FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue in July 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 262>
Author
skp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2008 at 5:19pm
I'm in this group yay!! 6 weeks preg today. 2 positive home tests and a blood test today, but waiting on results of that. This is our first pregnancy and we are very excited, so much to learn and do!
How do I get a ticker can someone explain to me?
Sponsored Links

myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2008 at 7:19pm
Hi skp, congrats! The FAQ's thread in the Admin section covers tickers, but basically click on anyone's ticker that you like and it will take you to the website to create your own. Then add the address to your profile in the top right just above 'new topic'.

I had a scan last Friday but I was only 5w5d so they could only see the sack. A friend from high school is a dr part time at my GP's practice and she sent me to dble check it wasn't ectopic due to the stomach pains I had been having last week. We were both pretty sure it wasn't but she thought I would feel better knowing. She is really great, she has a DS a few mths older than Jack so understands. She said I could get another one this week if I was worried due to the tummy bug, ms etc. I have my first mw appt next Mon but I may get another san later in the week just to make myself feel better.
Lindsey

hailstones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2008 at 8:04pm
Hey gals!

Hows everyone feeling?

Haven't been feeling too bad myself, a few bouts of Nausea here and there but otherwise not overly bad. Had a bit of cramping going on down there, but trying not to work myself up too much as had the same when pregnant with Elle.

Have an appointment at the hospital on the 2nd of december which seems so long away, still don't know an EDD but will wait for the appointment and hopefully will get sent for a dating scan.

Been to see my friend with a 1 week old today, god it made me clucky, she is sooo little, its hard to remember Elle ever being so little, seems so long ago!

Shirena and Pearls, you gals are organised!! I haven't thought too much of baby things yet, We have pretty much everything still here for Bubs, including clothes (if bubs turns out to be a girl that is).

On the subject of the baby's sex, who is going to find out the sex of their wee one. My DH doesn't like finding out the sex, although I really wanted to with Elle but it wasn't too be, not sure yet if I want to find out what we're having, it was kinda nice having the surprise last time!

ETA - Change some bad punctuation

Edited by hailstones

HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2008 at 8:32pm
We'll be finding out for sure (if baby complies that is) - as bubs will be the same season as DD, we will save a small fortune in clothes as I have kept 99% of Erin's

Feeling OK otherwise, nausea on and off, tired as b*ggery!

Mama to two earth walkers & two angels.

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being. ~ Kittie Franz

Next Slingbabies! Meet - Friday 4th May !!
shelleybean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelleybean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2008 at 8:53pm
Hey girls, pleased to hear you are all feeling well. Wish I could say the same I am feeling sick 24/7 and have been now for the past 2 weeks. Had this on and off with Lily, so not quite use to it. But feeling very tired.

We won't be finding out!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2008 at 9:07pm
Poor you Shellybean, I remember only too well being crook 24/7 with Elle, and it was even worse at work (I am a chef) around all the food smells. So I am stoked I am not feeling so crook (yet *touches wood*).

I know what you mean Pearls about saving money, we have still got sooo many of Elle's clothes.

The other day DH said he kinda hopes we have another girl, which kinda surprised me, thought he'd be hoping for a wee boy!

SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2008 at 10:14pm
Big congrats skp. And welcome to the group.

We will be finding out, although according to McKayla baby will have straight hair, blue eyes and it it going to be a girl. Grant I think wants a girl as he always said he is more a daddy to girls (I think he is petrified of having a boy as he was really a boy boy).

I would just like a really healthy sticky baby. I am really starting to think Friday will be too early too see. I thought we saw McKayla at 5weeks 3 days but today when looking at her album (she insisted we look at her scan pics) I saw it was 5 weeks 5 days. She had a heartbeat and everything at 2,3mm big. But if I work out from the last time we could have fallen pregnant the youngest this bub will be is 5 weeks 1 day on Friday.

So hoping we will see at least something and then get another scan a week later to confirm.

Not too organised, I am just paranoid with stuff and like stuff planned to the T, seeing that I will still write exams in May, June which dont give much time to actually sort out stuff after that.

HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 7:41am
Feeling really green this morning - yech

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being. ~ Kittie Franz

shelleybean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelleybean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 10:18am
Thats no good Pearls, not a very nice feeling.

HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 12:21pm
Whew - did 35mins of laps at the pool this morning and I am knackered. Going to go blob on the couch with some lunch soon! (If I can keep it down...)

SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 2:24pm
You are way more productive than I am. I WATCHED my daughter swim for 30 minutes. I am sure that must count for something right?

SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 3:04pm
Just got a call from the dr's office and seems my numbers are a bit low so they want me to do another bloodtest tomorrow and see if it is going up. So hoping nothing is wrong but I guess I cant do anything at the moment.

Just have Playcentre in the morning and the property team meeting in the afternoon with another Kei tua Pai or something like that meeting right after that. Just going to have to go in the middle of it and go off for blood and come back then.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 3:12pm
I thinks I spoke too soon, today, I am feeling like utter crap!!!! Had Ms off and on all day, eww yuck! So I sympathise with everyone now!!!

Pearls - good going on the swimming, I really need to think about what exercise I am going to be doing, I put close to 25kg on when I was preggers with Elle and really don't want to be going down that road again!

Shirena - good luck with the blood tests tomorrow, hope they all go well, have my fingers crossed for you!

HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 4:11pm
Shirena - as far as I understand it, it's not the numbers that are worth worrying about, it's whether they 'double' or not within the specified timeframe. My numbers were on the low side too but more than doubled (between two tests) so I am satisfied, as was my GP. Good luck though!

Hailstones - I gained around 16kg when I was pg with DD, and I so don't want to do that again either! Took me two years to get it all off (and then some) LOL At the moment I am doing a workout in the gym once or twice a week, and yoga twice a week for an hour and a half.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 6:57pm
Gosh you guys are good, the closest I get to exercise is Jack's swimming lesson (I am in the pool too) but haven't been in a while and talked DH into changing it to a Sat class so he can do it!

Feeling OK today, had a good sleep last night and 1.5hr nap today at lunch when Jack slept.

We won't find out the baby's sex. We had a surprise with Jack and that is the way I prefer it. DH wants to know but I do the work so I decide (horribe wife aren't I!!). DH wants a girl and then says that's it for babies (with MS I am starting to agree!) but I want 3. I think this one is a boy anyway due to the timing of BDing.

I still have all Jack's clothes but heaps are white, lemon and green so it will be fine for the new baby. I need a new bassinette (we borrowed one with Jack) and a capsule (again was borrowed), and am thinking of getting a dble MB
Lindsey

Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 9:39pm
Hi all, haven't been on for a few days and things are moving faster now! Still feeling sick alot of the time, and tired most days, really really tired some days.

Congrats to the new mums-to-be joining us!!!!!

Yep, we will be finding out. Really hoping for a girl this time. If its another boy born the same week as Jake, at least we won't have much to buy though!

I also put on 16kgs with Jake - which was alot on my frame (started out 54kgs). I haven't been exercising apart from the odd walk, and have been eating heaps --- but was really hoping not to gain so much this time, as I still had 2.5kgs to lose when I got preg again (about 16months after having Jake). I didn't really lose any weight til I stopped breasfeeding when he was 10.5months, as my body wanted to hold the fat to keep producing milk!! (ie if I exercised, my milk supply dropped! Grrrr)

Shirena - good luck with the blood test!!
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2008 at 7:47am
Have been vomiting on and off since last night Need to cheer up before I head off to yoga though *sigh* Had a wee back spasm this morning too, though I wonder if that's from all the swimming yesterday...

mumto3+1more? View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumto3+1more? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2008 at 8:19am
Hi - sadly have lost our baby. Can you please take me off the list. Am doing okay this time though. I am thankful I still have one tube left and can get pg again. I know I will have another baby ( DD) soon.
Thanks

~~mommy to~~~
Candyce Chanel 15
Elijah Samuel Francois   5
Jacob Isaac Francois       3
+ 4 babies in heaven    

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2008 at 9:44am
mumto3+1more? I am so sorry for yours and your family's loss
Lindsey

HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2008 at 11:15am
Oh no, I am so sorry to hear your news Big hugs to you hun - please let me know if there is anything I can do?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 262>