FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly/August 07 Toddlers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 59>
Author
Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 6:36pm
WOW jessica cant believe tessa is 5 mths already and your due next month italiah this year seems to have flown by!!

jetts gromets have been great!

italiah what did gia have done to her thumb??? i saw on FB she was having a operation? hope it went well

jett split his lip at daycare yesterday but hes ok didnt need stitches luckily.

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
5 little angles watching from above
Sponsored Links

Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 6:42pm
WOW jessica cant believe tessa is 5 mths already and your due next month italiah this year seems to have flown by!!

italiah what did gia have done to her thumb??? i saw on FB she was having a operation? hope it went well

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 6:49pm

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2009 at 4:51pm
hi ladies thort id drop in and say merry xmas to you all, have just found out that dh will be in hosp over new years in auckland for 7 days i cant go due to having no one to watch the kids& he is very very sick and after that we wont be able to have anymore kids :( which is really gutting as we were going to ttc from jan so no more kiddies for us. so a bit of a sad end to the year.

But hope you all have a fantastic xmas & new years!!

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2009 at 5:42pm
Oh Cat...that sucks. Can you take the kids with you?

I am so gutted for you as I was looking forward to your TTC stories.

All the best and hugs to DH

2010 will be your year...I just know it!
MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2009 at 5:11pm
Merry Christmas all.

Cat that real sucks! Hope things get better for you.

Kylah is doing fantastic! Shes grown into a real little girl!
Christmas was good, however shadowed by the fact im freaking out! I think i might be pregnant! Such poor timing! I have been doing everything to prevent it, but it seems inevitable! Im hoping its just stress thats making me late!

I start polytech soon, work is crazy, with the possibility of redundancy.

Hope everyone else is well!
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2009 at 8:00pm

Hey everyone!!

Gosh been a while since I been in this thread!  How is everyone doing - with their toddlers, and ones with new babies?

Cat - soo sorry to hear about your Dh.  That sucks really bad!

Ooh Kandice - so have you tested??  Has there been a whoopsy recently?

Well I am waiting very impatiently for this little girl to make an appearence.  Still 2 weeks til DD, but you never know.  R & G were early by 6 days.  Saw MW this avo and she showed us around the new maternity annex and did my checks as well.  She suggested last week that she do a S&S today, so I was all for that!  Wasn't to uncomfortable actually.  Baby is 2/5 engaged, but I'm not putting bets on her coming right away.  If I'm still around next mw visit on Monday she'll do another S&S then too.

Well that's about all on the baby front.  Jett is being a menace at the moment.  He just doesn't listen and do as he's told.  Certainly makes it very tiring.  You can't turn your back on him for a second before he's trying to escape out the front (and down the driveway), or he's drawing on the walls, or getting into my make-up!!  He's the cutest, cheekiest thing - but sooo darn full-on!

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2009 at 8:03pm
Hey Italiah,

Yup. Pregnant.

A little scary but im happy.

Hope that little girl comes soon for you!
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2009 at 9:41pm
Oh wow!  Congrats Kandice!  What's your due date??  Ooh another August baby?
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 7:35am
Congrats KAndice

Commiserations Italiah (LOL...not reallly but I feel your pain in this heat)

But I have to ask, Do any of us still have "new babies". I look at James and think "you are going to be one in a fe weeks....and your almost walking....no longer a baby!" He can now feed himself his meals so is not that dependent on me.....apart from my boobs.

I can so relate to what you are going through with Jett. Tom has worked out how to drag his stool over to the front door and reach the keys. WE have just bought security chains for the front door and the garage...not because we want to keep people OUT...because we want to keep people IN! he also pushes my buttons constantly when it comes to JAmes. James is sporting two great bite shaped bruises. Nothing seems to stop the biting...it does my head in. Any thoughts?

I'm probably 70% against number 3 now...so it is coming down. I think we have so many toys it would be wrong to not have a third....but I worry about the finances...especially when they are teenagers. Is that a good enough reason not to?

So what was the hit Christmas present? Unfortunately Tom is too little for his glide to ride bike. He loves it but cant touch the ground so he puts his feet on the "pedal" bit and we have to push him. James got one of those yellow and red plastic trikes and LOVES it!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 7:39am
Hey!

I am due 17th August i think. Have to get a scan to confirm as i really cannot remember. Kylahs birthday is the 15th August. Its going to be a broke month.

I dont feel sick much, thank god. Last time i was soooo sick.

Hit pressy here.. A handy manny tool set, and her train set. She loves them!

I am NOT having a number 3. 2 kids is more than enough for me. Sucks though, because i sold all my baby stuff. Now i have to buy it all again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 1:07pm

Yeah Nikki - I was thinking that some of your babies aren't "babies" anymore.  We have Tessa who still is... but James is nearly a toddler - wow!

Hmm, the biting phase.  No idea how to tackle that one.  My kids have been through it but only for a short while and I can't think of how we dealt with it.  I forget things like that so easily these days.

Wow Kandice, another babe due same time as Kylah!  So that'll be a 3 yr difference.. nice.

Ohh #3, Nikki???  haha only 70% against having a 3rd, if you do decide to have another, when will that be?  And don't think about the expenses during their teenage years - way too far away to think about that!  But now you've got me thinking about it and crikey we'll be forking out for 4 kids!

