FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHigh Risk Pregnancies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 24>
Author
liveinhope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liveinhope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 11:30am
Hey every one- (put a copy on here as not all due same month as me and needed a longer vent)

had first appt at hosptial Clinic yesterday. What a long day, 3 appts, first one 1.30 last one suppose to be 3pm- left hospital at 5.15!!! Exhausted. plus when rang parents etc, all disappointed we hadn't had scan- ( i suppose after having weekly since 6 weeks) we are due back in 3 weeks, and if all still fine will get transferred to North shore hospital care as why were we coming to Auckland hospital- dwwwww cause thats where we were told we were to go!!!
Excuse the sarcastic above am knackered got 3 hours sleep due to night mares about team leader coming back to work tomorrow and finding out about the preganacy after everyone else already knows.
Anatomy Scan in 5 weeks,+ they apparently now recommend you get the maternal serum test as well or instead of the nuchal as it is more accurate? hubby and I were happy with the NT, and now are back to being a little worried again.
Sorry about the long blurb. Just venting. HAving a I don't feel happy and pregnant day, just tired and knackered day.
Also MW said I could have MS till 16 weeks, and could i start eating crackers at night when up to toilet! as I need to put on some weight. Hmmmm. Okay I will be happier tomorrow I promise. For now I am off to do housework before I go to work at 3pm.
Angel Baby Jnr Dec 04
Angel Baby Peanut Sep 06
Angel Baby Aug 08
Sponsored Links

errii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote errii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 2:44pm
Hi liveinhope

If there is anything I have learnt from dealing with Auckland hospital is that they are hardly ever on time and are always running late and that not to make other plans to close to after your appointments.

I find it frustrating to the hole auckland hospital northshore hospital thing, I had problems over the weekend and ob said to call the womans assement unit if this happened so I did and they told me to go to northshore even though auckland has all my info and northshore told me to go to auckland very frustrating.

Hope you have a good break over the weekend.

Baby Alistair 7/1/09
CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by GingerBaby GingerBaby wrote:

I guess I can post here? My bean is high risk for Down Syndrome - only had scan at this stage, and showed 1/53 but I'm having Maternal Serum Test in a couple of weeks for further indication ratio. Not going to have amnio or CVS as we will keep baby regardless, so worried risks are too high. I'm 28, so it was a bit of a shock when we found out but staying positive.

Definitely keep positive. My risk was 1/55 and I was 26 years old. I have a beautiful baby (! she is now 3) girl who is not downs syndrome. While yes, I did elect to have the CVS, the chances of you having a normal baby are still very high!

I am picking my risk will probably be high again. Not sure why it was so high last time, (neck was 3.5mm which I know is high) - I am picking its my husbands fault (he has a fat neck) lol!

GingerBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GingerBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2009 at 8:50am
Thanks CuriousG, that is really good to know
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2009 at 8:58am

Well I guess I'm counted in this lot too (especially since all my hospital referrals are to the high risk team).

Initially I'm high risk because I have a bleeding disorder called Von Willebrans Disease which means my blood doesn't clot properly.  It is one of those odd things that rights itself during pregnancy but within hours of the birth I am at risk of bleeding out.  I need to be especially careful if my birth becomes medicalised (i.e. epidural or cs).  Also my baby a 50% chance of inheriting the gene so I cannot have a forceps or ventouse deliver because the risk to him during a "man-handled" birth is too high.

Additionally I have a low-lying placenta (which I'm hoping has now shifted, I'll find out next Monday) and I just found out I have Group B Strep.

Edited by MrsMojo
jacobsmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacobsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 11:37am
Hi everyone, think im high risk im not sure, last pregnancy which was my 1st pregnancy i came down with pregnancy diabetes at 31wks (thats when midwife did the test glucus drink thingy that i had to drink) anyways ended up on insulin injections.

Had jacob at 35wks 5days by emnercy c-section as we had a scan that day that showed he had stopped growing scan said he was 4pound something, had bub that night and they discovered his placenta was a third dead ;(
he was 5pound 1oz at birth.

