm
I have the same mattress. There isn't much (any) evidence to support Dr Sprott's theory about cot death being due to bacteria in the mattresses; there is more evidence to suggest it's due to the brain not regulating breathing, swallowing and the apnoeic periods correctly. I hated the mattress cover and took it off after two days. Far too noisy for me. Ben's on a 2nd hand hammock mattress. I figure it was only used for 3 months before he used it.
Mum to two wee boys
blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 1:28pm
The cover is very noisy we always had a blanket between it and the sheet, so that solved the problem. For me it was more about protecting the mattress from spills etc, but you could easily do that with a mattress protector.

And just realised you meant the hammock mattress was used on 6 occasions - i was thinking it had been used through 6 kiddies so I'm sure that would be fine too! (oh what sleep deprivation and nappy brain do to your reasoning skills )
scribe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 2:10pm
Sorry for being a bit of a drama queen last night , we are doing ok. This morning was nice, I visited a friend and although Sylvie was her usual unhappy self being able to chat while 'jiggling' her took the boredom out of settling her - I should get out more!

She's on 10mg of Losec a day; as she's 6.5kg that's 1.5mg per kg so according to the COSM website that puts her at about the average dose, about half the maximum she could have.

I'm pleased to hear that Lexie is improving Blondy; I understand your reluctance about the medication as I was like that with Clara, and if you can manage ok with Gaviscon that's great.

We're using the same cot mattress too

Sounds like you're excited Sarah! What do you have planned for it, are you having a party for her?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2011 at 9:03am
LOL excited but more sad cause she's one now and I don't want her to not be a baby anymore. We having a family gathering at our place, I wanted to avoid what happened with Ryan's birthday. MIL is already organising me. She asked what food she needed to make etc so I agev her a few things and now she's asking again what else she can do. I feel like they think I'm incapable, imcapable???  I'm such an organised person but yeah.

Not a drama queen Anna. Its good to have things out. Makes you feel better. I think you mms are amazing dealing with NB with refluz, and allergies. I just cope with mine as they are. If I was landed with one like yours I'd be a mess.

Ryan is not impressed that its Evelyns bithday and not his. I hope he'll be ok tomorrow when people turn up with presents.

Sarah Mum to,

sottise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sottise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2011 at 10:00am
BB, I say you take full advantage and let her cater it. ;) But at least your oven's working so you can make a cake... Happy birthday Ev, hope Ryan doesn't steal all your pressies!

Anna & blondy. I guess I really was lucky with Spud; fingers crossed we have a relatively low maintenance this time too. :\ Blondy, sucks you're back to DF, but I guess this time you know all the tricks for surviving it...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 756757758759760 762>