FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked**Due May 2009**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 298>
Author
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 7:14pm
surfergirl how far along are you? looking at the tables that Nefertiti put up those levels are fine for anything up to 4w6d. i have looked through the threads and cant find a due date for you but i am may first and at 5w2d so i figure you must be behind me therefore they should be fine? im not a doctor though but dont lose hope, you never know :)

Sponsored Links

CarrieMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 11:09pm
Congrats Emmecat!! That is really great news!

Surfergirl - Sorry to hear that you had some sad news from the Doctor but hang in there. Plenty of women have bleeding and go on fine.

I only had the one blood test for HCG to confirm pregnancy as my HPT line was so faint. I haven't had any more blood tests but now Im wondering if I should??? I'm away in Oz at the moment all week anyway so can't this week. Maybe I'll have one next week when I get back? Are Doctors happy to take bloods for no reason other than my nerves?

I have a paranoia that my pregnancy is an ectopic. I keep getting faint pains in my left side. I'm not sure how many weeks on an ectopic gets really painful but Im only 5 weeks.

Well, stay well girls and stick in there bubbas!!!!

Edited by CarrieMumToBe
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 4:50am
your HCG levels will be slightly lower if you have an ectopic but there are all kinds of pains and twinges and the start of pregnancy especially when AF is due. i was sure it was still gonna come but i got nothing. the twinges could possibly be your body being confused because you should be gearing up to OV soon but you dont need to now. im pretty sure ectopic gets painful really early on cos a lot of people have no idea they are pregnant when they get taken to the hospital normally assuming its appendicitis, it happened a few times when i was working there

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 7:43am

Good morning ladies

Monikah- sorry to hear your HCG levels are a bit stressful....I hope it's just wrong dates hun.

Surfergirl- argh no I hope the bleeding is just baby burrowing in nice and deep. ((hugs))

Carrie- was your BFP really faint? Cos I just took my second one this monring and assumed it would be much darker but no , it's pretty bloody light still. I'm only 12DPO (I think) but just thought shouldn't it be getting darker and darker?? My temps are still up and have v sore bbs and those crampy twinge type things going on but am a bit worried about this test.

Arrgh the worry begins!!

Vanillabean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanillabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 7:48am
Ohhh, Emmecat these early weeks are just so hard. I don't necessarily think you'd see much difference in darkness after 1 day but you could always go get a blood test done so you have a better idea whats going on.
5x mc, Jan 08, June 08, Nov 08, May 09, April 11

stars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 8:04am
Hi there, I found out last Friday that I'm pregnant with my 2nd. I have a 13 mth DD who takes lots of energy out of me!!!
I had a bloodtest done on Monday (was only 4 wks exactly) and the bloods came back at hcg 87. Will have some more on Friday. The nurse said they are very low which annoyed me cause I was only 4 wks 0 days so thought that was in the normal range. She made me worry for no reason, you worry enough in pregnancy as it is. With my DD i was 110 when i was 2 days late for period so thought this was spot on. what do you think, do you think it's low?
feeliing okay at this stage, pretty crampy though, not painful just uncomfortable.
surfergirl am sure it will be fine, have some more bloodtests to check. cheer up
surfergirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 8:26am
Hi all,

Well, it seems we're all worry warts!
The discharge last night has come to nothing, so I'm hoping it was just implantation stuff.
My best bet is that my dates are wrong and that I'm not as preg as I thought...this would mean that hCG is fine...
Feeling a little off colour this morning, which I'm taking as a good sign (who would have ever thought I wanted to be sick!)
Now just counting the hours til Thursday so I can go and give some more blood and get another reading...
DH has been lovely. It's a tough time fof the blokes too!
Anyhow, that's all from me today, let's just hope that us May Mummies have really sticky babies.
HI Sars, hope your test come back fine. And Emmecat GREAT to see you here too!
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 9:08am

Welcome Sars- yeah last time I was pg my HCG was similar and the nurse said the same thing grrr.  This time I'm gonna wait til next week at least before getting bloods done and might not even bother- will just see my GP in a week or so and he can decide. I don't want ongoing tests cos I will go mental lol

Surfergirl- SO glad your bleeding came to nothing! That is brilliant, what a worrying thing to happen. It is very common though isn't it? The implantation stuff I mean.....  I also don't think I am as far along as my ticker says, as that's going off my LMP. Pretty sure I ov later than normal! SO perhaps that's why my lines are so faint.

