FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI can’t believe....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
mothersinstinct View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mothersinstinct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2008 at 8:28pm
What is the fit like, is there any gaping around the legs?
Karyn

Mum to J (7 years) and I (4)

Sponsored Links

kiwivic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwivic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2008 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by nzpiper nzpiper wrote:

ooooo, you have me so tempted.  I love the d'lsih but Tom seems to leak through them fast....is there anything I could be doing wrong?

Are the inserts sopping, or is it a fit issue? My only guess would be the fit, if the legs aren't done up snug enough, or he needs to upsize? They last as long as any pocket nappy with an insert & booster for us.

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2008 at 9:12am

I think they are getting a bit on the small side but I can still do them up with snaps to spare.  They are leaking right through....as in front is wet.  I wonder if the rise is too low and it is seeping up and over.  I'd love to crack it as I like these nappies.  When we first got them he lasted 4 hours.

Today is nappy stripping day (what a mission) and I am doing every nappy.....once a year aint bad.  Lets see if there is an improvement.

The other thing that is stopping me buying more itti bitti's is the pile of nappies I have cut out ready to sew.  I got a bit carried away and cut more fabric than I had meant to.  I have about 10 nappies to make.

Sorry for the thread jack Emma.

Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2008 at 12:23pm
Ooo I love the sewn ins too def our faves and find they fit Jack a bit better than the snap ins.

I have been using the snap ins for a while and recenty got some new ones and did notice the old ones aren't as fluffy but if you don't have new ones to compare you cannot tell. They still look brand new.
Alianasmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alianasmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2008 at 2:41pm
hmm i might have to try the sewn ins. dont they take ages to dry though? i dont have a dryer... might be a good excuse to get one though

tickers" /></a>
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2008 at 3:22pm
I have one sewn in and 3 snap in and I find they take the same time to dry, the hempy bit of the snap in takes as long as the sewn in bit (hope that makes sense).
I want to get some more d'lish for new bubba but DH isn't convinced yet. I would love to entirely swap my stash for all d'lish they are awesome.

gypsynita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsynita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2008 at 11:27am
well... after all the glowing endorsements, I've just caved and bought my first d'lish!! I've only been using fitteds so far so really keen to see how this compares... yay!! Can't wait for it to arrive
Anita
Mum to Cian (Aug 08), Josh (Jun 10)

kiwivic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwivic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2008 at 11:45am
Hey Emma - did you get one of each colour in your 2 dozen, or did you pick individual colours?

Tweedle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweedle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2008 at 12:10pm
They are gorgeous nappies - I often gaze at all the lovely colours sitting on my shelves!
Mum to Ellie, Dylan & Lauren

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alianasmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2008 at 12:22pm
Yay i showed hubby this thread and nows hes all keen for a 1/2 1/2 bakers dozen! Thanks guys
tickers" /></a>
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2008 at 9:45pm

So who got any from the fist lot of nappies????

I did, was going to get 2 but decided against it.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 5:00am
I got outbid on all the Ecobubs stripes. *sulk* by 50cents on all auctions. *double sulk*

Nefertiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nefertiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 2:07pm
Its telling me the user Mayasmummy doesn't exsist...hmm
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 2:11pm

Its Mayazmummy

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Nefertiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nefertiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Maya Maya wrote:

Nope sorry Vanessa, all meds Am getting a dozen med Bittis and a dozen larges, so half for lil miss and half for the gremlins that can get handed down to lil miss later on.

Becks my username is just Mayasmummy.

lol thanks....i was just copying and pasting from the above hehe
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 7:39pm
Hahaha Paws!!!!!

*sorry!*
mothersinstinct View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mothersinstinct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2008 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by nzpiper nzpiper wrote:

I think they are getting a bit on the small side but I can still do them up with snaps to spare.  They are leaking right through....as in front is wet.  I wonder if the rise is too low and it is seeping up and over.  I'd love to crack it as I like these nappies.  When we first got them he lasted 4 hours.

Today is nappy stripping day (what a mission) and I am doing every nappy.....once a year aint bad.  Lets see if there is an improvement.

The other thing that is stopping me buying more itti bitti's is the pile of nappies I have cut out ready to sew.  I got a bit carried away and cut more fabric than I had meant to.  I have about 10 nappies to make.

Sorry for the thread jack Emma.

How did you get on with the strip - is it performing any better for you? Are you using the medium size now ... I am just wondering if you are whether you need to go up to the next size for more rise?
Karyn

Mum to J (7 years) and I (4)

krisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2008 at 3:17pm
newbie here...

how do you nappy strip? :P
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2008 at 3:41pm
Hot wash w/ 1/2 c white vinegar
cold rinse with 1/2 c baking soda

Another cold rinse after that

THat's just one way... plenty of variations on the same theme

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alianasmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2008 at 5:02pm
how often are you sposed to do that?
tickers" /></a>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>