FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBaby names???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Chickaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 4:32pm
I think we definately have the boys name - cause its the only one we can think of and so probably that and its my mothers maiden name and Dh grandmothers maiden name so family like (sorry not too ready to share right now)

As for girls I have a name i love then some one oh i know someone called that and she is so dumb!! But I still want it and DH likes it too.

I had Cady for Rhyley last time if he was a girl but went off that so not recycling it. ialso loved Ruby and guess wot DH didn't LOL...

I think cause I am definately finding out what this baby is 100% (anmio) I will wait till then to totally start deciding. With my last 2 the names for them werre decided and agreed on before now...

Anouska do you think its harder the more kids you have as you use the 'I love' names first?! I don't know how people decide when they have like 10 kids. lOL

Sponsored Links

my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 9:24pm
Yes Ann, it's definitely harder when you have more kids to find a name you both agree on.  When I was pg with Rico, we had a name for each sex, and the same when pg with Gia.  Although when pg with Jett we came up with a name for each sex early on actually.  But it's definltely trickier this time, trying to find another boy's name.  So that's why I'm trying not to stress about it til we actually know the sex, then we can knuckle down and work one out if it's a boy.  Mine and dh's taste is a little different, he wants a maori name it's a boy (we have maori middle names for Rico and Jett already).  I'm happy to keep that tradition going, instead of having a it for a first name.  Gah if only he'd agree to the name I want, it would be so much easier!
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

fallen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 10:31pm
The way I seem to decide on names is to go though books and list all the names I quite like, certain names seem to stand out. Then see which names seem to keep coming back to me. Either hearing or seeing them in random places or coming to me in thoughts. I know I'm a bit weird. LOL

DF wants to tell others the possible choices for this bub, but I want him to keep it between us until baby is born then we can tell everyone what his name is. I think its our decision, and get a bit cross hearing other people's opinions (especially negative ones).

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2009 at 9:39am
Man i have had my head in the clouds since Jake was born.. congrats Chickaboo and Italiah on babies number 4 and due on the same day LOL!

I cant wait until DH and I actually have another baby to argue about naming again.

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2009 at 10:54am
sheena im very curious about your choice now

Italiah what are your name choices??

well it seems that when you have trouble choosing a certain genders name - that will be the gender you have! lol

We had chosen a boys name a while back! (DREW) then DH changed his mind, we quickly replaced it though (CADE) ....

I think it was only a few weeks before birth that i put the girls name to Dh and he said that he really liked it!! and he wanted her to have my middle name!! ...well she popped out a girl so KARMA MAREE she is and i feel really happy with it everytime i say it or hear it
Chickaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2009 at 2:58pm
Thanks melnel- and yeah it seems quite funny we are due on the same day and having #4 but its cool!

hehe I think ihave a girls name but not too sure (cause of the comment my friend made) and as anouska said we will get fully focused on the name once we find out what we are having.

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2009 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by BaileyandAstin BaileyandAstin wrote:

well it seems that when you have trouble choosing a certain genders name - that will be the gender you have! lol

Or if you only have one name picked out at all thats what you will have.

We only had one name we liked... Jake. Thank goodness he was a boy!

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2009 at 7:00pm
we could only find girls name for my first 2 and they turned out boys and this time only a boys name and hello girl! lol. Murphys law! lol
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2009 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Italiah Italiah wrote:

gah we both don't each other's suggestions for boys names.  So for that fact, I am hoping this baby is a girl, as we have about 3 girls names, and I would have either of them so that's easy.  Dh has about 5 boys names he'd have in an instant, I don't like any of them.  It's stressing me out a little, yet I have 30 weeks to go so plenty of time to hopefully decide on something.

Any suggestions for boys names is welcome!

And sheena, that's not like you to not share your chosen name.

hehe, yeah I know At this stage we are keeping it to ourselves, only a few people know it. I want to make sure we dont change our minds again.

Edited by Sheza

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 1:46pm

I know, I laugh everytime I think about how Ann and I are due the same day!!  Last year I was questioning whether or not I wanted another baby, while Ann was definitely going to have #4, then we end up getting pg the same month!  The interesting bit will be.... who will pop first??  Ann, do your baby tends to come early, on time, or late??