Vanillabean- thanks for your reassurance. You're right that it's really early adn so I might not see a big difference yet. I"ve had another look at the test now adn it's not lighter than yesterdays but about the same. And def a faint pink thick line. Maybe I'll just wait a couple of days before retesting. Or is it even worth it? And do you think it's worth me keeping temping now?

Arrgh my questions are already driving me spare so goodness knows what they're doing to you guys lol   Am just so nervous after our m/c in March.

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 9:12am
OHHH CONGRATS!! Emmecat!!! Im so happy for you hun!! LOTS of sticky baby vibes to you **hugs**

CarrieMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 9:14am
Hey Surfergirl, I am SO GLAD that your bleeding has settled and you're feeling better about everything. I couldn't stop thinking about you last night. It's all our worst nightmare.

Yes Emmecat my BFP line was very faint and for the next few days afterwards too! That's why I had that one blood test. I don't know when I ovulate really as I don't temp and never really got my EWCM either so I could have ovulated later.

I think we can all obsess over hcg bloods. They aren't really going to change the outcome are they???

I am tempted to go and get some more done but will try and hold off. As I said, Im overseas anyway so can't really.

Have a good day girls and bring on the MS (so we know we're pg!!)

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 9:29am

Hey Sheena!! Thanks hun....feels a bit like Groundhog day lol   Actually I should be talking to *you* about faint lines aye cos I think you had a couple at the start of your pg with Caden?

Carrie- glad you also went through this faint line business IYKWIM....it's nice to be able to share my crazy concerns lol. And yeah I reckon ms will strike soon so we will al know without a doubt we are pg!  

Edited by Emmecat

PippaLockysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PippaLockysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 11:14am

Hey Emmecat I had a very faint line on my first hpt but it was still enough to see and I made dp check it incase it was all in my head but he could see it too. I took another test the next day and it was still really faint maybe a tad darker so went to see mw and got bloods done so i know for sure im preg - when will you get your bloods done? Its so easy to stress about these things aye! I still dont have any preg symtoms apart from no af so that has kinda made me worry but hopefully im just going to be lucky this time round :)

Glad to hear the bleeding stoped Surfergirl!! and yes i think if you are starting to feel sick thats a good sign :)

Welcome Sars!!! grrr some poeple just dont think before they speak - especially telling that to a preg woman!! how are you not ment to worry about it! Im sure it will be fine thou - and congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 11:19am

Hey Pippa, thanks for that- I think I will go see my GP next week as I've had a m/c in March and also a missed m/c about 9 years ago about 12 weeks.  Apparently both were just bad luck adn there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with DP or I so am crossing fingers for a sticky bubba this time!

My test this morn is def a little darker- just took longer for the darkness to come up lol. I'm sure it will be darker still in a couple of days. A blood test next week will confirm for sure.  I think I'm earlier than my ticker says though- pretty sure I'm not quite 4 weeks TBH, although I won't know for sure until we have a dating scan I guess? lol

Anyone else have little crampy twinges? I know they're meant to be normal but gee they are a little disoncerting!

