FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCroc Pot Choc Self-saucing Pudding YUM!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Croc Pot Choc Self-saucing Pudding YUM!!!
    Posted: 11 May 2010 at 5:07pm
Hi All

After mentioning on Facebook the other day that I'd made this, I've had a lot of requests for the recipe so thought I would share with everyone!!

This is the best Chocolate Self-saucing Pudding I have ever had, and it's all made in the crock pot.

I used Kahlua as the alcohol in it although you can use just water if you like - it was to die for and it makes a big batch, enjoy!

Ingredients
3 cups self-raising flour
1/4 cup cocoa
100 grams butter, chilled and diced
1 cup sugar
2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla essence

Chocolate sauce
3 1/2 cups boiling water
1/2 cup dark rum or coffee liqueur
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa

Method

Turn the slow cooker on to low to pre-warm while gathering and preparing the ingredients.
Sift the flour and cocoa into a bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
Stir in the sugar and make a well in the centre.
Beat the milk, eggs and vanilla essence together and mix into the dry ingredients using a holed spoon to form a stiff batter.
Into the pre-warmed slow cooker, put the boiling water, rum or coffee liqueur, sugar and cocoa and stir to dissolve the cocoa.
Carefully spoon the batter evenly into the slow cooker and cover with the lid.
Cook on high for 1 hour then turn to low for a further 1 hour.
Serve hot with ice cream and cream.

Tip
The alcohol will have cooked out of the rum or liqueur, however, use only water for an alcohol-free recipe.

Sponsored Links

palomino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palomino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 6:23pm
Yum made it today, only i halved the recipe because it was just for me. And it still made heaps! so have lots for tomorrow for breakfast, lunch etc... haha But yes very yum!
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 6:51pm
Good idea to halve it, I was gonna make it tonight but decided I better wait til we have people over otherwise we will jsut eat the whole lot ourselves,...so I made brownie instead,..which we will probably devour tonight anyway
MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 6:57pm
Good plan to halve it - it does make a BIG dessert, I'll be doing that next time too unless we have guests!

HuntersMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntersMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 4:27pm
Oh yummy! I made one in the oven the other day and it was SO good - might have to try this one though

littlestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 3:48pm
I can't wait to try this one out!!! THANKS
Rachel1982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 7:49pm
omg that sounds amazing. have just emailed the recipe to my mum too, we both just got slow cookers!!
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 9:48pm
I've got a dairy free oven baked one if anyone is drooling over this recipe like I was
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 1:03pm
No prob, enjoy! Today is the perfect day for it so I'm going to make another batch but halve it this time. Mmmm.. can't wait!

MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 3:29pm

Thanks again for this recipe Emma - it truly is delish!!

But, yes, halving it would be a good idea. I've been eating it for lunch and dessert for a couple of days now

floss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 6:19pm
Did anyone else's take agers longer then 2hrs to cook?
Cos ours has been in since 4pm and its now 6.30 and its still like uncooked mix
My beautiful big girl Sienna 15.04.06

Double the trouble double the fun Noah & Lola 10/11/07
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 7:08pm
Yep, mine took longer floss. I think next time I might just leave it on high instead of changing to low.

It is really yummy - makes heaps though! We used Kahlua which definitely tasted stronger the next day.

This recipe is out of the Allyson Gofton slow cooker recipe book, and I saw her making it on Good Morning the other week.
ohanlon82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohanlon82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 6:43am
Soooo good had this last night

thanks heaps

xxxx
http://lb2f.lilypie.com/TikiPic.php/RPaODBg.jpg
 Post Reply Post Reply