FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedno, how are you?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: no, how are you?
    Posted: 08 March 2010 at 11:56am
Im so sick of people ringing and asking how everyone else is except for me!
I just had a lady ring and here is how it went

Hi trish its Sue, hows Adele?
hows the boys?
hows the other half?
ohh so your all good then

grrr
well had she asked she would of known that NO Im not alright, I'm a bit stressed and tired as the boys have started waking during the night, and when I put them in time-out during the day they destroy there rooms pulling the mattresses off there beds
Adele has been under the weather and is spilling alot and has a sore tummy so is screaming

anyone else have phone calls where they don't actually ask how you are doing but do for everyone else?
Sponsored Links

minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 12:18pm
I have come to the conclusion that now that I am a mother, I come lowest in the pecking order. It is always "how are the girls". That is the extent of our family it seems. You know what though, if something is up, and they haven't asked, I just extend my answer about the girls "oh they're all good, pity their mother isn't!!"
GuestGuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 12:26pm
Wow that is so rude and thoughtless! I would just butt in with a sarcastic comment like "everyone is great but I am crap, thanks for asking". They won't make that mistake again
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 12:33pm
Nope, I have people visiting and doing that! They will ask how everyone in the house is except me! Actually the only one who does ask how I am is my midwife!

And also no one ever thinks to take a photo of me and baby they always take pics while everyone else is holding baby but once I hold her the camera goes away

for how things are going with you though! Does Adele have a temp?
sunnyhoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 2:17pm
Rude and annoying...including when you go somewhere and people say hi to DH and the kid/s and you get nothing.

Hugs! I know how it feels - crappy!
Mum to:
Joy Emily 1.05am 27/09/07 7lb 3oz
Austin Paul 12.47pm 18/04/10 10lb 8oz
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 2:39pm
Trish
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
grrrgrrrr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grrrgrrrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 4:01pm
Mmm I think thats just becoming a mum, I have 3 photos of the boys and me and I took those myself.

I know it isnt easy, but sometimes have ing a chat bout it makes things soo much better
Mattias 2yo
Henrik almost 1
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 4:14pm
well Im kinda glad its not just me getting it!
Since having bailey I will always ask how the 'mum' is before asking how the baby is or ask how the baby is then the mum

Nicole - Im ok just tired :/ and nope no temp just vomiting alot this afternoon. might take her back to the doctor tomorrow to get her checked out. - especially her 'hormone rash' its getting worse and she now has it all over her back too
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 9:09pm
TBH I never worry cos I will tell them how I am regardless of if they ask, or indeed care!! Its all part of the rant/whinge/whatever that a phonecall to a friend is. Maybe your friend assumes you would do something similar?
I don't think I'm gulity of that, however, I do have one friend tht I never ask becasue I would be there for hours having to listen to everything and its kinda stressfull, so I don't ask... she tells me anyway, so no harm no foul.
Hope you are doing ok, it sucks when routine gets out of whack, especially night time routines and baby is sick. xxx
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 9:24pm
and its been a long week and a bit with both boys at home too since aidan has/had the chicken pox. I rang the preschool today asking if they can go back tomorrow since aidans spots have 'crusted over'
so Im hoping they say yes!
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 9:57pm
They should do, Trish, cos crusts = safe! You will be going mad with them all home, poor chicken. xx
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Blankney94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blankney94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 11:35pm

Big hugs - seems to come with the territory doesn't it?  Have even noticed I am treated differently at work now that I've gone back.  Also totally understand about the photos.  Have to ASK DH to take photos of Brooke and I.  There are very few.

Oh gawd can I have a vent??!! 

Got a phone call from a friend on Sunday night just as we were about to sit down to tea.  I told her I didn't have long as tea was just about on the table, so she proceeded to tell me how the party went after I left, where she went, the guy she met, etc, etc.  She then proceeded to have a one person conversation about what contraceptives she was using yadda yadda yadda (no I didn't need to know all that!)

Had to tell her 3 times and get quite abrupt to get back to my tea, otherwise she would have gone on for hours. 

Oh and no "how are you today?".  Grrrr!!!   Sorry bit of a vent.  Vent over now.  

Edited by SarahMM
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 11:54am
Originally posted by nkap9 nkap9 wrote:

Nope, I have people visiting and doing that! They will ask how everyone in the house is except me! Actually the only one who does ask how I am is my midwife!

Yup, got that all the time. And when I burst into tears in front of my parents and said don't you care how I am, they just said but you are a mother now, your babies will always come first. Awesome.
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 11:59am
Vent away Sarah

good news the boys are both at PRESCHOOL! woohoo happy dance (I do love them honestly Im just sick of them being at home with all there energy lol)
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 2:03pm

Oh Trish that sucks

My MIL is the worst for it, she started when I was pg though. She'd always ask how "her grandson is doing" when I saw her, but never asked about me. It still happens now. When I was pregnant I'd always answer "I'm good thanks", I think she got the message for a while but still reverts back to not asking about me most of the time

Whateversville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 9:55pm
This happens to me already lol
Always "hows baby?" Well he is fine no thanks to ME his MAMA that is CARRYING him..Being booted and bashed from the inside having every muscle ache and being tired and emotional *sigh* LOL

I get quite huffy sometimes and reply with "fine, AS FOR ME....." lol etc

Good thread Trish Glad your boys are back at preschool and you get some time out. Hope you start to feel better soon
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2010 at 10:21pm
LOL at least they ask after the family- my Dad just talks about all the boring things he's been doing and doesn't even ask after the girls
 Post Reply Post Reply