FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOverweight and Pregnant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2009 at 9:54pm
Yea KA I was the same, everyone in the due in thread got to hear it at least 3-4 weeks before me I finally heard it around 19 weeks.

Sponsored Links

Imogen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imogen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 8:55am
I will have to put my hand up for this thread.
Pre pregnancy I was wearing size 14/16 but weighed in at around 99kgs . At the moment I am sitting at around 93kgs so about 6kgs under my pre pregnancy weight. I have stayed the same since about 11-12 weeks. Obviously MS helped me get down to 93kgs.

I dont have to weigh myself when I see my MW but I do like to keep an eye on it. Got to hear the heartbeat at 11 weeks.

I am hoping that once I have had this bubs I will be able to get down to around 70-75kgs.......will be the lightest I have been for years
Proud mummy to two beautiful little girls and a precious little boy <3
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 9:02am
bex oh i thought you said 14 weeks when i read it one other time...man it sucks eh.. like everyone else getting Xmas and you have to wait till feb:) hehe hope your ms has got better?

hi Imogen:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
Imogen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imogen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 11:56am
hehe hi
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 12:09pm
Lol KA, I just went searching through the Feb thread to check and I did say 14th week! Will have to blame that one on the preggy brain haha!! It was definitely 19 weeks coz it was my 2nd visit and my first was in my 14th week lol.

Hi Imogen *waves*

Too bad you don't live close to me Imogen we coulda gone walking with the babes once they were born coz thats about what I would like to get down to aswell. We will have to encourage each other over the net or something

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 1:03pm
i need a walking buddy too!:)

glad I wasnt just going crazy!:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 1:31pm
Ooo I need a walking buddy too.   

I have put on too much weight this time and am slightly heavier than I was with Sam at 28 weeks but I am hoping not too put on too much more before 40 weeks.    Having very little morning sickness contributed to that! All I wanted to do was eat and have steadily put on weight since I became pregnant.   My midwife is pretty good though, I weigh myself while I'm there and she just writes it down and never says anything which is good.

I lost nearly 25KG in the year after I had Sam and have put it all back on.    I am still fitting into a size 16 though so I guess it's not too bad.   I am hoping I will lose it easily afterwards too.   My mum is a sureslim consultant so I will get her to write me up a plan once the baby is born.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 1:44pm
well that is helpful renee knowing someone who is a consultant.. is it good stuff?
Mum to two amazing boys!
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 2:03pm
Bugger us all being at different places in the country!! Coulda had a good walking group otherwise!!

Sureslim is supposed to be quite good aye, yay for you mum being a consultant, I'd like to go with someone like that but the money puts me off, especially if its not gunna work for me IYKWIM?

Imogen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imogen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 2:54pm
Looks like we are all over the country LOL. Went for a walk this morning to take DD up to the park....man am I paying for it now!!

Im sure we will be able to encourage each other on here
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 6:23pm
Sureslim is really good and so effective. A lot of my mums clients have other health issues and have been referred to them by their doctor so can't do a lot of exercise or need to start exercising slowly, so the food side of things is really really effective without necessarily needing the exercise part to start with.

It's all food, no pills or shakes or meal supplements.

I did it after I had Sam and I lost a lot of weight on it and I didn't feel hungry either.

Their programmes are personalised though based on blood tests, health issues, height and weight which is why it's so expensive..

But.. my mum made me a 'generic' plan that basically follows everything that most people have on their plans.

I don't want to say too much cause I don't want to get my mum into trouble, just incase someone is lurking and sees it.

I'll have a hunt around for the printout she gave me though.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 6:59pm
imogen yeah walking is good for me but not fun atm!! :)

cool thanks renee I just wondered if it worked as i always see those ads on tv:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 7:31pm
I was overweight when i got pregnant, but i had weird body proportions, i was a size 16 in pants but a size 12-14 in top. My tummy has always been smaller then my legs.

I didnt have any problems while i was pregnant, my MW never even mentioned that i could have any problems. And she never weighed me. She checked for gestational diabetes at the same time as the other ladies on my Due in forum got theirs.

