FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly 2008 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 758759760761762>
Author
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 3:33pm
KK - that's hard. There's no shame if you decide not to try for a VBAC. I think I remember Rach saying you needed to be in a pretty good headspace for it, and if you're stressed about childcare and all that, then that probably wouldn't help (though she's welcome to come and correct me!). I know what it's like to have no family around and realistically, it is something that you have to take into account. Do what's best for *you* and your family. Go Hayden on the TTing

Sarah, your poor sister. What a rough introduction to parenthood . Get her to see the Lactation consultant - there will be one who covers NICU.

Dad's coming up tonight thank goodness. He'll be here for a week which will help. I'm managing with Ben sleeping in his buggy, but it's not ideal for him. Means Dan will need to go back into the cot while Dad's here but he doesn't seem to mind - he'll probably enjoy the novelty. I'll find out about what's going to happen with my foot on Fri. ACC seem to be happy to come to the party with childcare so with Dad, then ACC will take over, and I'll get ParentAid in to help with meal prep/washing if needed, we should survive this! *insert pulling hair out emoticon* Don't know if I want to walk on your lawn for a long time to come, Rach ;)
Mum to two wee boys
Sponsored Links

sottise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sottise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 7:35pm
Fliss, did you at least get a good pear haul? ;) Good to hear you're getting some help sorted; it's times like this I wish I was a little less useless in the transport department. >.>

KK. I have no further words of wisdom but you know you can count on our support (far away though it may be) whatever your decision.

SB, congrats on becoming an aunty but :( for the poor bubba.

I'm huge, kind of over it and so not ready for July. Rock on!

BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 3:43pm
Is it just me or has heaps of people left OB. Its sooo quite these days. We have less than half our March thread left.

I decided on Friday that I would put Ev and Ryan in the same room together. Bad idea. No sleeping at all. So Ryan was back in his own room this morning.

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

scribe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 10:18pm
How is Jacob doing, Sarah?

And how is Alexa doing Blondy, I hope the dairy free diet is helping?

What a major bugger and big ouch Fliss, hope you are managing ok. How did it happen?

Maybe it was just all the excitement Sarah, maybe you need to give them a bit longer in the same room?

We put Sylvie into her own room yesterday. It seems to be working ok (I certainly slept well last night, apparently I slept through her waking at 5am, and she settled herself back to sleep before waking again at 7am)... but we have to be so quiet when she's sleeping as the walls in this house are so thin, you can hear everything, and now she's muchcloser to the busy end of the house.

It's certainly quiet in here and in my other thread, but I'm not helping matters. I am really busy at the moment but I should be able to get on here more often, instead I'm spending most of my spare time obsessing about paints and fabrics etc. I know we're relatively new in this house but I swear there's something about lactating (or post-birth) hormones that makes me decorating mad. I was the same after Clara too, breastfeeding is expensive

Sorry to hear about your Tupperware party not coming off on the weekend (was it?) Sarah. I went to one yesterday and it was fun, although I had to leave early as we had DH's boss and his family over for lunch. They have two boys, a three-year-old and 5-month-old, so almost the same ages as my girls, it was lovely. Clara and Luca are both so similar - so they took a while to warm up to each other - but eventually they had a great time running around together. Did I say that DH's work finally have an office? I think they move in in about two weeks. I'm quite looking forward to it now, it will be good for DH I think, and I'm out and about so much these days so I probably won't miss him.
Gaelic Lass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaelic Lass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2011 at 8:35pm
Oh Ladies - I feel SO guilty - I have been away from this thread long enough Have been thinking of you all... just not finding enough hours in the day with work, dealing with the girls (and being a solo-Mum at the moment) and all the planning etc I am doing at night. I have neglected you all, sorry.

Will try and be back in tomorrow hopefully, after work to have a read back on what I missed.

Not having the greatest of weeks, as you might have read on FB - our house was broken into in Tauranga last week. Sucks!

Hope you are all well x x
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2011 at 8:20am
waves everyone has been quiet in here! fire engine, took me a bit to figure out who you were whats with the name change and removal of pics etc? hope that foots getting better

we are off to the ob today 17weeks now! and then to the Dora show!

BB hows the same room going? hows your sisters bubs going?

great to hear from you kimmies

hope bubs is still doing well with her sleeping in her own room Anna
[/url]
blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2011 at 9:12am
Have fun at Dora, Kye! And 17 weeks - that's gone by so quickly!

Sorry haven't been in for ages, keep meaning to and then get interrupted... We're doing ok, still hanging out for the 3 month mark where things should start getting easier? Lexie's sleep during the day is slowly getting better - we're getting more 1 hour sleeps during the day, and not so many of those awake every 10 minute days, thank goodness! But the night-time sleep has paid the price unfortunately, so back to 3-4 hourly waking at the moment but it won't last forever, and having less exhausting days is a good thing! Dairy-free is going well - so much easier this time, although still disappointed that cafes dont cater more for dairy-free.... at least it's saving money and restricting me to coffees! Lexie's still got some mild eczema on her face but definitely better than it was and her snoring at night has ceased too, so obviously it's making some difference

Nat's being a wee pickle at times. It doesn't help that her carer has just taken on 2 girls younger than Nat, so she's feeling a bit supplanted in all households! Lots of blatant ignoring and purposeful naughtiness but i guess that's a 2.5 year old for you... and she is such a delight the rest of the time getting very close to dropping her arvo nap, which means she's a grumpy mess by dinnertime but is going to bed earlier (actually harder for us atm, as DH doesn't get home from work till 6.30 earliest ).

