FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 1107>
Author
SarahJane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2009 at 11:24am
I have a baby jogger and love it. Folds up so small, wonderful sunhood, and so much lighter than mountain buggy.

I wouldn't have any other sort. It has got used most days for the last two years, and still looks good as new. Good buy!
Sponsored Links

Buttersmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buttersmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2009 at 12:33pm
Yeah thats what I had heard SarahJane.   I always wanted a mountain buggy but then I saw this baby jogger on trademe so did my homework and they say they are lighter than mountain buggy.
I also considered the folding up and watched videos on baby jogger and because I'm having a c.section thought I will need something light and compact.
Plus it comes with carrycot, storm cover, bug cover and capsule adapter so we can put a baby capsule on it which I thought is a good idea.
bought in 2008 and got it for under $500. The reason they are selling is because they are expecting number 2 so want a bigger stroller so I figured it should be a good buy and lots of others were interested so I got in quick!! lol.
I'll be a trademe expert and addict before this baby comes! lol

my little blobby April 09 "gone but will never be forgotten xx"
SarahJane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2009 at 1:47pm
Oh the folding of the baby jogger is sheer genius. Once you have an 8 kg crawler on your hip and a buggy to sling in the back you will realise quite how good it is. Just being able to fold with one hand is fantastic.

Edited by SarahJane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buttersmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 1:25pm
Hi Girls
Well I have been a good girl today and gone for a 45 min walk only to ruin it all by sucking on a K Bar (doh).

I went into smiths city and they had baby joggers there so had a play around with it and yay really liked it so think I have made a great purchase

Feeling very tired today with the odd twinge here and there but otherwise pretty boring. Boring is good

Hope you are all well

noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 6:43pm
wow July mummies already!! congrats ladies whishing you all happy and healthy pregnancies!

Hunnybunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunnybunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 8:05pm
Hi ladies how have you all been feeling?

I still feel like AF is coming So hard realising its not going to!

Do any of you girls have midwifes yet? A girl I used to work with is going to be a qualified midwife in about another month so I'm thinking I'll go with her- we got along really well at work and I've already talked to her and she seems quite excited!!

Did you girls go to doc to confirm it? I think I'm still gonna go to doc to get sent for a scan and blood tests, need iron levels etc checked. and to get a script for folic acid.
what else did you guys get done when you's were at the doctor??

I've been quite tired. could be cos of a late night last night but i had a nap on DF today lol.

Hope your all feeling ok.
SarahJane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 8:15pm
You don't need to go to a doctor, your midwife can do all the bloods and scripts etc. You only get a dating scan if you are unsure of dates, otherwise the next scan is the 12 week nuchal testing scan, which your midwife can organise.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunnybunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 8:25pm
My midwife isn't technically a midwife yet, only a student midwife, give it a month
So at this stage I'm still gonna go see her, but from the sounds of it she can't write scripts etc, so will go see doctor for that, and to get him to send me for a scan lol.

Oh, and I am unsure how far along i am, honest so i'll need a dating scan
SarahJane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 8:52pm
I guess the reason I said that about dating scans is that I have trouble seeing our health resources disappearing on stuff that isn't clinically necessary.

Every unnecessary scan done means a slot taken that can't be used by someone who really needs it. If you were to start bleeding, and needed a scan urgently to check that bubs was still ok, then it would be hard enough to wait until you could get a scan done, and even harder if there were lots of others queued up having unecessary scans in front of you.

Ok, I will get off my soapbox now
M2Bee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M2Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 8:57pm
Having been in that exact situation of having a threatened miscarriage and not been able to get a scan until 5 days later... was one of the worse experiences of my life so you can understand why I completely agree with SarahJane. The only reason I'm having one at seven weeks is due to my history and needing to pick it up early if things go wrong.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunnybunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 9:00pm
I totally understand where your coming from. And would usually agree, I pretty much never go to the docs (its usually been just to see the nurse for pill, blood pressure and weight) haven't been to emergency room since I broke my arm at age 10(ish) so in my mind, it's ok if I go for one "unneccesary" scan!

Yes, it is un-necessary. But, in my mind I need this... It's hard to explain...
SarahJane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 9:04pm
No, it is not necessary HB, unless itis clinically required. It is a 'want' not a 'need' and I really hope that you don't have to find out the difference.

I am sorry to be so harsh when I don't really know you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunnybunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 9:32pm
Thats ok, I'm not 100 % sure of my dates anyways so to me, and my midwife, it is needed, to know exactly how far along I am.

Otherwise how will I know when to go for my 20wk scan if I don't know when I'm 20wks?

I think I'm about 6-8 weeks. Guess we'll find out at the scan!!

Besides, I think there is plenty of other people out there who clog up our health system for much more minor things!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buttersmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 11:16pm
working in the industry I wouldn't worry to much about HB going for an "uneccessary" scan.   Her scan will only take about 5 mins and believe me there are alot of girls having the exact same scans and noone will miss out

I can't believe I'm still up   I'm going back to work tomorrow after having a week off after our wedding and I really really don't want to go back tomorrow
Wouldn't it be nice to win lotto and never have to work again...........dreams are free

Shezzey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezzey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 11:43pm

Lurker....  lol according to some of the tickers... a scan is not "unneccesary"   Hunnybunny  I think a scan would be necessary for peace of mind and to lower your stress levels

WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 12:13am
OMGosh July already Congrats ladies.

M2Bee congrats hun. Happy and Healthy pg for the next 8 months I will be stalking
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
SarahJane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 7:35am
HunnyBunny, haven't you been charting? You are in the charting thread. In that case, wouldn't you know exactly how far along you are?

If indeed your midwife and GP think you ned a scan for 'peace of mind' then of course that is fine, but deliberately lying to get a scan??? I guess I think that is just a bit off.

Besides, you will be able to hear the heartbeat, isn't that enough?

Edited by SarahJane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunnybunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 7:39am
Yeah I'm in the charting thread... I wasn't faithful taking temperatures or anything though lol so I can't pin-point it down to the day for how far along I am.

Does it really matter? As buttersmum said it's not going to stop other people going. It's one scan, for peace of mind, and for DF and myself to stress less, its worth it....

At the end of the day, I'm still gonna go get it done. If my midwife has said its ok, then I think its ok. I'm sure my doctor wont have a problem with it either!!

Where did I say I'm lying? I don't know my exact dates so really its not lying.

Edited by Hunnybunny
SarahJane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 7:44am
You only need to know the first day of your last menstrual period. Which is on your chart.

Oh well, never mind. Sad.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunnybunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 7:45am
Oh well. It is sad. So very sad
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 1107>