Rory was only 8lb 3oz so pretty average.

I didnt do any excercise during my pregnancy either and after my morning sickness stopped i ate like a pig, only craved sweet stuff. I went up 2 dress sizes during my pregnancy too.

Sorry havent read the other posts, just thought i would add in my experience hehe
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 8:28pm
My mw tried to hear heartbeat at 12 weeks but said that its not uncommon for them not to be heard as they are still so tiny. I had heard the heartbeat at my emergency scan at 10 weeks so I was ok with that. We heard it at the nuchal scan too. I heard it with the mw for the first time at 14 weeks. I hold most of my weight on my tummy too so pooh to that!

DH didnt feel Jake kick until about 24 weeks but that was because my placenta was anterior.at 32 weeks he felt him best at the top of my bump when Jake was rolling. My mw and sonographer had trouble feeling/seeing him because he was hiding right behind the placenta. Cheeky monkey.

Am weighing in on Friday night, am a bit scared. FX I am below 87kgs (my last weigh about 5 weeks ago).

HoneybunsMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 9:53pm

Yip I had an anterior placenta and poor DP didn't feel much. Heck I didn't feel much ftill 20+ weeks.

DP had his hand on my stomach one night and thought it was the pulse in his hand it was that small lol Then we didn't feel kicks as such we felt her wriggling around lil monkey

tarns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 11:19am
Yep my hand is up too

Not only am I overweight but was 35 when I conceived but I had a really easy pregnancy and a quick delivery. Nathan was 7lb10 and I was ecstatic cause his daddy is 6'5 and a big guy and I kept getting teased that they would have to put the calving chains on me to get my bubba out (farming talk sorry)

I always thought that being bigger to start with I would be the size of a house if/when I got pregnant but to my surprise I wasnt Now TTC #2 and 37 and yep still overweight
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 12:44pm
welcome everyone:)

got to hear the heartbeat as i bought a doppler(I swore i never would but i did) :) and then found it easy (well student did) at appt the other day and he/she kicked the doppler....cute:)

I'm feeling way more this time so hoping Dh can feel him earlier..he couldn't care less last time but is really into it this time!:)

I'm not doing Gd earlier either this time last time was just cause of a study and it wasn't overweight people just people with higher sugar..this time normal so waiting till 28 weeks but i do have to go straight to 3 hour one.

bex- omg you are so much further than me:) are you still sick?
Mum to two amazing boys!
rorylex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rorylex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 5:14pm
hi there
i too am over weight I was a size 12 when i was pregnant with my 1st son 5yrs ago was a small size 14 when i had him, then i had ds2 13mths after ds1 that was the worst preg weight wise I was a small size16 when i had him, i had ds3 23mths later and he got me just passed the 90 mark. i gained alot of weight after i had him and also managed to loose those 10kgs in the 1st 20wks of this preg so a month ago i was 93kgs.
iv never had any problems at all in these 4 pregnancies so far all 3births have been very straight forwards with out any complications.

i find my biggest issue is chocolate if i dont eat it the weight drops off, if i eat it it goes right back on. need to stop eating chocolate again.
Mummy to 4 boys
Samuel - 18.6.05
Rory - 15.7.06
Mason - 13.06.08
Emmett - 24.01.10
Baby #5 - cooking
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 9:55pm
Welcome to everyone from me too lol!

Had a midwife appointment yesterday and she is happy with how everything is going, didn't even ask about my weight so yay for that!! She recommended doing a stretch class at the hospital, anyone got any idea what that is?

KA, I am still getting morning sickness there seems to kinda be a pattern to it that I am seedy Mon/Tues/Weds and generally throw up Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun and unfortunately thats a pain coz I work Thurs/Fri/Sat.

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 2:51pm
I am too scared to weigh myself. I have been so bad with exercise this week too, I feel ginormous LOL.

So exciting all you preggy ladies, I want to be preggy again *stamps foot with impatience*

glad you have heard bubs hb KA, so happy for you chicka.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>