FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBaby names???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 2:16pm
If you are stuck for a middle name, you could use a family name =)
My DS has 2. A family one and the name that I wanted for his first name that DH hated lol

Sponsored Links

Smurfling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smurfling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 2:39pm
We are (at this stage at least) calling our daughter Kaia Sally Elizabeth Powell. Sally is my Mum and she has been referring to the baby as "S.J" (Sally Junior) since we first found out I was pregnant so I have given in to her and will have Sally in there I really didnt want it as a first name though, not really my (or my husband's) sort of taste. Elizabeth is my Nana and I really wanted to include her name as well. I know having both middle names makes it a little bit long but since both the first and last names are single syllable I dont think it sounds too bad

Proud Mummy of Kaia (age 6), Ridley (age 5), and Charlie (age 14months).
Bexee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 2:56pm
I think we'd settled on Addison Jean for a girl (Jean being my nana's middle name) or Luciana Paige.

Anyhow we're having a boy and his middle names are sorted - Michael Ross. Michael was my dad's name and Ross is DH's grandmother's maiden name which has been handed down through the boys.... I think we're tossing up between Alex and Liam for a first name although it seems to be leaning towards Alex at the moment as it's a family name on both sides of DH's family and I've always liked it.
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 10:24am
We've only been able to agree on Grear for a girls name lol I like names that are abit different and DP thinks they're awful we're both really hoping for a girl this time round so hoping that since Grear leapt out at both of us straight away its a sign! We had a middle name that we loved but we've both forgotten it lmao clever ae?!!
Jakes name was originally Jakob Masa but I'd really really wanted my dads name as his middle name. Jakes bio dad said no and named him after HIS dad but now we're not together his parents have disowned Jake. Since we're changing his surname to DPs I'v decided to change his middle name too so now hes Jakob Angus my dad adores Jake and they have an awesome relationship and hes so stoked about the name change
sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 10:31am
Arrrgh, naming babies can be so hard!! DH won't even have any discussions about names until he knows what sex it is (I refused to find out & he got sulky ).

I'm thinking either Margaret or Edward for a middle name after my mother & grandfather. But other than that, we have no idea...
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 10:44am
Sally, Am hearing your pain!

Although girls name is done...only the boys name to go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 10:57am
I probably have more boy's names than girls at this stage . Not that DH'll probably like any of them mind you. But I have told him if he's not here when I have the baby, I get exclusive naming rights . Pretty fair I reckon.

Oh well, we still have a while to get it sorted

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 11:13am
well we have both names sorted already pretty much:)

and I don't have a middle name but always wanted one so Ethan has one:) (Dh hated the middle name but he got over it cause it sounds good together) ...

we have family tradition of Edward as middle name but i definitely wasn't having Ethan Edward:)

we probably won't be finding out sex (which i don't like as i loved bonding with him last time) but we are pretty definite on names already and unlikely to change..

Edited by Four_eyes
Mum to two amazing boys!
Febgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Febgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 11:55am
We have a few ideas for boys names but nothing definate.

No idea on girls names - is anyone else finding it hard thinking about names for the same sex as your first baby - I don't really want to 'recycle' any of the girls names we considered last year so it means starting from scratch again!
Two little girls under 2!

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 12:16pm
feb girl nope we found boys easier:)
Mum to two amazing boys!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 12:25pm
I find boy's names easier too, strange

I can't even remember many of the names we had last time round . Damn preggy brain.
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 12:33pm
I am finding boys harder! I am "recycling" my girls name from last time as I love it!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 12:36pm
Can't wait to see what it is Peanut
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 12:44pm
LOL, Jake is born (and a boy LOL) and DH and I are still arguing about girls names!!!!

Jake was always going to be Jake and we eventually decided on Parker as his middle name (DH maternal grans surname who passed away when I was 8 weeks pregnant) when he was about 6 weeks old.

Girls names we couldnt decided, we had the baby name book with us at the hospital (and left it there we think cos we cant find it) when I was induced and were still arguing about girls name when I was being wheeled down to theatre!

I think he may have been Jemma if had been a girl though Maddi was also up there. I still love Ruby and DH still doesnt.

I hope we are more organised next time round.

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 2:00pm
If the second timers in this thread are anything to go by, Melnel, I wouldn't count on it

Thanks for the positive thinking, Sally!!

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 2:06pm
Dh and I had more probs this time with naming the baby!

I thought cos its a girl it would be easier as there are lots of names I like, well...dh hated just about allt he anmes I liked!!! We had settled on Lilyan, but I changed my mind a month or so back, and we have now settled on a name, and Im 99% sure it will be here name

Katep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 2:18pm
I love the name Ruby.....but I swear, no men like that name. We have it down to 4 names, I bet she will be named none of them though.

Mum to the Gorgeous Leah!
              7 months
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 2:29pm
We had no trouble with boys names, but heeeeeaps of trouble with girls names - and we're having girls. We have chosen first names, but not 100% on the middle names...!! Mind you, we would have been ok if we had one of each, it was the second name we have had trouble with.
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 3:14pm

gah we both don't each other's suggestions for boys names.  So for that fact, I am hoping this baby is a girl, as we have about 3 girls names, and I would have either of them so that's easy.  Dh has about 5 boys names he'd have in an instant, I don't like any of them.  It's stressing me out a little, yet I have 30 weeks to go so plenty of time to hopefully decide on something.

Any suggestions for boys names is welcome!

And sheena, that's not like you to not share your chosen name.

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 3:46pm
We are the same- hoping this baby is a girl, cos like last time we have no idea for boys names- only like 2 names that really dont go with our last name, and like lots of girls names and wont have any trouble choosing!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>