FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedcuriosity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Zasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: curiosity
    Posted: 04 December 2009 at 9:52pm

as this is my first pregnancy I'm still on a huge learning curve, I'm very curious to  find out if first babies are likely to come early, on time or late? I realise babies come when they are good and ready, but I'm really curious to hear other peoples stories.

Edited by Zasha
Sponsored Links

RinTinTin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RinTinTin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 9:59pm
They told us at Antenatal Classes that the average is 9-10 days overdue for first babies.

HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 10:39pm
My first daughter was born nearly five days after her EDD, and that's the thing, the 'E' in EDD is for 'estimated' and with my second daughter it took a lot of work to get away from the mindset of expecting her to come on a particular day (she was born at nearly 42 weeks).
Mama to two earth walkers & two angels.

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being. ~ Kittie Franz

Next Slingbabies! Meet - Friday 4th May !!
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 11:30pm
Both mine were over due.

Caden my first was 12 days overdue when I went into labour, but wasn't born until 2 days later
Isabella was 1 week over due and born by elective c section in the end(first was emerg c section)

WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 12:39am
Jackson was 2 weeks early
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 7:08am
Jack was 9 days early and Ben was 8 days early. In our coffee group I think the majority of the first babies were late, so was my niece
Lindsey

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 7:48am
Week early
Kristy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 7:53am
2 weeks early

Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 7:53am

Ella was 2 days early (but I always thought that my EDD should have been a couple of days earlier, so I guess she was pretty much on time).

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 8:37am
I went into labour 5 days overdue.
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 9:18am
Sam was two days early, but he was an elective c-section for kneeling breech presentation. Up until my c-section I had absolutely no signs of labour, and because of the position he was in, I doubt labour would have started anyway.

This baby, well.   I'm nearly a week overdue and up until a few days ago I was getting my hopes up at every little cramp or sign, but I've given up worrying now and am just trying to enjoy my last few days of reasonably good sleep. I'm being induced next week if he doesn't come on his own before then.
NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 9:58am
my daughter came on my due date and 4 days late acccording to my scan.

my son came 4 days early according to my dates and 6 days early on scan date.

Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 10:41am
bailey was 4 days late by my dates but 5 days early by the first scan

aidan was 13 1/2 weeks early
Joscia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joscia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 11:41am
DS was born on his due date (though my hospital discharge notes said that he was actually 41w+3days - so the scans may have been a bit out...)
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 12:08pm
"Fewer than 5% of births occur on the due date; 50% of births are within a week of the due date, and almost 90% within 2 weeks.[18] It is much more useful, therefore, to consider a range of due dates, rather than one specific day"

Wikipedia, not sure how accurate it is , but I like the part where it says to have a range of due dates rather than one specific day .

Caitlyn was due on the 31st of May , born on the 8th of June

Ty was due on the 21st of June and born on the 27th of June
...so both mine were late .
Caitlyn however, had a LOT of vernix on her and the mw said she looked a week or so early , so just goes to show , the EDD is really just an estimate .

Caro07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caro07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 1:01pm
S was technically a week late (by MW's dates) but according to my dates he arrived on his due date.
Caroline, SAHM to 2 boys, S (4 years old) and J (2 years old)
JoJames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 1:14pm
Mine was 12days over, but talking to MW and others they really should be a Est due month cause people can be pregnant from 38-42 weeks and can be totally normal, so this baby is due in the beginning of April sometime.
LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 1:33pm

Leah was 4 weeks early and Joel was 10 days early.

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 4:46pm
Yep, i'm going with the range of dates theory. 40 weeks is an average, but some babies need more, and some less. So I'm due "in December" and thats what I've been telling people. It also means although I'm nearly 39 weeks, I'm really not feeling the pressure of baby being nearly due, cos I know s/he might stay put till after christmas so its not getting to me, you know? Plus people aren't constantly asking if I've popped yet either, cos they aren't sure exactly when I'm due
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 5:04pm
My son was 3 days late. My waters actually broke at 2 days over due but had to be induced as labour didn't progress. Then my daughter was 2 days early. My waters broke the day before though like last time, and had to be induced again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>