FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAIO’s v Pockets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FayeG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FayeG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AIO’s v Pockets
    Posted: 24 September 2009 at 12:49pm
Hi ladies, My DH and I are using Cloth - undecided which brand yet. Any advise greatly appreciated.
I have one question in regards to pockets v AIO's - what are better, what are the pro's and cons?
Many thanks,
Sponsored Links

Mamma2N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mamma2N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 1:37pm
I use a mixture of both. Started out with just pockets then started collecting AIOs.
However - I would say overall I much prefer pockets - Simply because its so easy to change absorbency for different times of the day and pockets dry so quickly. AIO's (depending on what brand you get) do take alot longer to dry.

While AIO's are great for convenience, ease of use and best of all they're daddy-proof, I wouldn't be without my pockets.
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 1:43pm
I prefer AIOs but my daughter is 2 and quite a light wetter. My son was a heavier wetter and some AIOs (ittis) weren't big enough to be absorbant enough but for a little baby they are great. My fave AIOs are bubblebubs though and itti bitti sewn ins come second.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 4:11pm
bubblebubs are a great AIO!

pockets for drying time and adjustable absorbency and AIO's for ease of use... so yeah they both have pros and cons... oh and pockets are probably a bit cheaper to get...

TheNappyBootique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNappyBootique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2009 at 9:39am
I use a mix of both, I mostly use my Itti Bitti (mix of AIO and SIO) during the day and bulk up my wigglebums pockets at night. But Ive alos taken a real liking to my Ecomoon OSFA Pockets for day time too as they are yummy poly prints rather than cotton which i find wicks moisture. the Poly pul is so soft and really waterproof. Ive used alot of MCN and these are the three I rate the most. I also do like fitteds and covers for little bubbas and nights too.
jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2009 at 11:29am
I use a mix of both too- make my own AIO's and haven't had any leaks and overnight use pockets that I stuff for the 12 hour sleep. I prefer AIO's during the day as they are not so bulky.
kiwivic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwivic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 8:50am
I agree, I like both AIOs and pockets. AIOs couldn't be easier and are perfect for dads (Itti Bitti AIOs are my DH's favourite and he's a nappy changing pro!) but pockets are great for quick-drying time and adjustability (my favourites are Honeychild).

Vic xx

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 3:30pm
Like the other ladies I use both. I use a mix of Itti SIO and AIO and fuzzi bunz and honeychild pockets.

Pockets only for night time here, and when I am expecting a poosplosion as they just hold it better. Ittis are great for daytime as they are super trim but I do find he wets through them if he is in them over 3 hours so if we are out and about I use a pocket.

Post Reply Post Reply