*Curly* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Curly* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 11:23am
Good Morning ladies, nice to see the group growing!
Surfergirl - I had brown spotting off and on for 3 days with my first pregnancy, and everything was fine. Try not to worry - I know thats easier said than done though!
Emmecat - I also did another HPT yesterday expecting the line to be much darker, but it was still kinda light, I guess theres always something to worry about!!!
I'm beginning to wish I went back to get my HCG bloods done, I can't believe they didn't do it! I keep thinking 'what if its all in my head'!
My midwife is on leave at the moment, so haven't talked to her yet, she will be back on the 8th - but that seems like ages away!!
I am feeling absolutely exhausted at the moment and finding it very hard to keep up with Mr 8 months, hope it doesn't last too long, I'm already counting down the days to 12 weeks!
Hows everyone else feeling?
PippaLockysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PippaLockysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 11:33am

Owwhh sorry to hear of your m/c's, must have been heartbreaking!   **sticky baby dust to you!!** Yea it took longer for the line to get darker second time round and all day id be going back and comparing the tests, just to make sure it was still there and darker than the first haha sounds so silly writting this!

You are waiting till next week for bloods - Omg you have the patients of a saint!

ohh and i had heaps and heaps of cramps around the time of testing too, i still do but def not as much - so im sure you have nothing to worry about :) Its probably just baby getting nice and cosy in there, burring down nice and deep

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 11:40am

I gotta tell you guys..... I am *so* glad I have you here to be scared with!!!!   

It's nice to know we're going through the same things...... am feeling off and on crampy-ish today, nothing major- hopefully just baby burrowing nice and deep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 11:54am
Hi Guys,
Totally agree Emmecat, it's nice to have other people feeling as nervous/sh*te scared as us!
When I POAS the line was dark and immediate, which made me think this was a sticker...we'll see.

I caved in and decided I couldn;t wait for tomorrow to do the bloods, so I went to the medical centre and got some more done urgently. So that way hopefully DH and I will know today what's going on.

My boss is away and I'm running the company until she returns in October! I'm unable to think about anything and not doing the job any justice, so that's my justification for going and getting them done early.

Feeling A LOT like getting my period today, so that's perhaps not a good sign. I've never been soooooo 'in touch' with every cramp/twinge etc that my body makes. It's driving me NUTS!

Anyhow - come 2pm I should know whether I'll be hanging around in here a bit longer or whether I'll be back in the other threads...

Finger crossed for you all (and for me!)
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 12:00pm

Surfergirl- am crossing my fingers for you but sure you'll be ok... 

This is *such* a hard time hey?! I think it's pretty normal to have AF like cramps for the first few weeks isn't it? If you scroll through the other months, most women seem to get them at some stage.....  

And not that you probably want to hear this, but if you were mc, those cramps are MUCH stronger than AF cramps.... not naggy twinges or a dragging feeling...real full on and fairly painful (well mine were, even at 5 wk pg) . I think they're pretty recongnisable from settling in cramps.

Someone else might be able to correct me but that was def my experience.

maudie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maudie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 1:35pm
Surfergirl, finger toes everything crossed for you.

I have had the worst day so far, Baby decided it wanted to play the mornig sickness card today. So I guess fun anc games are coming my way. It was just a matter of time.

Question do anyone have a solution to itchy nipples? OMG they are driving me mad, I am walking around the office trying to conceal my scratching.

I have been having pains but I have had these with all my pregnancies so I just put them down to stretch and grow.

When to start worrying is when the pain is so bad that you can't walk or sit or you in yourself feel as though something isn't right.

When I lost Anika I knew something wasn't right as I was doubled over with pain, turned out she had passed away 4 days before hand.
If you feel like you just need some reassurance call yur MW or GP that is what they are there for. Don't they tell us not to worry???????? So if you are worried call, I am a big beliver in you and Baby first & no question or concern is to little.

Ladies look after yourselves

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 3:12pm
Sorry - cut and paste from the other thread...

OK - update...levels today are 3,450 which is up, but not double.
Nurse at the surgery said come back Friday for some more...but certainly no wine tonight!
She thinks that the fact it's early days and that 1st lot were taken late monday night and these ones were early this morning that it's not bad news...but...well, you know...
Legs crossed!!!

Hope you are all doing well and I'm sorry if my dramas are dominating the thread...

Bring on the ms!!!

Edited by surfergirl
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 298>