FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI think I want a number two

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>
Author
Madiandmini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madiandmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I think I want a number two
    Posted: 23 September 2009 at 2:01pm
Hi all
Hubby and I have recently discovered we are both wanting a number two..

Great, except we had decided after our first that we would leave TTC til number 1 was two, and nearly three before number 2 arrived.

The thought of two babies is terrifying me!
We will most likely leave TTC till after the New Year as I would like another summer bubs. =)

Hopefully we will have no issue TTC as we are both young ( Supposed to be very fertile apparently!).

Any one else in the same/similar boat here??
Would love to hear everyones stories!!

Sponsored Links

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 2:36pm
Yup, DH and I are planning to start trying again in December. J will 8 months so not far off where you are now. Think about it this way, if you get pg today your wee girl will be 18 months when number 2 comes and thats not really a baby anymore is it

I say go for it!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madiandmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 2:42pm
I was going to PM you!
I saw the ticker.
Great someone else is with me =)
We will have to keep each other updated than!!

That is a great way to put it, instead we will have a toddler!

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 2:52pm
Maybe but it hasn't really been talked about when
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
zoeymil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoeymil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 2:57pm
We will be trying for #2 in the new year , My wee girl will be 1 a the end of December but she was 3 months prem so her corrected age would mean she will be 1 in March. I'm excitied but worried about money for us, maybe I need to go back to work for a year or so doing more hours than I am now. do you think having 2 will cost more??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madiandmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 3:11pm
My hubby brought up the subject!!

Same with me =) Jan/Feb as I want #2 as it warms up, Dec 18th with last bub and gosh it was hot!!

BF is free, you will most likely already have bassinet, blanket etc..
Baby clothes from last baby ( Personally I don't care what colour my baby wears at home! ), maybe just buy a few nice going out outfits. If they aren't already given as gifts!
By the time bub #2 is on solids, #1 will be having your meals so shouldn't cost much more..

I think really a 2nd bub will just cost time =)

Leahsmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 4:05pm
Hey, we staring trying when DD was 6 months old, so its taking a little longer then we both throught!! DD was only the second month of trying

Angel Baby Dec 09, We will love you forever.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madiandmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 4:18pm
Wow, wish you good luck!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 5:12pm
I dont think it will cost that much more really.

I cant wait, Jake is so social and loves other kids (i love that his personality is coming out) i reckon he will love to have a bubba in the house... once he gets used to sharing me of course

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madiandmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 6:30pm
Aw thats fantastic!
Madison is at the clingy stage at the moment, gosh its hard work.
I'm not allowed to pee with the door shut anymore!

But this will change and she will hopefully go back to being the independant lil miss she was =)

And hopefully, fingers crossed, she will be a great big sis!

BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by melnel melnel wrote:

Think about it this way, if you get pg today your wee girl will be 18 months when number 2 comes and thats not really a baby anymore is it

la la la can't hear you

Good luck!!

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 6:55pm
#2 is definitely cheaper! You already have most things & I have found that I'm far more frugal as well, I guess it's so I can stay home & also because #2 isn't such a learning curve.

I was going to say that sometimes #2 can be harder to conceive so don't be disappointed if it doesn't happen straight away.

God help me thinking #3
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by MamaPickle MamaPickle wrote:

Originally posted by melnel melnel wrote:

Think about it this way, if you get pg today your wee girl will be 18 months when number 2 comes and thats not really a baby anymore is it

la la la can't hear you

Good luck!!

LOL Kel I am already thinking of number 3 and I dont even have number 2 yet!!!!

Thats another reason we want to start earlier, it might take a while (number 1 did).

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 8:22pm
we got preg when E was 10 months old (but mc'ed)and it freaked me out but if you can handle small age gap go for it..I'm freaking enough at exactly two years:)!
Mum to two amazing boys!
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 10:51pm
my next bubby is due 18 days after DS 1st bday. im not worried, we planned it this way and altough it will be really hard for the first few years i think it will be much easier having 2 kids who are in roughly the same stages of life ie. like the same type of movies, similar toys (depending on sex) DS wont know what it was like to be an only child and be upset. we'll be used to the sleepless nights still etc... all that has changed in our budget is another cot, a twin buggy and a new set of drawers so they match. we are using cloth nappies and hopefully the next baby wont have bad reflux and need thickened formula but thats an expense we can handle.

i guess it depends how you coped after the birth of your first child (no way at all am i trying to sound patronising) i realise 2 will be harder than one esp since they sleep at different times etc but i found having a baby really easy. the sleepless nights/keeping my social life/keeping up with uni etc.. all seemed to not be a problem but if you were quite overwhelmed by the whole thing it might be better to hold off till bubs is more self-sufficient if that makes sense? anyway good luck with your decision and im sure you'll do just fine with whatever you decide :)

edited for appalling spelling that couldnt even be understood!

Edited by monikah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madiandmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 11:07am
Eventually I do want #3..
But because I am rather young, we plan #3 when all our other friends are making babies!

Monikah- I have a friend who's #2 was born same day a year after #1!! But a far as I know she is handling it really well, goodluck!

Start trying a lil earlier then maybe.. ?
Although everyone keeps telling me the younger you are the more fertile?

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Madiandme Madiandme wrote:

Although everyone keeps telling me the younger you are the more fertile?

This is true, but not particularly helpful, nevertheless. What they mean is you at 23 (say) will be more fertile than you at 28, and at 28 you'd be more fertile than you would be at 32 etc. This doesn't mean you'll be as fertile at 23 as some other chick at 23. Your 23 might be similar to their 30, if you know what I mean?

The time it took you to conceive your first baby is kind-of helpful, but by no means a reliable indicator either. Don't you wish life was easier to plan?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madiandmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 12:31pm
Yes totally!!
I see what you mean.
So in theory... ( hehe ) it shouldn't be too hard for us.
#1 was the product of ONE missed contraceptive pill!!
But we are so greatful to be blessed with her presence

Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2009 at 9:00am
I second Monikah - when you plan #2 (yes plan not actually get coz it can mean 2 different things!) you should take into consideration how you handled #1 and also what happens if you don't cope so well this time round? Are you prepared for the possibility of PND? Recovering from a CS?
I fell pregnant 3 months after Jake was born and had an MC which was basically the catalyst for my PND and it fully sucked. I dealt with having Jake just great but when the situation fell apart about 7 weeks later I found it really difficult. I don't know what I would've done if I'd gone on to have another one then.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madiandmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2009 at 1:10pm
You make a very good point there Babe, however, I guess in the end if you don't try you will never know!

In every aspect of life there are going to be positive and negative outcomes, and although the negative ones totally bring us down, it always seems that good old karma will eventually give us something positive =)

I see you are 19 week pregnant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>