FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFebruary 2011 babies :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 436>
Author
freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 3:49pm
Yeah your boys are lovely KA - it's just I'm use to girl's ya know, but I would love a boy... but a girl would be nice for Holly and I already have girl's clothes and names... so either way would good and one of each would be the best hehe

Limo -ya poor thing - I was moving house with MS last time and it was yucky...

Kelly what a shame ya DH is so difficult - Rylan is a lovely name! infact it may go on my list...

I'm relatively symptom free at the mo... so did another hpt and yip still UTD... phew

Edited by freckle
mum to 3 lovely girls :D
Sponsored Links

Ceres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 4:02pm
Limochick that sounds horrible, big hugs to you and I hope you have a lot of support and get through tomorrow okay .

I like the name Rylan too Kelly and Freckle, though it would sound pretty terrible with our last name unfortunately!

Hehe freckle, I've done a silly amount of HPTs, it just doesn't seem possible it's real after waiting so long to get to this point. Next BT is Wednesday and I can't wait, I just want to see that HCG number getting larger and larger .

I take back my earlier comment about not having as much of an appetite, all I've done is eaten all afternoon, yogurt, toast, fruit . Unsure how much of this has to do with procrastination of exam study and how much is real hunger though!

<
freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 4:10pm
I know what ya mean Ceres my pile of hpts is rather ridiculous and I still have about ten more... think I'm gonna get DF to hide them from me though... I'm finding it really hard to believe it is actually finally happening too...

Poor you having exams! what are ya studying?
Ceres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 4:17pm
I've only got one left now, and I've told myself I'm not allowed to buy any more since my scan is only 10 days away, so that will be the end of my addiction .

LOL does your DF realise how many you've got left? It's not like there's any harm in doing them, and it's just so amazing to see those two lines appear. I love that the test line is now so so dark and appears before the control line now too .

I'm studying psychology .

<
Wannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 4:29pm
YAY you've got a Due in Feb thread - I'm a bit behind the times obviously - I'll amend the Due in Jan now.

BIG CONGRATS TO EVERYONE

Fx'd for healthy sticky bubs for you all

freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 4:30pm
yeah he does, but he's grown use to my hpt addiction over the last few years ... they're just ICs... I resisted the temptation to buy more at the supermarket today...

Sweet, I always regretted not doing psyc undergrad, it's so interesting... but I'm doing my Phd now which is in education but psyc related also... Good luck for ya exams
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by ElfsMum ElfsMum wrote:

i reckon boy as well:) I had it right 20 times then got it wrong a bunch of times so dont go buy blue ;)

oh bugger , I was hoping you would say girl , thats what im hoping for deep down , even tho I know I should just hope for another healthy baby cos I have one of each already blah blah blah .
But for many reasons, I would love to have a girl

Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 5:00pm
Thanks girls for the sympathy We moved house this time last year as well and of course I had ms then as well I'm just really lucky that dh is awesome and his parents are coming up from Waikanae to help us.

I've never been one to get addicted to testing but it is amazing when you see those lines come up

Ceres - yay for your scan only being 10days away

TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 5:09pm
ugh , moving ! you definetly have my sympathy ! I HATE moving !!!!

Worst time was last year when I was 39 weeks pregnant and we were told we had 3 weeks to find a new place , so dealing with finding a place, open homes in the current place etc , was funnnnnnn .

Sooooo tired ! omg , I just want to sleep all day ! and im so moody ! I have such a short fuse lately , and when Im driving , omg , I look like I have tourettes , swearing at other drivers on the road etc ....

Ceres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 5:10pm
Thanks for the luck Freckle, normally I'm super organised and would have put in a lot more hours by now, but I've been some what distracted over the past week! I'm doing honours this year, so really need to step it up! That's great that you're doing a Phd in education, what are you looking at? My goal is to do a DClinpsy, so will (hopefully) be doing a doctoral thesis at some point. How do you find it with having little one/s around?

