FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBaby names???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby names???
    Posted: 22 May 2009 at 5:24pm
Sorry but I'm fascinated by names lol. But I always feel rude asking pregnant women if they have thought of any. I know I got sooooo sick of people asking that and many other similar questions over and over....... and over while pregnant.

So just thought I'd ask it as a general question to anyone that feels like sharing.

Have you though of a name for your impending arrival?

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
Sponsored Links

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 6:21pm

This baby has been named since about 4 wks.  We both 'felt' we were having a boy and decided to name him Andrew Robert.  We did play around with a few other names but none of them were right.  We did consider adding another middle name because our surname starts with S and a few people have suggested that A.R.S. spells a naughty word (those people evidently can't spell) we've decided to ignore them, how many people actually go by their full names anyway?!

Michaela, was named by the time we had our 20 wk scan, I 'felt' I was carrying and sure enough the scan confirmed it. 

Just as well we were right both times because we had real trouble settling on names for the opposite sex.

Edited by MrsMojo
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 7:15pm
I had a girls and boys name about 5+yrs before we even TTC!! Jack has that boys name - Jack Antony Ferdinand - one middle name from each side of the family.

This time I have had my boys name for quite some time, not sure when exactly but very early on in the pg - Ben Andrew Parker - again a middle name from each side. I am stuck on the girls name. I have kept the 2 middle names I came up with all those years ago - ...... Jane Lorna - but I have changed my mind about the first name. Had settled on Bella but Bro and SIL had a little girl a week ago and named her Ella so it's back to the drawing board.

DH doesn't have much to say on names unless he doesn't like them so it pretty much comes down to me!
Lindsey

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 7:16pm
murphys law has always played a part in naming our kids - we have only had girls names for our first 2 so of course they were boys! (Bay was Madison and Astin was Lily).

This time we only have a boys name...even though so far no middle name but if he is a he then he will be "DREW"

DH and I both like KARMA for a girl but my mum is trying as hard as she can to put us off! "Amber - Karma is a bitch remember!"
NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 8:28pm
I have thought of only one name althought havent thought of a middle name.

ironically when I was pregnant with Megan that was the only name that stood out for me..I mean there are a few names I like but none that stood out for me....and what do you know we had a girl

RinTinTin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RinTinTin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 9:31pm
Well my girl names are either:

Franchezka Rose Lewis (Frankie for short) OR
Victoria Rose Lewis (Tori for short)
I have thought that if I can't choose between the two then I'll use both names, making it Franchezka Victoria-Rose Lewis.
Rose is the Lewis family middle name.

Boy name...well I only got one. Ryleigh Brian Lewis. Brian is my family middle name.

caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 10:27pm
I had a gazillion names for Caitlyn , all boys names , and two girls names , Emily and Cherise (and Ocean for a boy , go figure ) then when the scan confirmed she had a hamburger neither of those names felt right , so I flicked through a baby name book and it landed on that
(I say landed, it was the 3rd try ) but when she was born , to me she looked exactly like a Caitlyn .

This time , ive had DH to consider as well, I like heaps of boys names, but he liked 3 that I liked , Ryan , Tyler and Benjamin .
We chose Tyler because my grandfather's name was Brian but everyone called him Brin , and I wanted that as the middle name , and Tyler went best with it .
Now Tyler has grown on me .

If we have a girl after this one , ive always loved Amelia, so Amelia she will most likely be .
boy....I don't know, I like Ryan Luka ...

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 8:55am
In about another couple of years we want our third and final baby and I've already started thinking of names hehe. If its a boy I want to name him Rex after my Dad (although Jess HATES the name ) and if its a girl I quite like Maggie May (I know it sounds kinda hill billy lol) I also saw someone in another thread with a wee girl called Lilith which is such a gorgeous name! But Esme's middle name is Lily so it's a little too close

Sadly however I don't get much say next round as I picked both Hazel and Esmes first names I do get to pick the next middle name though.

MC April 2010
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 10:17am
Originally posted by caitlynsmygirl caitlynsmygirl wrote:

I like Ryan Luka ...

SNAP! i had chosen that name this time - Ryan Luka but just like you said Lisa RE lily/lilith - Astins middle name is Luke so Luka wouldnt really work and so far have decided Drew rather than Ryan.

I asked DH last night if hes still keen on Karma (he often changes his mind) and he said yes definately!!! so maybe she will be Karma ......my mum is going to throw a hissy!!! lol

anyone else have a rely that was so against your name choice???? (sorry threadjack!)
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 11:36am
Right from the start I knew Sam was a boy and I wanted to name him Lee after my dad. (My mums middle name is Lee and so is my brothers) I even told my dad that I was going to name him Lee and he was SO excited.