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 1:28pm
Yup 2 in August, broke month that will be. I figure it just takes planning. Im really freaking out about going to two. We have Kylah in a perfect routine. Shes a little helper, we dont get tantrums. She goes to bed herself. Shes full on talking, we dont have any worries. Now we will be getting a baby again. So scary.

Nikki, we havent had to deal with biting so i am not sure.

God i havent thought about the teenage years.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 3:06pm
Grr so I'm just talking about how much of a menace Jett has been, when he escapes today and gets half way round the block before some nanas got him and brought him home!!!  That kid!  He usually gets to the letterbox and we catch him, or he doesn't go from there, but he took off today.  Just as well these ladies did something about this 2 yr old running around the street, or we could've had a disaster.  We didn't know he'd taken off, but Dh knew the side gate was open while he's been clearing out the backyard, so we all started to look for him when a lady come up to the house and asked if we'd lost a little boy.  I don't know how we're going to teach him NOT to go on walkabouts.  He's such a danger to himself.  Over the weekend when he kept getting out Dh said we need to save for a funeral for him.  Horrible thought but he's just a terror!
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 3:21pm
OH i feel for you Anouska, that has been our worst fear. After watching the news about the little girl in the drain! Can you put higher locks on the gate?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 5:49pm

When the gates are closed, he can't get out, but they were open as Dh as been going from the backyard to the front taking tree clippings to the trailor.  Dh had seen Jett out the back and told him many times to go inside, and Dh thoughtt he had.  But jett had snuck past him and gone out the gate and straight out to the street.  I'd not long seen him in the lounge, then Dh came in and asked where Jett was, then started looking for him.  Then me and the IL's went to find him and that's when the ladies came up with drive with him.  He's so quick, and thinks he can just do what he likes!  He doesn't like boundaries and being told not to do something. 

All I think about is little Aisling and how fast that happened with her.  So I know it can happen so fast with any child. 

The good thing is - all the family know what a hundini Jett is, so are very good with keeping an eye on him, and know they can't just think he's in a safe place.  Bascially if you can't see him - you have to go and find out where he is to make sure he's ok!

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 6:04pm
That must be a pain. I know what you mean about them not liking being told not to do something. Kylah is exactly the same. Thats when we have tantrums. I remember i went and bought her paint and we were walking out of the mall, she sat on the floor and asked to paint, i told her no and she had a tanty right there!
Jessica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 10:29am
Congrats Kandice, awesome news, hope that you stay feeling good and it is an easy preg. 2 is certainly more work but lots of fun.

How are you going Anouska? You must be finding some of these days a bit hot with a belly, although you are looking great in your pics! Not long, all the best.
We have another Jett here it seems, Lachie is a shocker and around here is is just so dangerous, lots of streaming and big tractors and motorbikes - a boys dream (he is out on a digger today) and a mothers nightmare!) It is a big part of the reason we got an au pair beucase if I ned up on the phone and doing bills etc, I can't aitch him and he HATES being inside, so Talina (our au pair) is a god send.

We had some biting here a few months ago Nikki, a couple of times at daycare and I was horrified. They just said no, gave lots of attention to the victim and put him on a seat and we did the same at home he eventually seemed to get it but mainly I think it was just a phase and daycare said boys tend to do it more than girls. I am hoping it does not come up again. Now Lachie just wants to tackle and hug everyone but most kids arn't so keen either when done over enthusiastically - he is just so rough - I blame DH!

We think we will have number three but I am in no rush, what will be will be!

We had a lovely Christmas day here with a constant stream of people and Lachie was beyond excitement - his day sleep went out the window but he was really good all day, I was waiting for a melt down.

Tessa is great, reflux has settled, although she still spews chunks a few times a day, my carpet is a disaster area but she s a happy chucker now so I am not really complaining. Still waking once at night so nothing like her brother in that respect but I love having a wee girl and Lachie a great with her. She is commando crawling - backwards much to her disgust and frustration, Lachie has been trying to teach her to go forwards, entertaining to watch.

Good to hear how everyone is doing, have a wonderful New Year

Our con-joined boys 20 wk
Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 6:14pm
hi all

congrats kandise

italiah jett is a escape artist too freaks me out hes always hiding too,

the kids got spoilt rotten for xmas, DH spent the entire day in hospital so my day really sucked, hes just left for auckland for his operation too so now im feeling even more sorry for myself cant go to my friends wedding tomorrow & cant go and be with dh in hospital either coz have no-one to watch the kids for 2-5days, get to spend new years home by myself with dh lying in a hospital bed, this year has officially been the worst ever i cant wait for it to be over.

bought jett a new bed on boxing day so will have plenty of fun trying to keep him in that LOL

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
Jessica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 7:41pm
That is awful for you Catzkids, I can understand you feeling sorry for yourslef, if I was closer i would have been happy to have th ekids. Sending vibes for a positive 2010 for you, you deserve it!

We have been invted to a BBQ with friends but to tbh I don't think we will be going, they live an hour away and Dh is really tired a it is (started at 4am and not back in yet so we might go to a local carnival for a look around but will probably stay home, we are off to North Canterbury for a wedding on the second and I still have no idea what I am going to wear, although Tess is going to look very cute! Will post some pics.

Take care of yourself Cat

Our con-joined boys 20 wk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 59>