Kelly I think we all lean at least a little way on preferences, hard not to! I told DH I'd love for our first to be a girl, because I've always wanted a girl, but realistically, whatever we get will be so amazing and absolutely cherished.

Limo you poor thing, moving twice within two years, let alone with MS! Will this be a final move for a while?

<
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 5:15pm
lol,
We moved June 2009 , then feb 2010 (both times because the landlord needed to sell )
then last month we moved again, and I better not be moving again for a looooong time .
Thats 4 times in less than ONE year .

Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 5:17pm
I've always wanted a girl as well but I'm not counting my chickens

Kelly - I'm like you at the moment and have a very short fuse so I can sympathise I feel very sorry for my family

Ceres - I really hope this will be it for awhile but we haven't had the best of luck with rentals. We have to have a healthy home cos my oldest son has a heart condition and gets sick. NZ houses just aren't up to the standard that they should be!!

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 5:22pm
lurker, Kelly have a look at the news on the June 2009 thread
susie
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 5:26pm
and I agree about your short fuse
susie
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 5:32pm
yeah , you are good at setting it off ....

Susieq is my mother for those that don't know ....

freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Ceres Ceres wrote:

Thanks for the luck Freckle, normally I'm super organised and would have put in a lot more hours by now, but I've been some what distracted over the past week! I'm doing honours this year, so really need to step it up! That's great that you're doing a Phd in education, what are you looking at? My goal is to do a DClinpsy, so will (hopefully) be doing a doctoral thesis at some point. How do you find it with having little one/s around?

I'm a speech language therapist so my research is on the influence temperament has on treatment outcomes for preschool children will speech sound difficulties. I did my undergrad and Masters fulltime when DD1 was little and had no probs... when DD2 came along I was ayear into my PhD and hadn't managed to get all my data collected so ended up suspending my enrolment for a year... I started again at the start of this year so not sure how I'll go now But if your organised and have help to call on when ya desperate it's no problem having a wee one and studying! So are you applying for clinical next year??

Edited by freckle
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 6:14pm
Ahhh excuse me Freckle.... Whats going on?! Your 5 weeks?! Congrats hun!! Im going to have to step up my stalking I think!!

+1 May 09 Angel
Mel24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mel24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 6:41pm
Hi Ladies

Thanks for the lovely welcomes :) And thanks ElfsMum for your message. Its just the pregnancy that I'm worried about at the moment - haven't quite got around to thinking about the changes in Natalie's routines etc with a newborn!

I'm more tired and I swear my tummy is bigger already! I had to buy new suits in a smaller size for work this year because I lost so much weight from breastfeeding. I can just see myself getting big far too fast...

I'm also worried about every little funny feeling in my tummy.... I had forgotten about the constant pregnancy worry. I'm going to leave the whole midwife issue for next week. I want the same one as I had last time but I'm just too scared to contact her right now! Oh so silly...

Kelly - I want another girl too. But I guess a boy would be lovely too. Deep down I would like Natalie to have a little sister...

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 6:41pm
lurker again
I don't set your short fuse off Kelly, it is preggy hormones that set it off, not your lovely Mum and I really want you to have a girl too
susie
Ceres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 6:44pm
That's a lot of moving Kelly , fingers crossed for you that you get to stay put for a long long time .

Limochick crossing fingers for you too that this house works out better than your previous homes have. I absolutely agree about NZ homes being completely below par. I have circulation problems and asthma, and also have to live in a 'healthy' home, so understand the pain to a certain extent.

Freckle that's the plan, yup. If I get in I'll only have to do a couple of papers in 2012 to complete the first Clinical year requirements as I'm doing some of the compulsary papers as part of my honours this year. I'm really pleased with how that's worked out timing wise because I'll be able to be home a little more than I would have been able to otherwise. Still have to get in though! Very competitive program.

Your research sounds very interesting, hopefully you'll have the bulk of the data by the time this little one comes along so you can get into the writing stage? Best of luck!

<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 436>