FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCabbage Gender testing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Marengo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2010 at 12:22pm
i did it too,.. came back boy for me and i'm having a girl!

Our angel Ella Louise born 13.04.
Sponsored Links

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2010 at 12:54pm
Im not sure when you are meant to do it. I might do it around 10-12 weeks. Did anyone do it earlier than that??

Awesome results though
ALittleLoopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2010 at 1:01pm

im pretty sure its after 12weeks sabrina

heres the link i used with instructions

http://www.ehow.com/how_5134590_perform-gender-test-during-pregnancy.html

CHEM 6/12+
heaf3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heaf3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2010 at 1:40pm
oh I should so try this.....have a small red cabbage in the fridge even!
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2010 at 2:26pm
Cabbage Gender Tests!

Person                    Test Result                    Actual Result
my2girls                     boy                                    boy
pekay                          girl                                    girl
melnel                        boy                                   boy
BAMN08                     girl                                    girl
TheKelly                     girl                                    girl
Marengo                    boy                                    girl
Babykatnz                  girl                                    TBA March 2011
SusieC                      boy                                    TBA May 2011
rachelsea                  boy                                    TBA Dec 2010 or May 2011

Adding in Marengo (the only one wrong so far, that we know of!) and mine, just did the test and it straight away went pinky/red

Edited by rachelsea
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2010 at 2:28pm
double post

Edited by rachelsea
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2010 at 3:26pm
Best to do with FMU, anything you eat/drink during the day can give the results a false alkaline/acidic reading... whereas with FMU you havent had anything to eat/drink for a long enough timeframe to not affect the pH so much.
Brandon - 05/12/2003

heaf3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heaf3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2010 at 4:50pm
do you do it while the cabbage water is still hot? or is it ok if you cool it?
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2010 at 6:44pm
I left mine to cool, I thought using it hot might do something to chemically alter the urine sample or whatever lol
Brandon - 05/12/2003

TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2010 at 7:47pm
Rachel...how are you announcing it in Dec or May ?? sorry its probably really obvious , but Im confused !

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2010 at 10:51pm
Welll... Dec would be anatomy scan, and due in May?? So either she'll find out and possibly announce then, or hold out til May
Brandon - 05/12/2003

TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2010 at 11:18pm
hahaha *falls over laughing* I didn't even think one might be the anatomy scan
Can anyone say baby brain ?

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2010 at 8:07am
Mine didnt change colour at all (and it was FMU too) and i'm having a boy. Or we think. Maybe he'll come out a girl afterall.
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2010 at 11:41am
Haha yes anatomy scan in Dec, due in May, and not sure yet whether we'll find out or not Knowing me we probably will find out though haha
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2010 at 1:53pm
So yours said Boy Rachel??? Do you feel like your having a boy??? Maybe Chelsea is right hehehehe
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2010 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by bowie bowie wrote:

Mine didnt change colour at all (and it was FMU too) and i'm having a boy. Or we think. Maybe he'll come out a girl afterall.

I think I read somewhere that you could see the boy bits as soon as they put the wand on you, was that you?
Ty was the same, very very clear boy bit and yup, definetly a boy !

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2010 at 3:36pm
Yup, that was me Course, i'd cooked the cabbage, let it cook, left it in the fridge overnight and pee'd on it in the morning. Probably not the best test.
ALittleLoopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2010 at 4:59pm
you need to mix half pee and half cabbage water

CHEM 6/12+
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2010 at 6:15pm
Sabrina, I don't have any feelings one way or the other at the mo, but yes Chelsea says "BOOOOOOOOOOIIIII" whenever anyone asks her if the baby is a boy or girl so we'll see if she's right

And I just used the cabbage water straight from the stove, coz it didn't say in the instructions if it had to be cold or not, and I was too impatient to wait anyway!
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2010 at 6:53pm
You could always use half the cabbage water when its hot and half when its cold see if you get the same result?

Rach you are so totally having a boy!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>