FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHigh Risk Pregnancies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: High Risk Pregnancies
    Posted: 03 April 2009 at 8:16pm
By request, a thread for those of you with high risk pregnancies to chat.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 8:33pm
What a great idea.

I will start, my name is Kaz, i have a 3yr old daughter, i have had 4 miscarriages since 2006, the last one being jan this year.

I am currently 30wks pregnant, and i am on clexane injections once a day (i have APS) which is Antiphospholipid Syndrome

this link explains what it is http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/antiphospholipid.htm.

TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 4:02pm
all the best Kazzle
GingerBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GingerBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 8:10pm
I guess I can post here? My bean is high risk for Down Syndrome - only had scan at this stage, and showed 1/53 but I'm having Maternal Serum Test in a couple of weeks for further indication ratio. Not going to have amnio or CVS as we will keep baby regardless, so worried risks are too high. I'm 28, so it was a bit of a shock when we found out but staying positive.
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 8:23pm
I guess I fit here too....am under the high risk team at the hospital as I am pregnant with twins after 3 m/c in 18 months, plus have a fairly chequered history with endometriosis and cervical issues, along with a family history of toxaemia and gestational diabetes. These two were conceived naturally, and kept around with the aid of low dose aspirin and progesterone pessaries.

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 10:08pm
Wow!!!  I never fully appreciated how much work some people have to go through.  Best of luck to you all
liveinhope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liveinhope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 10:16am
I fit too.
Three miscarriges from 5weeks thru to 9 weeks.
Am currently 11 weeks preganant, nervous as anything, and announced to hubby last night that it doesn't feel real. I look down see my tiny bump (lost 7kg) and big boobs (gone from A to b/c) and it feels like it is happeningto someone else not me. Nuchal scan this week, fingers and toes crossed. And then off to high risk team at auckland next week. Have been under the lovely debbie since 6 weeks at Recurrent miscarriage clinic at greenlane who is a star.
Does everyone else find that they tell very few people til 12 /14 weeks when you've been thru so much. I have told only two people at work, and one of them keeps asking when I am going to spill, as she is finding it hard not too. It's just that if something went wrong, its hard to deal with your own greif and everyone elses sympathy. Callous I know but i suppose its a sself preservation mechanism.
Any way chins up tummy out ( or in as the case maybe) and try not to look green with MS.
Angel Baby Jnr Dec 04
Angel Baby Peanut Sep 06
Angel Baby Aug 08
errii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote errii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 1:30pm
I think I may fit here too

I am currently 7wks and 1day pregnant

I am a type one diabetic and my first pregnancy ended in a still birth which they can not explain at almost 28 weeks in jan. I am under the care of Auckland hospital and they are great every two weeks I have at least 4 appointments and along with all the insulin i take im also taking aspirin.

Liveinhope I under stand what you are saying about not telling other people straight away and having to deal with other peoples grief, i am exactly the same very normal to feel like that.

Baby Alistair 7/1/09
TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 1:39pm
im the opposite....i could die eachtime i get pregs...........the first time i didnt tell anyone i was pregs cause of ovarian cancer they said i couldnt concieve ........was told after birth of Ty that i wouldnt make it through the night ....proved them wrong. then with this preg we didnt tell many cause now all they do is worry and its stressing me out...............i want to think positive.................good luck with all you ladies and i hope you all post pics
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 4:02pm
I'm the opposite liveinhope - we told a few people as soon as we found out, because we wanted the support if things did go belly-up again. I'd rather that they understood why I was taking time off work, and miserable, then asking lots of questions.
sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 12:29pm
Oh my i never realised there so many of you. Good luck to you all with your pregnancys looking forward to seeing pics of healthy bouncing babes at the end of it all

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GingerBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 2:08pm
I never realised how scary a time this until being in the situation. a friend of mine had a very ill baby, and said to me when she was born "it's a wonder any baby is born 'normal'", and I now completely understand her point.

if any mums are reading these and thinking 'oh that's like what I went through', or know of someone who's been there done that please feel free to post as i know i want to hear and absorb every little experience and story that people can tell me in the hope i might learn something! you other ladies feel the same?

