FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWool soakers and longies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
McPloppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McPloppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wool soakers and longies
    Posted: 14 December 2008 at 2:51pm
Does or has anyone used wool soakers or longies on their baby. i heard that they are relly good for overnight use. Another question is will it make it too hot for baby to wear these if they are in a merino go go bag also? I need the bag to stop Sophia crawling out from under the blankets so not using it is not an option.. I really want to use mcn"s at night but she is a tummy sleeper and wets through and the knitted longies and what not are so cute...OK the vanity thing again , should I just be using regular wraps?
Oh I really like athe llamajama's

Sponsored Links

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 3:28pm
Yup I use DesignerBums woollen covers overnight, them and some knitted longies and wrap soakers I found a pattern for and *suggested* my mum knit me. (And then I lanolised them with some Sudz n Dudz lanolin spray I also got from DesignerBums.)

They work WONDERFULLY - previously I had some plasticky covers and was worried about nappy rash because they don't breathe. The woollen covers last all night no problem (and JJ is quite a heavy wetter) and you just need to air them out before using them again, they only need a wash every couple of weeks. I don't think getting too warm is a problem because wool breathes so nicely, shouldn't think it'd be a problem with the sleeping bag.

PM me your email address if you want the knitting pattern They're similar in shape to the GranNZ ones you can get from Scamps, but have multiple buttons instead of velcro.

The llamajamas are really cute too!

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
McPloppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McPloppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 4:07pm
Also have you experienced any itchiness or rash from wool being against bare skin?

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 4:21pm

I had some (too small now) and they were great. My nana made them for me and Josh's didn't have any problems with them at all.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 4:27pm
We used a soaker for a while and didn't find it too hot or itchy or anything like that.
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 5:54pm
We love wool, I make my own and my two have shorties at the moment and they are fine with it against their skin.
kiwivic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwivic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 6:15pm
I love wool as a waterproof layer!! I used DB wool covers & homemade wool longies on Leo overnight when he started outweeing his pockets. We never had leaks with wool! It's really amazing stuff and I love that you only have to wash them every few weeks. You just air them during the day and the wee smell is completely gone!

Muzzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muzzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 9:44pm
There are some super cute soakers and longies on trade me $23.50 buy now and she sends you the stuff to lanolise them.

I have my eye on them for baby number 2.
Tweedle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweedle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 8:49am
They are great as an extra waterproof layer and there are also come gorgeous ones out there, We have Woollybottoms which we will have more designs soon closer to winter
HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 5:47pm
A huge longies fan here, am busy knitting up a storm ... and will be even busier once we find out what gender bub is... then I will lanolise them and will be great for winter.
Mama to two earth walkers & two angels.

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being. ~ Kittie Franz

Next Slingbabies! Meet - Friday 4th May !!
kiwivic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwivic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 7:38am
Originally posted by Pearls Pearls wrote:

A huge longies fan here, am busy knitting up a storm ... and will be even busier once we find out what gender bub is... then I will lanolise them and will be great for winter.

I agree, longies are easy to knit up and make wonderful pj pants in the winter!

Post Reply Post Reply