FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWaiting to TTC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 786>
Author
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 2:01pm
Toni I don't get that on the pill. I have no side effects from it at all actually. I'm not allowed the mirena so that choice is out for us.
Sponsored Links

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 2:08pm

I didn't get any side effects from the pill either Toni. 

I was on Norimon for 8 years until we decided to TTC and got Michaela.  I didn't go back on it because I didn't trust the hormones from the pill not to go into my breast milk and affect Michaela's fertility when she grows up (I don't know if there have been studies or anything along those lines but I didn't want to risk it anyway) and I figured after 8 years of me taking care of birth control it was DHs turn.

ETA: With me being so clucky for so long it's probably safest that DH is in charge of contraception.

Edited by MrsMojo
emma1010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emma1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 2:49pm
Mrsmojo,
I am a firefighter.
So you have to get off the trucks as soon as you know because of the dangers (being in a 500C fire prob would hurt the baking process!)
So you just go on 'light duties' until birth. Then I will take 5 months or so off after the birth
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 2:54pm
Ah, that makes sense.  Nothing like my cushie office job, I was able to work up until the day I gave birth (literally) although I won't be doing that next time.
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 3:25pm

I am a bit like Toni and crazy on the pill, it made me bleed all the time (even when I didn't take the sugar pills). Me and my gyne have talked Mirena but I still may get the bleeding so the best thing for me is the big op.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 3:28pm
Ohhh that's an interesting job Emma!

Random comment here but I have found though, that the UK firemen are a lot hotter (IMO looks wise lol) than NZ ones - perhaps I only see the not-so-hot ones driving around Auckland lol
Doesn't help that my boss is ex-fire service and definitely NOT HOT!!

I was out'd at 6 weeks pregnant. Above mentioned Boss was really keen on me to try some wine he had ordered at a post-conference dinner and I would normally have a glass (or 3 ) but was tee-total since getting our BFP. Our Administrator piped up "geez Toni, anyone would think you're pregnant!" to which I responded with 3rd degree blushing
The only issue in my job was the fear that my waters would break in an office full of 8 men! LOL
My fear wasn't realised - thank god! But something to look forward to next time LOL
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 3:34pm
LOL, I kept telling one of the old guys from my work that I expected him to deliver the baby.  Since there were a few ex-nurses and a doctor in the office too everyone joked that I could stay at work and have the baby there.
sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 3:43pm
Everytime I see a fire truck I always have to have a sneaky look but usually end up *disappointed* because more often than not, they're old & I was expecting young & hot . So you could well be right Toni.

I was so worried about my waters breaking somewhere in public too but it turned out that there were no waters anyway, for some reason. I could've spared myself a lot of worry if I'd known that.
emma1010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emma1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 3:57pm
haha hmm will be sure not to pass that on to my workmates!
Am in Wellington so cant speak for the Aucklanders, but there has been a lot more younger guys coming through (mid to late 20s) lately so maybe that will help with the looks :)
But still plenty of guys who have been firefigfighters much longer than I have been alive!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 3:58pm

There is one nice army fireman here and he is quite young too.

My waters have only broke on the hospital bed, and they ill do that again next time too.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 4:03pm
My waters broke as I got out of the car in the mall car park at peak lunchtime

Ahh the joys of Motherhood
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 4:14pm
I had mine broken in hospital too. Soooooo glad it didn't happen anywhere public hehe
emma1010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emma1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 4:32pm
man that would be horrible in a public place. All these things to look forward to aye!!
ohanlon82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohanlon82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 4:44pm
ha ha all these things to look forward to LOL
http://lb2f.lilypie.com/TikiPic.php/RPaODBg.jpg
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 5:00pm
Hehe mine broke all over our house as I was rushing to the loo! And because they were only leaking (although there's still heaps) everytime I had a contraction more came. I left a wee mess in the entrance to Chch womens, in DH's car and in the elevator up to the birthing suite. That's probably normal for them though, just not for me lol

I'm going to get an IUD after next bubs. Don't think I'll go for the hormonal one though, just a regular one. I have bad side effects from hormonal things. but then again I may have to get the bits whipped out too depending on if my issues get better or worse, although I don't really want to go through menopause earlier than I have to.
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 7:24pm
My waters broke on the loo thank goodness. It never even occured to me that they might break in public. I was more worried about throwing up on the bus ride to work.

I was on BCP for about 10yrs before I cam off to get pg with Jack. I was lucky to have no side effects, well except for a very light/non-existant AF each month. Unfortunately we decided I wouldn't go back onto it after Jack was born so AF has come back with avengance.
Lindsey

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 7:32pm
My waters broke in the car on the way to hospital, I was prepared though and was sitting on a couple of folded towels.  The rest of my waters came out straight after Michaela and soaked the bed.
emma1010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emma1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 7:43pm
so much to look forward to.:) being on this board is making me too clucky , now I keep thinking 'myabe we can start trying Sept...." because chances are wont happen first month or two...   But then makes it difficult with Hen's night.
I could just ask my mate to organise it for Sept (wedding is Nov 1st) .
But then there are the guys from work.. they pretty set on the idea that I will be having a STAGS night courtesy of them. Which will be trouble!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 7:48pm

I heard Andrew's "pop" they did it themselves on the bed. Josh's were broken for me. God knows what will happen with the next one as I already know it is an induction at 35-36 weeks.

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 8:03pm
My niece was supposed to be induced at 36-37 weeks but she had other ideas, and came at 31 weeks after only 1 hour of labour, I guess its the pay off my SIL gets for having a horrible time during pregnancy.

There will only be 2 children for us, then that's it I will be hitting 40 then and will probably go on the IUD or similar until menopause.

I thought with the big op, they try to leave some ovary tissue behind so you don't go thru early menopause.

Scary talking about babies and menopause in the same post.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 786>