FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe OB newborn/small hire kit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The OB newborn/small hire kit
    Posted: 11 November 2009 at 2:57pm
There is now a hire kit of newborn and small Modern Cloth Nappies available for hire by OB senior members. The hire kit contains a mix of prefolds and covers, fitted nappies, pockets and all in ones/twos, as well as a wetbag. Anybody who hires the kit will also be given some microfleece liners and a couple of cloth wipes to keep.

Weight ranges for the nappies in the kit vary, with the smallest being only 2.5kg+ and the largest sized nappy being up to 10kg, with most of the nappies fitting approx 3.5-7kg. There's also a small selection of OSFA nappies to try. There is a list of what is in the kit here: http://tinyurl.com/ohbabyhirekit.

The nappy kit is available for a bond of $80 and a weekly charge of $12 a week, plus $10 postage. Pretty good value for nappies and accessories that would be worth more than $800 to buy new. The kit is more than enough nappies for your baby to wear full time.

This is a non-profit kit, for the first wee while mummy_becks and I will be recouping the significant cost we have put into the kit, and once it has paid for itself we will replace stock and perhaps look into making up a medium hire kit.

There will be a maximum hire period of 8 weeks so that lots of people get the opportunity to use it.

Details of the kit and how to book it etc are now on a Facebook group!

Edited by weegee

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
Sponsored Links

Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 5:44pm
Woohoo memememememe!!!!!! Can I have from uhm halfway through Feb :mutters at cottage cheese baby brain and trundles off to find calendar:.... yep round the 15th will be good coz i want to use them straight away! Can I have it til Rovic needs it??
Yay
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 5:44pm
Oh do I get the bond back when I return it or no??
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 9:08pm
Yup you get the bond back when you return it, unless there's a nappy missing or completely wrecked through anything other than normal wear and tear (hmm we're gonna have to write up a contract of sorts aren't we?).

Consider yourself booked in then Babe and I'll find out when Rovic needs it (if she wants to use if from the beginning or otherwise). We do need a minimum of a week turnaround in between though so we can check everything, wash everything and get it all packaged up nicely with the liners etc for the next person. Even if Rovic wants it from her EDD you should be able to have it for 6 weeks min.

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 8:31am
Hmm... I'm pretty close to having enough nappies now anyway I think. But I do like the idea of being able to try a whole lot of different ones. How much is it likely to cost for postage - is it a huge package? (I'm on rural delivery). I presume I'd have to pay that both ways?
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 8:56am
I thought you might have been building up your stash

It's a decent sized box, although I haven't researched delivery options yet. I was thinking we would pay to get it to you and you would pay to get it back again (of course if it's going to cost some crazy amount we might have to revisit that). I'm on RD too so feel your pain (might have to use my mum's place as a go between for this!). (Or since you'd be sending it back to Becks, you could always see if she's going to be in Palmy!)

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 11:29am
Will you include washing and care instructions too?

[/url]

Angel June 2012
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 1:32pm
Yes, definitely - I've been working on a little booklet that has general washing and care info as well as specific info relating to each nappy including any specific instructions, cost and where you can buy them from.

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 2:17pm
Ok, I've had a chat to DH and we are still keen to use this. Probably from about Dec 14th until around about the end of Jan? I could send it back a wee bit sooner if someone desperately wanted it in late Jan or if bubs comes late (I'll be induced Dec 31st) then I might keep it a bit longer if no-one else has lined up for it. I think it'll be a great way to suss out all the different styles to figure out whats going to be best for my expected chubby bubby

I'm a pretty laid back kinda girl and I'll take good care of them Weegee (promise ) so I'm probably an excellent test case for you too

Oh, and congrats on your little bolter Weegee, awesome news
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 2:48pm
Thanks

Updated booking details in OP

kathamill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 7:56pm
Hehe I was having a nosey in here, and just noticed, are the dates after Dec supposed to be for 2010? Cos you go from Dec 2009 to Jan 2009. Or are you offering a time travelling package too?
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 9:02pm
thanks for pointing that out kathamill, changing it now

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 9:22pm
Oh I am so getting this for next bub... though if there is a bun baking in the oven now you will have beat me to it weegee!!!!

Rovic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 10:30am

Just spotted this . Yip, still wanting this from week of 12 April and hopefully bubs will cooperate and arrive on timish. Can we have for 6 weeks please and hopefully that will give us enough time to work it all out. thanks

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 1:44pm
Thanks Vicki! I have updated the bookings list. Babe will be pleased she gets another week

Anybody due late May/June who wants it?

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 2:10pm
I also wanted to add, the information booklet is now available on google docs if anybody would like to have a look at what's in the kit and what information is provided. Feel free to suggest any changes or correct any errors I have made.

You can view the information booklet at http://tinyurl.com/ohbabyhirekit

Let me know if you can't access the document and I can post a link to the pdf version too

ETA: also open to suggestions for nappies we don't have - for example I'm aware the fitteds selection is currently quite sparse! Looking forward to hearing the kit's first review!

Edited by weegee

_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 3:25pm
cant wait until im UTD coz i will be wanting to use this! Great idea for us first time mums (or first time cloth users)
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 10:31pm
Thats great weegee!!! wish something like this had been available when Tom was born...I did ti myself the hard way
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 11:07pm
I know! I cant wait to be UTD again so I can book it LOL

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2010 at 12:39am

Just so people in the lower half of the North Island are aware I will be doing the turn arounds for you. As I travel a lot I can probably arrange to meet you in Palmy (or somewhere close to there) to do the hand over instead of posting it.

Becs I will get in contact with you when I am back in NZ to arrange picking it up from you - it will probably be in Palmy if that is cool with you.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>