Amber, our girls names are Eva, or Ava.  Very similar and I love them both so think we'll definitely decide on which one (if it turns out to be a girl) when she's born.  The boy's name I love, and have since I was pg with Gia, is Luca.  Dh has always said no to it though, never liked it.  He has a mate called Luke, who isn't much of a mate at all, and Dh thinks he'll think we've named our child after him. 

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 2:25pm
I cant wait for name arguments for baby #2

If its a boy we're pretty set on Luca Declan (always have been). Other choices would be Lucian, Gabriel or Sebastian.

For girls we argue a LOT. I love Amelia, Sophia, Callia or Faye (with Cara/Hope as a second name).
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 4:27pm
awsome names Anoushka! we had Ava on our list but quickly took it off bcos both DH and i are A.E and then we went and named Astin so another A.E! I also liked Luka Bella for a girl for Astin but couldnt recycle it seen as Astins middle name is Luke! lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 6:20pm

I have a cousin, Amber, who used Samuel as her first son's middle name, then when her second son came along a few years down the track, she called him Samuel cos she still loved the name so much.  Also her middle name is Lee, and she's used Lee for her 3 daughters middle names, which I think is cool.  So to me, you using Luka for a girl, when Astin has Luke as his middle name, wouldn't faze me.  I know so many people who like the name Luca, but haven't been able to use it for different reasons, which keeps the name quite unique and I love that.

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 7:01pm

I am not pregnant and will never be again. But when pregnant with Andrew we didn't know what he was but sure he was a boy. Even still I was determined to have Holly if he was a girl as Holly was my "fake" name at work. But he came out and then we had to choose a name. After over a hour (he was born at 1am), we had decided on Andrew and he is so an Andrew and suits it and I love it how he is the only Andrew around his age. His middle name is my fathers middle name (a family name too I think) John. Our Australian family told us after the great Andrew Johns!!!

Josh I knew was a born from about 11 weeks and DH had a number of boys names he wanted (and I did like them), but I wanted Josh and was determined to get it. He came out and DH tried all the names he had and he just wasn't any of them so I tried Josh and that was it. Josh has one of DH's middle names Gareth.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Chickaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 9:25pm
anouska - Dunno if I am a on time or late labour - Josh I was in labour on his due date (he came 2 days later) and Brooke was 5 days late - rhyley was a ceasar so he was a week early - How about you?

If Josh was a girl he was going to be a Larissa jean(although that could of changed quite easily) and if Brooke was a boy she was going to be Brodie Fox (fox was her dads idea from X files - Fox Mulder) and already said if Rhyley was a girl he would of been called Cady.

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2009 at 10:18pm
anoushka, sounds like Kimora lee Simons - called her daughters Ming Lee and Aioki Lee, i thought that was cute!

We had so much trouble finding first names that when it came to seconds names we were like "yeah thatl do" lol hence Karma having my middle name and she wouldv had DHs first name as a second name had she been a boy.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 9:39am

Ann, Rico and Gia were a week early according to the scans, and Jett came on his due date.  I knew the day we conceive Jett, which gave us his due date and the scan agreed and I went into labour at midnight on his due date!

Amber, Rico has Dh's middle names, and Gia has my middle name.  Jett has a random maori name, and my brother's name, for his middle names.

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 8:49pm
i like having a unique (as in not named after someone) first name and a second/third name after someone Bay has my late grandfather (duncan) and DHs fathers name (Wayne) and Astin has DHs mates middle name (didnt like his first name! lol) he is also the boys godfather.
Andriea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andriea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2009 at 6:23pm
It def does get harder to come up with names when you have a large family. We are pregnant with our 6th baby (and last) and just cant think of anything that we really love yet for a boy or girl. Its also harder cause all of our children have a first name then to middle names..the thinking continues..................
julz85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julz85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2009 at 7:07pm
Im due 12th july with a wee girl (my first baby). Iv made the desision of Amelia (millie for short) but im stuck for middle names. I cant decide between Amelia Jayne or Amelia Rose-Marie. Arghhhhh i guess il know when she is here. Its such a hard decision. Shel be stuck with what i choose forever lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>