FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedConceiving after a M/C

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Newbie26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 4:20pm
Hi everyone, sad to hear how many of us have had m/c...but interesting to hear how people have conceived afterwards.
I had m/c in Oct 08 and had to have D & C late Nov. Waited one cycle, but despite everyone's assurances that it would happen 'straight away', it hasn't. Getting a bit frustrated, and I'm sure that's not good for conception!
I guess I may need to look at my ovulation times differently now have had D & C perhaps?
Sponsored Links

karenm View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karenm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 1:30pm
Hi

We had a missed m/c in Sept 08. Due to complications during the D&C (perforated uterus and damage to my bowel) we were told we had to wait 3-4mths or we risked doing further damage to the uterus. So we waited exactly 3 mths and luckily for us, conceived straight away.   Went for scan yesterday (saw the heartbeat yah!!) and am now 6 weeks pregnant. Scary though as I now it's still early days. Want to be excited but it's hard.

Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 1:38pm
Congratulations KarenM thats really awesome news and gives those of us that have had miscarriages real hope for the future! I think it will be hard for you until you have that baby in your arms but as ive been told theres no extra chance of a miscarriage just because youve had one before. Im sure everything will go well for you and i send lots and lots of Sticky Vibes!!

Newbie i am unsure what happens to ovulation times at all, i didnt have a d&c but i still havent even had a AF since my miscarriage almost 7 weeks ago. I dont understand how it all works after a miscarriage at all i guess we just gotta hope for the best.

surfergirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 4:10pm

Newbie, I miscarried in Oct 08 @11 weeks. Took a bit of a break and have been TTC again. Got AF today so feeling a bit down.

Don't believe everyone who says it will happen straight away, it just gets your hopes up, and I (and many others) are living proof it doesn't. Apparently our chances of getting the BFP are the same as everyone elses.

Sorry to be such a downer, but I just want you to know that you're not alone. I too am feeling very p*ssed off with the whole situation.

Karen - great news! Good luck! I can see it would be hard to be excited. A m/c really does make you think the worst. But look at some of the great ladies on here who have had a tough time and managed to have healthy, happy babies. It can be done!

Good luck to everyone who is trying again!

Jakinty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jakinty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2009 at 3:36pm
i've been wondering the same thing about ovulation/d&c etc. I swear my body isn't the same since i had mine back in Sept 08. My AF arrived today on day 33 which is highly unusual for me. I think that because our bodies have been through a bit of an ordeal it may take a bit longer to come right. I am starting on Clomid again this month, so am hoping it will happen fast. I do think we all deserve some good Karma and should be able to conceive faster if we've had a m/c... if only it worked like that!!
Oxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2009 at 4:18pm
Hi everyone

I have found ever since I had my m/c I still have the weight from the pregnancy and cant lose it

Has everyone else had this happen to them

TTC#1 Jan 2009
Brezel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brezel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 1:55pm
I had a dnc on Dec 10th - had a period two weeks later Dec 29(4-5 day cycle) I had another period 19 days later on Jan 17th(4-5 day cycle) Had another period 28 days later on Feb 14th, but this period lasted 2 days and two days of light brownish discharge(sorta like when your period's ending) is this normal???
Brezel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brezel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 2:00pm
Girls I'm so sorry to hear about your losses- i know from experience how tough it is to cope w/ losing a child.

Gods blessings to all of you trying again!
Brezel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brezel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 2:00pm
Girls I'm so sorry to hear about your losses- i know from experience how tough it is to cope w/ losing a child.

Gods blessings to all of you trying again!
Newbie26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 4:25pm
Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been on in ages, just seen your lovely comments - so nice having an online support as practically everyone I know has had no problems falling preg and not m/c-ing.

I was starting to get really annoyed not falling preg straight after first cycle in Jan (after d&c). I def think its due to changes in my cycle after m/c (fell preg first time trying after going to obstetrician - she had suggested having s earlier - 3 days after period it happened) so will maybe have s later in cycle now...

So happy to hear your news Karen, and to the rest - best of luck oxoxo
karenm View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karenm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 4:48pm
Thanks for all the good wishes but unfortunately our good news was short lived. We had a scan yesterday which showed the pregancy is no longer viable. There was no heartbeat this time and there had been no change in size since 3 weeks ago.
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 4:55pm
Aww Karen im so sorry to hear your bad news...there is no right thing to say in this circumstance but i send you virtual hugs.

Brezel sorry i am not sure how it works after a D n C i had a natural miscarriage hope everything is okay for you now.

Newbie hope you are doing ok too.

I think my cycles are completely screwed now... last one was 47 days and this one is going to be quite long by the looks of it too still no concrete evidence of Oving.

Newbie26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 4:34pm
Oh Karen I'm so sorry to hear your news, that is terrible.

Hugs to you, so sad.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12