Then over the course of my pregnancy Sams dads family completely railroaded me and being young and stupid and not having the balls to stand up for myself I gave in and Lee became his middle name.   I do like the name Sam and it does come from a character in a Terry Pratchett book called Samuel Vimes, who around the time I was pregnant was in one of his new novels where he called his new son Sam too, so we both liked the name.

He really does suit his name so I am happy with how it turned out.

This baby has already been named (loosely), we might change our mind.

But if it's a girl her name will be Olivia Fern (Fern is DPs mums middle name)

And if it's a boy he will be Jamie Gray (Gray is DPs middle name and James is my great-grandfathers name)

I am happy with the names but who knows how I will feel later down the track.
pebblegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pebblegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by BaileyandAstin BaileyandAstin wrote:

I asked DH last night if hes still keen on Karma (he often changes his mind) and he said yes definately!!! so maybe she will be Karma ......my mum is going to throw a hissy!!! lol

I went to uni with a woman named Karma and she is lovely, so I think it is a great name
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 12:20pm
thanks pebblegirl im glad someone likes it! lol im just merely trying to ignor family and friends who turn their noses up at it!!

my sisters good friend has an almost 3yr old called Kharma and shes gorgous!!! her older brother is in Bays class too
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 2:40pm
If we have a boy he'll be named James - I had a list of about 5 boys names and Dh suggested it and I like it too - we want traditional english names for our bubs.

If we have a girl she'll be Catherine Sheryl - Catherine cause its traditional but not too popular and Sheryl after my late mum.

I have come up with additional names in case we end up have two of the same gender - for a boy I like Alexander and for a girl I'm liking Amanda - reading too much Diana Gabaldon me thinks.

lisa85 I like Maggie May but then I'm a Rod Stewart fan and its his song that springs to mind when I hear that name.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Mamma2N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mamma2N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 2:52pm
I the name Karma! Its lovely

Not that I'm expecting another baby anytime soon, but thought I'd jump in here. We had decided a name for boy & girl in our first trimester. I was so positive that we were having a boy and we had settled on the name Cosimo. DH is from Florence, Italy and Cosimo is an old name from that area and Cosimo de Medici was one of the men that basically ran Florence a few hundred years ago. We both love the name and the history behind it. My family hated it! They all repeatedly said our baby would be mocked and everyone would refer to him as Quasimoto!

Well, turns out we had a girl anyway and her name is Novella Kowhai. Novella is another Florentine name and also part of the name of the first great church in Florence called 'Santa Maria Novella' which I fell in love with. Kowhai is my best friends middle name.

Anyway, if we have a boy next he will be called Cosimo - by that time we will be living in Italy anyway and over there, there won't be any 'Notre Dame' jokes!
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 3:37pm
BaileyandAstin we had so many people tell us Esme was an awful name and that we were horrible to give our girls such old nana names but we love them and to me thats all that matters. I love old fashion names!

Anna_banna I love Cosimo! Very funky name

MC April 2010
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 5:25pm
Lisa we love the old names that arnt too common as well and Esme was actually on our short list but our last name is Erdbeer so Esme Erdbeer sounded like too much of a mouth full of E's

Anna i love the traditional Italian names!!!! my dad is half italian (other half moari) and i just have a thing for those names
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 9:08pm
We are having a girl this time, and she will be called Ava. I've loved that name for years, and it was always a thing I mentioned to DH before we were even married that a girl would be Ava. Middle names are hard though, I want Rae (family name) but don't want 'Ava Rae' so need a middle name in between.

Basically I have most of the say as Jack is Jackson Daniel (we wanted Jack but he had to have his fathers middle name (family tradition) and wasn't going to have Jack Daniel lol) and that was chosen by DH. This time around I will shortlist things and we will either choose together or if he's not around I will choose on my own.
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 9:17pm
hehe , I knew a girl called Karma when I was at Bethany , she had her baby at 24 weeks, then took off and abandoned her in hospital ..however, I do remember she , Karma, was gorgeous, like stunning gorgeous .

Renee, I love the name Olivia, I think thats such a pretty name

haha Emz, so you didn't like the crowd favourite Ava Elizabeth?

I like names that aren't too modern , but not too old fashioned

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 9:53pm
I like the name Olivia too.. shame Dh's cousin who we know quite well is Oliver.

Kelly I like Ava Elizabeth but Elizabeth is my uncle's ex-wife's name and she's a bit of a sore point with the family so it wouldn't go down well!

Dh has a friend called Karma and she is the loveliest person you could meet. I definitely don't associate that name negatively, everytime I think about the name Karma I think of her and how 'serene' she seems to be in life. (Yes she's a bit of a 'free spirit' though).
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 11:07pm
Nana and Poppa names are coming back into fashion.

I know a little boy names Archie and he really suits the name.
There are a lot of Harry's around too.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>