FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWaiting to TTC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 786>
Author
GuestGuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 3:44pm
wow you guys are chatters!
Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 3:49pm

Emz, i am the same I eat so much better when Nigel is at home.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 3:51pm
from what I've read about the Shettles method we should have a boy and I'm pretty damn sure she's a girl

I read about it afterwards and ticked off the list for conception close to ovulation, BD position etc as I knew exactly when she was concived (a big fight and 1 go at make up BDing that month was what it took for us LOL)

Emz - If our #2s are opposites to what we have now we could do a swap of all the pink and blue stuff lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 4:04pm

If I have a girl (and god help me if I do) I have a ton of boys stuff to sell to get girls stuff.

People think I am mad wanting another boy, but those close to me know what my body is like and what I would more than likely hand down to my daughter. My nana handed it down to her girls and then all those girls have handed it onto their girls - stupid endo and PCOS .

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 4:30pm
We would love a girl, but will be happy with what we get. We don't want our sex life dictated by "methods" and ttc - hence no charting or anything like that. We want our sex life to just be fun and random, not planned around when I'm ovulating etc.
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 5:10pm
I'd love another girl but that's just because Brenna is so much fun! I also can only think of girls names. Boys ones are sooo hard!!! At the moment I've got 3 girls names and 0 boys lol

Toni we'v e got a 'saving for baby' bank account too, so your not alone

My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 5:11pm

Originally posted by Two Blondinis Two Blondinis wrote:

ahhh I getcha now!

What did you think the C stood for?!?!? *giggle*

To tell you the truth I don't have a clue what the BF stands for but the funny thin is I know exactly what BCP stands for and explained the acronym to Ginger the other day when she asked.  Just got myself muddled this afternoon.

We're hoping for another girl but will be happy with whatever.  We're having at least 2 more kids (3 more if I can convince DH) so another girl then a boy would be perfect.... but we'll be happy, delighted by and totally in love with whatever we get.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 5:28pm

Bf is breast feeding I think or best friend.

We are the same as Stacey, no charting no nothing just having sex lol when we feel like it.

GuestGuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 5:31pm
Are you talking about BF as in BFP? = Big Fat Positive.
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 5:52pm
When we do start TTC we won't chart etc or use any methods, we won't even find out if it is a girl or boy.

I think we are entitled to about $3 a week for WFF so haven't bothered applying, however may look at it at in March to get the lump sum.

We haven't got a "baby fund" as that would require me to budget and I am no good at that. I just whack it all on the Visa and hope that we can pay it all off at the end of the month, which we have managed to do each month so far. Which obviously means that I am not spending enough!
Lindsey

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 6:32pm

Originally posted by SallyBelly SallyBelly wrote:

Are you talking about BF as in BFP? = Big Fat Positive.

Ah, that makes sense.  Thanks SallyBelly.

Linzy, we're keeping the sex a surprise this time too.  We found out with Michaela because I wanted to but DH didn't so this time we won't.

myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by MrsMojo MrsMojo wrote:

Linzy, we're keeping the sex a surprise this time too.  We found out with Michaela because I wanted to but DH didn't so this time we won't.

DH wanted to find out with Jack and I didn't, as I was doing all the work I vetoed him! As my Mum said, there are very few surprises in the world so we made sure Jack was one of them
Lindsey

Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 7:30pm
We aren't going to find out next time either. We did with Brenna but have decided to have the experience of not knowing 2nd time around.
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 8:13pm
Gosh go away for a day, and four pages later to catch up on.
We get $71 from WFF its not much, but its enough to allow me to go to lectures, and pay for Massey creche, which would be awesome.
As I want to pick up some extra papers, so when I go back to work I can go back to a more flexible better paying job.

We won't be charting or anything for the first few months, just want to get my cycles in order.
I am getting older, but i'm not too old yet. If i was closer to 37 i'd be more concerned.

I figure I can use this time to put a few $$ away each month, and build up my MCN stash. So many different ones to choose from.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 9:08am

Well, I managed to get in 40 minutes strength training last night plus I walk to and from the railway station every day which is 15 mins each way so I'm pretty pleased with myself.  It's just a matter now of keeping it up.  I also want to find a new yoga DVD, something a bit more challenging.

I'm also having second thoughts about my TTC start date.  If we concieve in Sep or Oct it'll be a bit of a struggle financially and if we concieve in Nov the babies EDD will be DH's birthday (which he already shares with his niece and older sister... can I handle another leo LOL) but anytime from Dec would be perfect.  Then again the chances of concieving straight away are pretty slim, it took 3 months last time and I'm 3 years older now and we don't see each other as often as we did back then, plus I'm looking forward to having sex that doesn't get interrupted just as it's getting interesting so we can put a condom on (TMI?).

If I discuss this with DH he will freak out, go and get another HP and put off TTC for another year - ok, maybe slightly exaggerating but he does worry about money, and when he's worried or stressed he tends to spend - that's why I'm the family treasurer.

I'm talking myself round in circles.  Thanks for reading my rambles.

p.s. I'm pretty sure we'll stop using protection in September leave it up to God from there.  What's meant to happen will happen.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 9:22am

I know we are will ditch everything from the end of November, just so I can drink at Nigel's graduation and commissioning course. Nothing like having drinks paid for by the Prime Minister and Governer General

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 9:25am
DH can't wait until we can ditch the condoms. I hate them too. Then he's getting the snip - he's not too pleased about this lol.. but I've been told by a couple of docs they won't consider tying my tubes because I'm too young
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 9:30am
I don't think we're going to go for anything permanent like that, I don't want to have my tubes tied and DH doesn't want the snip so once we've had our 3.... or 4 I'll probably go back on BCP or get fitted for a diapraghm.  There's always a small chance we'll decide we can afford more kids and DH and I both want a huge family (he's 1 of 8 and I'm 1 of 6) so we won't be doing anything permanent just in case. 
emma1010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emma1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 9:31am
wow this is moving along fast.
Well it is pretty exciting to talk about, partner and I getting very jumpy to start trying, but definately holding off til October. As soon as I know I am pregnant I have to switch to light duties at work, which is fine but you can't do overtime, which is a big way to earn good money. So need to keep earning that up until the wedding as it helps so much with savings. After Oct/Nov wont be such an issue that I am loosing that pay.
But that is the only other thing that sucks, can't keep it quiet til the safe 12 week mark, as not allowed to carry on normal job, so as soon as I know, everyone I work with will know too :( So much for keeping a suprise!
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 9:32am
DF would like a boy first, then a girl (so that she has an older brother to "look after" her like he did when he was a kid LOL not that she would have anything to do with that). Then again, twins run in my family (every generation, at least twice if not more per generation ) so who knows. We do definitely want a boy though, so at this stage we'd like 2 children, about 2 years apart and if both are girls, I might get my 3rd one That's in an ideal world though. I just can't wait to get off the BCP and get pregnant and have our baby!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 786>