FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOverweight and Pregnant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 1:05pm
I'm not sure I can get in on the walking just yet either, If I walk to much I end up with the absolute sorest lower back/bum... sooooo painful

I'm sitting at about 102-103 now, weighed myself before getting pregnant and I was about 104.5 so I'm quite happy about that, Am still worried that I will put on some weight now that I am in my last trimester but we will see.

Dal, I just got my fingers crossed for your BFP hun, don't stress about the weight side of it!!

BIG = BEAUTIFUL hehehehe

Sponsored Links

shadowfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 1:35pm

At the moment I'm sitting about 1kg below my pre-pregnancy weight. I haven't changed what I've been eating much at all. I wonder what my weight will do once I see the dietician and reduce my sugar intake. I've developed GD and am due to see the dietician soon.

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by BooBoo BooBoo wrote:

Oooo fingers crossed then for me 4eyes! Hope so.

Funny thing is though - I eat crap and dont really think about the weight going on - well I do but it doesnt stop me from eating it!

hehe i am totally the same:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 1:37pm
shadow:( to the GD.....it will prob change a lot as weird things like bread have sugar..

last pregnancy i hardly craved anything..this time so random like fish..i hate fish:) hehe..
Mum to two amazing boys!
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 2:01pm
i craved milk, I hate milk.

suns out and jake is refusing to sleep... a walk may just happen today after all!

Edited by melnel

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 2:08pm
melnel yeah i used to do that..:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
IVFGirl1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IVFGirl1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 4:18pm
Wow you girls are doing so well with being UNDER your start weights! Maybe there is hope for me! Lol.

Bex thanks hun x
TTC 6 years
IVF it is
IVF/ICSI round one
10 eggs, 8 mature, 3 fertilised BFN
IVF/ICSI #2 = 22 eggs!
20 mature, 15 fertilised, 1 fresh transfer and 2 frosties
BFN
2 Frosties still in freezer thank god
Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 5:37pm
Hi all... I really need to join your group!!

I am so happy that I'm pregnant but I'm very concerned and actually embarrassed too. Plus a bit scared!

This might sound dumb but I have mixed feelings about visiting a MW for the first time. In fact I haven't even got one yet because I am so worried I will get one that is awful about my weight. I am also very worried about what happens during the visits. I really hate my tummy and I don't want anyone to touch or even look at it. I'm blindly hoping that they mostly just chat about what's happening.

From your experiences, do you get a lot of tummy touching?? Ok, I feel so stupid now!!! lol.

Edited by Pinkybar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 8:13pm
You will have your tummy touched hun. They need to touch it to do the scans Plus the will want to check your uterus is growing nicely at each checkup. When you get to about 28 weeks they will measure your bump (when you are lying down) to see how you are tracking along. It should roughly measure 1cm for each week of pg (ie if you are 35 weeks it should measure 35cm).

Just remember that they are medical professionals that will be looking at your girly bits (and sticking their hand up there!) they are not really worried about your tum!

I hate my tummy too, I cringed everytime I saw the wobble under my bump and I wish I had one of those nice firm bumps that skinny girls get but heh, I have my gorgeous boy and you are not pregnant for ever!.

You really should get onto a mw quick smart as there seems to be a national shortage and they book up fast (you will probably find some are already booked up) and if they make you feel bad about your weight find a new one I say.

Congrats on your pregnancy hun.

On a side note, I did get out for that walk and am feeling fab! Thank goodness Jake slept finally.

shadowfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 10:03pm

Pinky, my MW has been great about my weight, and it's certainly not a pretty figure.

Lol to the cravings. I craved milk and I was previously intolerant to it. The sweet cravings have been terrible so far, I'm not wanting to know what'll happen there.

Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 10:08pm
Thanks so much for the pep-talk melnel. I really didn't know what to expect.
I do feel a bit better now - still nervous but definately excited about getting the baby at the end of it all.

I think I will try for a walk tomorrow. It will be the first one in, well a very long time!!

Edited by Pinkybar
Pinkybar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkybar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 10:13pm
shadowfeet I'm really pleased to hear your MW has been great. I have my fingers crossed i will also get a good one!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 10:04pm
No probs hun, just noticed you are in lower hutt... I would be ringing MW NOW!!! The shortage down there seems to be the worse in the whole country.

Got out for another walk today, feeling very good about that.

I so hope I will be joining you ladies properly soon

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2010 at 12:43pm
bumpity bump..

I am obese with a BMI of 39, MW said anything above 35 is considered at risk.

I'm only 7 weeks so early days to see how it will all go.

For those that have now had your babies how did it go?

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2010 at 3:20pm
hey hun! Congrats on your BFP

My pregnancy was rough, but I couldn't tell you whether that was due to me being overweight or just what my pregnancies are like. I had numerous issues but none of the really bad ones like I was perfectly fine for GD and my blood pressure was great up until just before my due date bit I believe that was due to family pressure to have the baby before they all went away because as soon as they did it went back to normal.

I had morning sickness the whole way through my pregnancy, and ended up with sciatic nerve pain aswell as really bad pelvic pain where I couldn't walk for very long at all without ending up hobbling. Again can't say whether these are to do with my weight or not. I think the pain ones possibly did though. I pretty much got every pregnancy symptom you can think of but I tell ya what, my babe is only 10 weeks old and already I am thinking of number 2 though I would like to get slimmer and fitter first to see if I have a better pregnancy.

Good luck hope some of that helps though I'm not sure it will!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2010 at 3:49pm
Thanks I've no ms to speak of as yet.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2010 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by caliandjack caliandjack wrote:

bumpity bump..

I am obese with a BMI of 39, MW said anything above 35 is considered at risk.

I'm only 7 weeks so early days to see how it will all go.

For those that have now had your babies how did it go?

Obese eh? My BMI is 44 (137kg, size 26, 178cm tall), so that must make me morbidly obese haha! Big congrats on your BFP, sticky thoughts coming your way :D no health problems here at all apart from my clicky hip giving me grief. Was the same last time round - no problems with ANYTHING. Keep positive, keep moving and dont eat too many pies ;) you'll be fine :D
Alex, Thomas and Lily

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2010 at 4:25pm
Thanks MissAngel - yeah BMI is 40, I'm 158 cm tall and 99 kgs, to get below BMI of 35 I'd have to lose 10 kgs, I've been overweight for the last 10 years always had weight problems.

So yeah be interesting to see how I go, medically apart from my BMI I'm healthy BP is excellent, everything else is good too.

Will def keep exercising, got to teach Dh how to swim.

[/url]

Angel June 2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2010 at 6:51pm
I didnt really have any complications (other than it being harder to get into my pelvis during my section .. according to my notes).....

Pre Preg weight with jake was 81kg and at his birth I was 96kg... (165cm)

Pre Preg weight with this preg was 86.9kg.... so I am too obese, its such an ugly word!

MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2010 at 7:31pm
I reckon that whole BMI thing is crap anyway. Made to make people think they're obese when they're infact not. Way to give the old self esteem a kick in the you know whats.
Alex, Thomas and Lily
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>