FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedInvercargill Mums and Mums2B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 44>
Author
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 9:35pm
Ideally 3 bedroom nicely decorated place with new roof kitchen, bathroom (separate bath and shower) and large wardrobes on over 1000sqm with a 10 car garage for free hahaha. Will settle for 3 bedroom home north of tay (or otatara) with good bones (reno or roof required is ok) on large section prefer with a garage for now but if the house doesnt need much work to live in it then no garage is fine for up to $180,000 ish (trying to look at $160 ish at the mo tho just makes the budget a bit more comfy till i return to work when josh or other sibling goes to school). Gotta have easy access for a large high campervan to get to the back yard. We are pretty specific cos we dont need to rush into a place as we can stay at mum and dads but we are starting to feel like we need our own space so are relaxing a little on somethings.

There is such cool stuff they have some wall stick ons at H & Js i looked at them on sat but will wait till we get a place to pic some. I did buy the rest of the cars furniture set for josh tho its so cute so it will be stored under his cot for now.

We had a mate who asked if we were keeping it when DP told her!!! DP just replied um yeah it wasnt planned for nothing. She was his mates GF and we didnt even know her that well so why she thought if we werent keeping a baby we would want to tell her about it is beyond me but she is cool bout it now and always asking me bout him when we see her so maybe your mates will come around as well. How old are you?
Sponsored Links

shadowfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 6:46pm

We had requirements similar but in the end relaxed quite a few of those. Ended up with the 3 bedroom largish section place in not quite the area we wanted for less than 160. It's hard to find anything much good for that price in the north areas.

Baby decorations are sooooooo cute. I'm totally sold on the stickmeups. Not terribly expensive, removable and personalised.

We're trying to decide whether to tell family next weekend (would be 6 weeks, just into the new home), or on mother's day (day after housewarming party, would be 9 weeks). Your friend sounds like she was pretty insensitive, but ours are likely to be similar I think. I'm pretty young, 21 in fact. DH is 23.

Blankney94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blankney94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 10:52pm

Ohhh there's an Invercargill thread!  WRX why didn't you hunt me down and tell me hehe! 

Have a look in the photos Jan 09 babies - put an Easter photo of Brooke in there.  She's doing so well.  Must catch up one day. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blankney94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 11:18pm

Midwife recommendations for Shadow if you haven't already got one:

I had Kathy Burke-Harrington - she is really relaxed but very professional and knowledgable.

I also recommend Angela Shuttleworth - she was the teacher on our antenatal course.  She is really upbeat and positive and relaxed as well.  I've met Bernie who is her practice partner I think.  She's lovely too.

Tip - if you want aftercare in Winton (popular option) then get a midwife who has access to Winton Maternity - mine didn't. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 11:38pm

Thanks Sarah, yay, another person from down here!

I've heard good things about quite a few of the midwives down here, and some not so good things too. I'm going to talk to the doctor on wednesday about it all.

WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 8:50am
I told my mum on mothers day and i was only like 4 weeks she was soo excited.

Hey Sarah thought i messaged ya but must have got distracted and forgot oh well your here now

Most the bad things ive heard about midwifes down here are mostly people just not getting on with theirs - more personality clashes than professional issues but i only know a couple of people who have had kids.

Right im off to cluck over Brooke now - yay i love the photo threads!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blankney94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 7:28pm

Ha you prob messaged me but I've got baby brain (still!).  Glad you liked the piccy of Brooke.  So proud of her - she's doing her day naps really well again (just in the last couple of days).  Hope she still does them when DH goes back to work tomorrow!

Yeah I had no probs with my MW - would def use her again.  You have to choose carefully because this person is going to be part of your life for almost a year. 

WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 9:01pm
I still have baby brain!!! I thought it was such a scam until i got preg now i am a total baby brain believer i do the stupidest things sometimes.

We put an offer on a place we compromised on lots - section size, no bath, single garage and cant access back yard but the house is cheap compared to others we have looked at so we can afford to knock the garage down an built a bigger one out of the way. I cant wait to hear back! Problem is its only just been put on the market so hopefully the lady doesnt want to wait for more interest. Its empty so settlement date can be anytime!! Ring agent ring!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 10:01pm

Oooh, exciting. Whereabouts is it?

We told my family today (apart from my youngest brother who isn't known for his appropriate comments). I should really get on to telling my brother who lives with us

WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 9:12am
On bay rd thru harcourts subject to finance we have it!!! Yay so exciting we are just so sick of waiting that as soon as we move in the perfect cheap house is bound to come up for sale but of well.

Gotta go lots to do and sort out now please bank give us the money!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 4:15pm

Number 93 Terri? If it is, we looked at it when we first started looking.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blankney94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 8:21pm

Yay WRX - you will be close to me!  We are in West Plains.  Would be cool to have someone to go for pram walks with! 

WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 9:53pm
Yeah its 93 ive glanced at it a few times but ruled it out on section size but to be honest we just dont wanna look anymore and need our own space so we will make it work for us.

Its just round the corner from the music classes my friend takes her boy to so ill be able to walk on nice tuesdays.

Where bouts in west plains? There is an access to the floodbanks real close im hoping will be good for going walking along :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 7:57am

It's quite nice. It made it to our first shortlist anyway. Hope you like gardening

WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 9:15am
DP hates roses so has already got plans to tow them out with his van so will prolly take the lot out and put in easy care plants and bark or stones. Will stone down the side of the drive anyway to widen it. Im beggin him to let me keep some of the garden out back so i can grow veges and the tunnel house will be moved to allow for his garage so im pretty happy it should be mostly easy to care for in the end.

My uncles a paint rep (ex painter by trade) and dads a builder as well as 2 of our mates so renovating should be pretty cheap to do once we get everything at trade cost and put on a few beers and nibbles for the workers hehehe

Right gotta get ready to see the bank now that ive cleared all the bills so we are officially debt free at the moment yay!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 2:28pm

Sounds awesome!

We've got our house now which is wonderful, well, only half the doors open with the keys we have. Its gonna be a nightmare few days but worth it at the end

I sorted out a midwife as well. I couldn't pick so just asked for one and they gave me Jane Pleasance. She sounded nice on the phone. First appointment on tuesday.

WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 2:51pm
Awesome and her name makes her sound nice as well hehe so im sure she will be great.

Im so over the waiting i just wanna know if the bank will give us the loan already!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 8:41pm

I hope to hear in a few days how it's gone. I hope you can go unconditional on it. It's a lovely house

This is my last evening with online access for a little while, so be good while I'm not watching

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blankney94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 10:50pm

Hi guys - hope you get that house WRX!  Is the yard too big or too small?  I've been past that one - has a real nice garden - think you can keep it up haha!

The Waihopai floodbank doesn't go this way.  Some of our antenatal group go walking there though - must try it out one day.

BTW WRX - if that tunnelhouse is looking for a home we would be interested.  Putting my dibs in now!

WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 10:17pm
Sorry Sarah but the tunnel house helped me make up my mind about the place so its staying maybe not in that spot but it will be there somewhere

Yards to small only 630sqm so no 10 car garage and DP will be limited to the amount of cars he can have in the back yard

Shadowfeet - Good luck with the house move and when you get back online let us know how the midwife went if its after tuesday

Hows the knee coming along sweetpea?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 44>