im pregnant again and am under a Obsrtriction and the diabetic team am testing blood sugars and gota have that yucky drink/blood test at 16wks.
im 14wks now. Am hoping to have a VBAC .as ive never been in labour b4.
jacobsmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacobsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2009 at 11:36am
For this pregnancy ther gonna montier growth of bub and check dopplers.
shanstace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanstace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2009 at 9:20pm
Hi everyone. I sure I belong in here so here's my story. Had my first daughter at 26 weeks weighing 840gms. She is now a very healthy & strong ten year old.
In September 2008, went into labour at 23 weeks due to my placenta abrupting. Sadly my little boy did not survive.
In January 2009 I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks.
I am now 7 weeks pregnant. I am taking low dose aspirin as they think I may have formed a blod clot behind my placenta and this is what caused the abruption. I am still waiting on blood test results for any blood clotting problem.
My obstetrician has recommended that I start on Clexane injections. Has anybody else had any experience with this medication? i am thinking I am going to go ahead with it but would love to hear from somebody who has been through it.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2009 at 7:45pm
Hi Shanstace,
Kazzle is taking Clexane injections, if you PM her I'm sure she'd be happy to chat about it.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
GingerBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GingerBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2009 at 9:40am
Hi girls, I just wanted to share my good news. Got back my maternal serum results yesterday to find that our risk for Downs has gone from 1/53 to 1/8810! Completely crazy, I'm still in a state of shock but sure you'll all understand how thrilled I am. Have been crying and laughing for nearly 24 hours now, it's nuts!

So I won't be loitering in this group anymore but will keep checking back to see how you all are. Wishing you all the best with the rest of your pregnancies, and beautiful, much-loved babes at the end of it
CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2009 at 9:55am
That rocks Gingerbaby, I was thinking about you just last night! Told you that it would probably be ok - I am going to go through the same thing shortly too with the bloods. Fingers crossed for me!

errii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote errii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2009 at 6:13pm
Ginger baby glad to hear your results came back good!!

Baby Alistair 7/1/09
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2009 at 7:26pm

Glad to hear the results are great Gingerbaby.

I got good news this week too, my placenta is well and truly out of the way so now there's just the GBS and bleeding disorder.  Off to see the ob tomorrow and I have an appointment at the high risk clinic at the end of may.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liveinhope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 3:07pm
Hey guys- just home from Auckland Hospital. they may down grade us from high risk to moderate if all well in two weeks with some followup bloods and our anatomy scan, which means we can be transferred to the local hospital's obstetrician. Phew!
am still nervous though as keep waiting for somethingto go wrong. feeling like crying this afternoon, so might go curl up with a good book or a soppy movie and have a bawl- apparently helps.
Hmmmm
hope everyone elses week has improved.
Angel Baby Jnr Dec 04
Angel Baby Peanut Sep 06
Angel Baby Aug 08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liveinhope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 7:06am
hey guys scrap that last post .might not be on forum for next few weeks have had some news that may turn out to be very very bad, but am trying to stay positive, so will just keep a low profile til we know the outcome, obviously too much bragging by me yesterdayabout everything.
Angel Baby Jnr Dec 04
Angel Baby Peanut Sep 06
Angel Baby Aug 08
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 8:27am
  Hugs liveinhope.  I hope the news turns out to be an unnecessary scare rather than bad news.
errii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote errii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 4:08pm
livenhope I hope it turns out just to be a scare to, take care.

Baby Alistair 7/1/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liveinhope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 8:48am
Hey everyone just jumped on as don't want you guys to worry so much re me. Stressed myself out so much ended up with MS & migraine friday/sat- which put me in hospital. Mainly just to get some pain relief sorted. However they found I had ketones (burning fat in lieu of food) and low potassium. So ended up in Auckland from sat til last night. Woken with same headache today and hubby and I have decided that its blood pressure (which was high all weekend) He is pissed off that the hospital didn't do anything about it. So we are seeing if we can get something organised. In some ways hosp stay was good as my consultant did the rounds and told me she is not worried about the blood tests that freaked everyone on thursday- so while still no good news it sounds more postive. If bp doesn';t come right today will be back in auckland tonight yeah. NOT. thanks for all the support.
Angel Baby Jnr Dec 04
Angel Baby Peanut Sep 06
Angel Baby Aug 08
Vanillabean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanillabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 11:34am
I am high risk after having had three miscarriages last year.
On Friday I found out I am pregnant again. Unfortunately things aren't looking so good for this being a sticky baby as I have been bleeding for the last 10 days (thought it was my period at first). Anyway, I had an hcg test on Friday which was 20 and am awaiting the results of a second one today. Given all the bad signs I have had, and my history, its almost certain to be non-viable but I can't help but have a little bubble of hope in my heart.
5x mc, Jan 08, June 08, Nov 08, May 09, April 11

mylilmosaic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylilmosaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 12:11pm
Awwww Vanillabean. I really hope that its ok and this little bean stays put Are they able to test to give you some answers as to why!! I does not seem fair after three m/c's that there is not a reason and they can't just treat it. Sorry again hun as I do understand how you feel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 24>