FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch 2011 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 371372373374375 376>
Author
amalyse View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amalyse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2011 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by lil_lease lil_lease wrote:

That would be really great if you could do the searching for PND groups for me, I barely get time on the computer at the moment and that's all taken up by checking FB groups and here lol.

Got the jabs tomorrow and had trouble with OB forums earlier... so will either do tomorrow if she reacts well, or weds :)
Sponsored Links

amalyse View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amalyse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2011 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by karenb_chch karenb_chch wrote:

Could be worse AA - Emmas afternoon nap was interrupted by me half falling on her as I ran/stumbled to her during the earthquake! (I think she might have slept through the quake otherwise!) Seriously over them by now.

:( thoughts are with you xx
amalyse View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amalyse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2011 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by lil_lease lil_lease wrote:

Anja, thanks for the link. I just scored 18 so I think it's a good thing for me to go see the doc tomorrow

I went to the Doctor today, I scored 20 the first time (couldn't remember I was in a bit of a state) and 7 today! So very happy about that. Of course some days it may be more like a 12!
ArielAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArielAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2011 at 2:22pm
Oh no Karenb - I'm terrified when Abby is on her playmat that I'll trip but it's a lot worse with earthquakes as they are totally unpredictable.

I hope all you Christchurch ladies are ok.

As for us, had Plunket visit today. At just over twelve weeks A is now 61.5cm and 5.6kg - long and skinny! She was due to go down for her nap right when we had our Plunket visit so she was pretty tired by the time we got home - put her straight into bed she made a couple of little quiet grizzles and then was out like a light!
After 16 months TTC, surprise BFP July 10
DD1 Mar 11
After 9 months TTC, BFP on 4th Clomid cycle Feb 13
DD2 Oct 13
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2011 at 9:16pm
AA, thats almost exactly what D was at his, 61.5cm and 5.7kg, Looks like he inherited the Cossey male growth genes (in my mums family, males are all tall and skinny, females get the short stocky end of the stick lol)

Feeding saga is starting to look up... I think I figured out why it wasnt working, I wasnt using the bloody shields properly... something about stretching the shield right out before putting it on... oh and he settles almost instantly if hes lying in a way that he can see Daddys special league poster.... DP of course is proud as punch about his sons taste lol! I'm just glad that I'm not fighting him and listening to him scream every time we try until hes too tired to fight it anymore! Had a much happier, settled wee boy tonight, who even managed some playtime in the lounge before bed (and we got his first real laugh today!!)
Brandon - 05/12/2003

karenb_chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karenb_chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2011 at 6:17am
BK - that's great news. It's good to hear that BFing is starting to get better for you.

I woke up a few minutes ago and realised that Emma has been asleep for over 8 hours!!! (I checked on her, of course, and all is good, just sleeping.) Of course, she had terrible sleeps yesterday afternoon/evening, just 15-20 minute naps, so maybe she is making up for that.
freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2011 at 7:54am
LOL BK I see it's Darien's turn today! voted ... and thanks for the vote yesterday...
mum to 3 lovely girls :D
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2011 at 10:03am
hehe thanks, congrats for winning yesterday!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

ArielAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArielAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2011 at 10:05am
BabyKat - That's funny that D and A are tracking along the same! She definitely looks long and skinny, especially when she's next to some of the other coffee group bubs.

And also great news on the feeding - that determination of yours is definitely paying off!

Oh, and I've voted for D today!

Karen - great sleep! I wish A would sleep a little longer but shouldn't complain at six hour stretches.

Was going to write more but A is awake so better go and get her up.
After 16 months TTC, surprise BFP July 10
DD1 Mar 11
After 9 months TTC, BFP on 4th Clomid cycle Feb 13
DD2 Oct 13
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2011 at 12:49pm
Hey ladies

BK I've voted for D. Fingers crossed he wins!

Thanks Amalyse

Well I've had an interesting few days. Tuesday afternoon I started to feel shakey, hot and light headed. I was going to head to my mums for the night but I didn't think it was safe for me to drive. After a little while I decided that heading to the hospital would be a good idea so I got my nana to look after Seth while I went to get checked out.
Well! It was a good thing that I good checked out as my temp was 39.6 and my heart rate was 145bpm. I have a sore on my elbow and one on my collarbone and I was worried that they were infected. Seems they were!
So I stayed the night at the hospital getting fluids and IV antibiotics and soon felt much better! 20 hours after turning up at the emergency dept I was discharged with some really hard core antibiotics and more pain killers than I have ever had before! 72 strips of paracetamol!!!
Antony, gone but never forgotten 2-4-2010

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2011 at 12:51pm
Oh and plunket came on Tuesday too Seth is now 5.51kgs and 60cm long at 13 weeks. She's really happy with his progress and everything like that.
Antony, gone but never forgotten 2-4-2010

RubyBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RubyBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 3:34pm
Hello ladies
3 month jabs this morning. Jacob was crying before he got them, and was crying after. The DR actually said to me today, I really don’t understand how you do this. Are you sure you are ok? Wow that was nice, I was beginning to think he thought I was blowing it all out of proportion, but the way that Jacob was screaming the whole time and arching his back, even he was surprised.
I have my referral though, and go to mothercraft on Monday. So looking forward to it. Not looking forward to being away from DH for a week, but if they can help me with my boy then it will be worth it.
He’s asleep now though!