Anna - has your DH moved onsite with his work yet? How is it going?
blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2011 at 9:18am
And... Happy birthday Anna! Hope you have a lovely day with agreeable kiddies and some time to yourself!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2011 at 10:54am
Glad Lexie's sleep is improving

I changed my username and pics after googling my username and seeing that there was quite a bit of personal info that people could find if they wanted. I did it partly cos I'm not on here so much now, and partly cos I don't like that OB put some posts (with usernames and links) on the front page of the site.

We're doing OK. I'm off crutches, just got the moon boot for at least another fortnight. Still sore, esp if I do too much walking. At least I can carry Ben now.

I'm shattered - think the workload + 4 months of broken nights is really taking its toll. Not sure what the answer is. I'm really hanging out till I hand my thesis in in July. Wee way to go to get to that point :(
Mum to two wee boys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2011 at 3:35pm

LOL same room, ha. It lasted 2 days and I moved them back. Ryan hasn't had an arvo sleep in days, he just plays in there and jumps on his bed. Thinks it's great fun. 

Jacob came home last tuesday, he's completely fine, the feeding is going great he sleeps 3 hrs.....

Sarah Mum to,

SarahP08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahP08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2011 at 7:58pm
I've stopped using my two's names in posts for similar reasons, if I google their names my posts come up. I know its a public forum but I hadn't realised it'd be so easy to find old posts.

Yay for Jacob! 3 hours is impressive. We've got two 45 minutes naps and then a good hour and a half going on here.

K no longer has a day sleep either, if he has one then he faffs about for two hours before going to sleep at night and generally pisses everyone off. I don't like him going to bed sad because he's been told off for getting up all the time.

In other news, I've enrolled him at day care, he goes for one day a week. Starts this Friday and he keeps asking if he can go to school today. Very cute.

scribe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2011 at 8:55pm
You're right - googled my two's names and in NZ pages Ohbaby is the first to come up (suppose they're not very common names) ... maybe I should do the same thing. I've tried to be careful not to say too much on here but sometimes I just can't help myself.

Thanks for the birthday wishes - it hasn't been the greatest birthday as S's got a cold and so her sleeping has been very erratic, but it still beats last year's birthday, being in the first trimester and being insanely tired ... and now the kids are in bed I can start reading one of my new books

Pleased to hear your nephew is fine SarahB

Yay for daycare SarahP - I can't wait till C turns 3, she'll love it and it will be nice to have some one-on-one with S.

FE, you're amazing taking on so much with two very young kids.

Blondy, bugger about the night waking, we've had that a bit lately with S's cold, it's hard readjusting to broken sleep again. I found it took longer than the 2 weeks they say it does for the dairy-related symptoms to go away.

And Kimmies, don't apologise, you must be super busy at the moment!

Oh damn, spoke too soon. S has woken for the second time since going down to bed. Damn colds.

Edit for privacy

Edited by anakk
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2011 at 5:30pm
sorry to hear bubs sleep isnt still the best blondy but glad to hear its a bit better and that dairy free is going well

FE your amazing how do you work, look after two kiddies, with a moon boot and be looking forward to a thesis? take my hat off to you hun!

Anna hope bubs cold has gone by now hun

J has his first full day at DC tomorrow,so that will be good, think he will be fine, he has been at his half days, think it will be good for him, went to pick him up last week, all the kids were having rests and he was sitting at the table eatting by himself! the lady at dc explained that he refused to cook what the chef made them (yes they have a chef!) which was chicken and vege risotto, so the chef had to make sir J a marmite sammy and muffin!!! I was so embarassed! but she said give him a few weeks and he will be eatting what the others eat - moneky!

Sarah glad to hear your newphew is fine what a relief!

sarahp yay for having K in dc one day a week!
[/url]
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2011 at 5:32pm
oh and Dora was great, we had front row seats!!!! Jayden sat like this the whole time didnt move and didnt talk! lol

Blondy I know 17 weeks - almost 18 now! has gone super quick! two weeks today until my scan! YAY!

sottise how is your pregnancy going?

hows everyone else?

are we going to do a 3rd birthday catch up this year? even if we go somewhere kiddy friendly?
[/url]
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2011 at 9:15am
Did someone mention party food?
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2011 at 10:45am
I wondered about rockclimbing? Glen Eden rock climbing They have walls for kids 3 years + plus an area for parties (free) - we just BYO food
Mum to two wee boys
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2011 at 2:53pm
How cool is that!
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2011 at 9:29am
 I love rock climbing!!!! Can we, can we, can we, pleeeeease!!
Sarah Mum to,

Hayzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2011 at 4:47pm
Rock climbing will be fun!

Hope you are all well.
Am at work which is no fun on this gorgeous Sunday! At least I know my little boy misses me

How are the pregnancies going ladies? On Sat morning I got my BFP. So there you go - back to the top of the list now! Where are the #3s now??

tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2011 at 4:52pm
OH YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY congrats Hayzie thats very exciting news!!!! hope your not feeling too sick yet hun!

my pregnancy is going well cant believe im 18 weeks already!

tehehe surely theres not go be some 3's coming up soon!

[/url]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 758759760761762>