hope you're all well with your precious buns in ovens
Huggles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 6:44pm
i think i fit in here too. i am under the nice midwifes of Auckland Hospital too.
i have one kidney that only works 20% and the other is fine. i have chronic hypertension which has been under control since i have been pregnant. this is my second pregnancy but first child as i had a missed miscarriage. nearing the end and hoping for a very natural birth. just had a nights sleep at AHDB's hilton (teehee) last night due to very high BP. they will not let me go overdue so am trying everything to get this baby moving on down rather than getting induced!
Good luck girls!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liveinhope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 3:49pm
Hey huggles me similar, but have one normal and one thats a duplicated kidney system, normally prone to infections, stones, reflux etc, hypertenision etc. Bp just started going up (whats was in the water last night) but off to auckland clinic for first visit next week.
HAd Nt scan today ladies and all good, am finally smiling, we will start to tell wider family and friends and I suppose work in next few weeks. My work has been causing stress issues since before the pregnancy and the main culprit would have taken great joy in putting me on the sh**est shifts over the last 12 weeks if she had known, So when we tell her at least what ever cr** she puts me thru at least we are out of the first trimester. And I am being watched like a hawk by the hospital and hubby plus a very protective gp, who would love to have words with the senior nurse at my work. Go protectors!!
Angel Baby Jnr Dec 04
Angel Baby Peanut Sep 06
Angel Baby Aug 08
errii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote errii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 5:59pm
Glad to hear your scan went well livinhope, your stress at work does not sound good i hope she dosnt make things harder for you once you tell them.

I had my first scan on Monday and all went well could see a heart beat definatly felt a little bit more relaxed after that next scan in a few weeks.

Baby Alistair 7/1/09
Imogen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imogen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 4:02pm
I fit in here too. My DD had to be delivered at 27 weeks due to IUGR and Preeclampsia. She weighed in a mere 520grams, so she had stopped growing at about 23 weeks. I have just found out that I am pregnant again after what felt like forever TTC. We have everything crossed that we wont have to go thru all of same drama again but I am also going to prepare myself just in case. I will have to be put on asprin and calcium at 8 weeks and will be followed by the high risk team a NWH Auckland as well as my own midwife......so YAY lots of apppintments for me but I really dont mind as long as I can hold on to this bubba a bit longer.
Proud mummy to two beautiful little girls and a precious little boy <3
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by GingerBaby GingerBaby wrote:

if any mums are reading these and thinking 'oh that's like what I went through', or know of someone who's been there done that please feel free to post as i know i want to hear and absorb every little experience and story that people can tell me in the hope i might learn something! you other ladies feel the same?

I had a moderately high risk pregnancy with the gremlins - they were mono-di twins so at risk for TTTS, conceived 6 weeks after a m/c and after a reasonably long period of TTC.

I had what felt like the most stressful pregnancy ever and even right up until the night they were born I was convinced I would lose one or both babies. I had a labour scare at 26 weeks, irritable uterus from 30 weeks with contractions every few mins and my OB thought I'd be lucky to see 36 weeks. Oh and at one point it looked like Twin 2 had stopped growing ? TTTS. Turned out she was just lying funny. Twin 1 had a dilated kidney picked up on a growth scan at 33 weeks which turned out to be Grade V urinary reflux with an obstructive ureterocele which required surgery when she was 8 weeks (you kidney ladies might be able to relate ).

We were induced at 36 weeks coz I was starting to crack under the anxiety of the pregnancy, and both babies flew out 3 minutes apart in a brilliant, textbook vaginal delivery. We had an OB, 2 midwives and a paed there so it was a somewhat crowded delivery, but all went well.

So that's my high risk story. The girls did have a few continued health issues after they were born but are now (mostly) healthy 2 1/2 year olds and I've since had a perfectly normal, low risk singleton pregnancy.

I hope that helps somehow?

Oh and for the kidney/diabetes people - I have a close friend who has severe Type 1 diabetes and was told not to get pregnant as it would make her diabetes too unstable. She ignored them and got preg, was hospitalised at 14 weeks and her son was delivered at 28 weeks as her kidneys were failing. She ended up having a kidney transplant 2 years later, her son is now 20 and she's had relatively few problems since.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liveinhope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 3:37pm
Not to scare people, and don't feel jealous- my sister in law (same age as me) with diabetes since childhood has two darling children, first one she found out at 5months second at 3 months, flew thru preg delivered at NWh, slightly small babies thats all. NO MS. makes you green with envy, but just proves there are those out there with chronic health issues who can and do have normal pregnancy.
Angel Baby Jnr Dec 04
Angel Baby Peanut Sep 06
Angel Baby Aug 08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GingerBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 1:22pm
Thanks for your stories Maya and Rachel, my little sister is Type 1 Diabetes and only young so won't have thought about having babies and I don't know if she's aware of the implications. Sooooooo good to know that she can though, that it does happen
errii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote errii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 8:26pm
If your a well controlled diabetic technically the risks are only slightly higher than a non diabetic its when you are out of control that theres a problem, It just means extra monitering of the mum and bubs and lots of changes with insilin. So far all of the complications I have had have not been coused by the diabeties fingers crossed not to have any of those complications.

Baby Alistair 7/1/09
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>