We are not even wrapping Jacob at all at night now, last night he slept 10 hours. Still wrapping during the day, mostly cos it calms him when he is having a screamfest.

Karen (and Mum2QTs if you are out there) hope you are both doing ok. Big hugs. I can’t imagine how awful it is.
Our power has gone off a couple of times in the last week, and its driving me barmy, DH pointed out that at least we know its gunna be back on shortly, imagine what its like for ppl in CHCH... so yeah, I can only imagine.
Mum2QTs I’m sure that is one good thing about heading off to India, you are not going to have to worry about the shakes.

LL – big hugs, you’re going through a lot right now huh? Glad you went to the hospital though!

Wow its crazy reading your guys baby weights at 12-13 week checks being 5.something kgs... I thought Jacob was massive at 6.8kgs, but at coffee group I was talking to a the other mums, and one has a little girl who was 6.5kgs at 10 weeks, and the other a little boy who is... 6.5kgs at 7 weeks!!!!!! He doesn’t even look that big, but he is solid as!!

Well dinner is cooked, washing is up to date, I am going to make the most of what little quiet time I may have left and read for awhile!!
[URL=http://lilypie.com][IMG]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/c6rDp13.png][/URL]

[URL=http://lilyslim.com][IMG]http://swlf.lilyslim.com/xr3Sp12.png][/URL]
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 7:53pm
Rubybaby, that's great that you can go to mothercraft. I know of a cple of mums who have used it and found it so helpful. I wish we had something like that in Akld! Ana' has been much more settled and happy over the past 3 days. I think we've finally got her reflux under control and perhaps she's outgowing the colic? I've noticed that she gets overtired very quickly and if I don't get her swaddled and ready for a nap in time she looses th eplot and is impossible to settle. I still rock her to sleep in my arms for every sleep .

LL. luckily you went to hospital! Hope you're starting to feel better. No offence, but I can't believe they gave you so much panadol, esp as you have PND. I think it's pretty irresponsible of the Drs.

BK, so pleased to hear the BF is going well

AFM, I'm still in QT but hope to get back home tomorrow. I'm so keen to get home, back to my usual routine. DD1 has been pushing limits and DD2 has been sleeping terribily since we've been away. I'm wondering whether to shift her to a cot (from her moses basket) when we get home, as she's been in a porticot while away. Although saying that, she sleeps better in her basket..Have many of you moved your babies to cots yet?

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 11:00pm
D still needs wrapping to go to sleep, tried one or both arms out and he just screams and carries on til I tuck his arms back in and his eyes literally start closing immediately. Have been leaving his legs unwrapped and hes ok with that, but he hates his arms being 'free' Jae was the complete opposite, would fight it until she was out, then go to sleep. Not sure how to wean him off being wrapped eith, I dont think the ones I have will last much longer as hes getting too big!'
Brandon - 05/12/2003

urfriendlypharmacist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urfriendlypharmacist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2011 at 12:43pm
We recently moved DS into his cot in his own room. We were on holiday in Taupo and he slept in his own room there and did fine, so we decided it was time to move him on out of our room at home. He is doing great. Last night we went out to dinner and he slept the whole time in the Moby wrap. I was able to move his in/out of his carseat and into his crib unswaddled (he is usually swaddled for most sleeps). He, again, did well with that and actually stirred less than usual. He didn't even need me to get up to put back his dummy during the night. I am a happy mommy.
Marengo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2011 at 5:50pm
im worried about weaning off wrapping to, i tried emily in an ergo cocoon and she slept for about and hour then woke with ehr arms wriggling around crying, how do you wean them off swaddling? i thought you were meant to do it about now ish b ut i cant see emily coping with it very well at all!

sitting here at the table and there is lots of wildfire in the clouds and quiet rumblings of thunder, going to be another stormy night!!

Our angel Ella Louise born 13.04.
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2011 at 8:50pm
Weather is shyte today, was driving back from Bombays and going 50kph on the motorway, couldnt see enough to go any faster!

I cant remember how to wean from swaddling lol, B was swaddled, but somewhere along the line he must have grown out of it... so at least I know D wont be going to school and still need swaddling to sleep hehe
Brandon - 05/12/2003

mumzie4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumzie4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2011 at 9:10am
I have no idea how to "wean" of wrapping either,I really don't think Eden will cope with it either.She only sleeps if she is wrapped,must have a look on the net if its got anything on there that might be helpfull.Have a great day everyone
greenstone27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenstone27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2011 at 10:27am
*lurker*

You mean theres issus with weaning off swaddling also! Arghhh I only just got my boy in his cot! hahah No one told me id have issues with that, that was 2 days of screaming the house down lol....

My friend wrapped her daughter until she was 1 lol....

*lurker out*

Edited by greenstone27

Hes finally here :-)
mumzie4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumzie4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2011 at 6:26pm
Ruby,goodluck at mother craft tomorrow!Awesome that you got a referral.I've heard some really great things about it ,
Kabe,I decided to skip the whole bassinet stage with Eden,I had so much trouble getting my other kiddies to sleep in their cot after the bassinet so I wanted to avoid that whole situation.She does fine in her cot,in her own room (with a monitor).I guess she has never known any different though,except while we had our stay at maternity.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 371372373374375 376>