FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe Serious name lovers thread!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 38394041>
Author
EcoMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EcoMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2011 at 9:38am
argh - DP and I have never agreed on names! Luckily he had NOTHING for a girls name when number 1 came along Lilijanna Pearl. And because I had such a strong reasoning behind the name he couldnt argue. (Lili is the hebrew meaning of Susan - my name. And Janna is the second part of my absolute soul mate best friends name - Mariejanna who had all boys and woudl have used Janna for a girl if she had one - so Lilijanna is super special to us. Pearl is the birthstone for the month that I was due and lost the baby, if we hadnt have lost that baby I couldnt have got pregnant with Lilijanna so that is our tribute to the baby that gave itself up for Lili) (pronounced Lily Yah naa, the J is said like Y - my friend is dutch and Jana is also a croatian name and my mum is croatian - so everything is perfect)

PROBLEM! I am now pregnant with number 2......DP and I CAN NOT agree on anything and I absolutely HATE the names he has (which are all boys names again....but I think we are having another girl) and he keeps saying that because I named Lili that he should name number 2 - yikes! I wont tell you what his choice of names are because I dont want to offend someone with those names - but Im a school teacher and there are just SOME names I cant do! (history is a very repetitive thing and funnily enough kids with the same name even years apart can be soooo much the same in their personality)

So I am tryign really hard to find a name that has as much meaning as our first....I also dont wnat number 2 to think number 1 got all teh good names and she just ended up with something out of a book because mummy was too busy with baby 1 (the age gap is going to be close, I dont want her to think she was an accident)

anyway - thanks to everyone so far who has added names to this list! it has been really useful!
Sponsored Links

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2011 at 1:12pm
lol EcoMummy my hubby is the same! Because I picked our twins first names Hazel & Esmé and he picked the middle names Lily & Ada he thinks he should get to pick the first name for the next baby. Now even though I loved that he picked Lily and Ada I have heard some of the names he likes for the next and it's got me terrified!

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2011 at 1:18pm
ARGH! My DF is the same! I suggested Isla's name (cause he couldn't come up with anything for a girl) and he just so happened to love it so agreed, but now we are expecting #2 he is like 'you named Isla, so I get to name this one!'. He is planning on naming it (if a boy) after him........ so first, middle and last name all the same!!! Not on my watch buddy!!! lol
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2011 at 3:43pm
I'm future planning as I do and need a middle name that goes with Jack. Last name Prestidge. Preferably two syllables.

Any suggestions?

MC April 2010
Tissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2011 at 5:29pm
arthur
charles
thomas
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2011 at 8:06pm
Noah?

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 10:36am
William?
Matthew?
Michael?
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 1:40pm
Actually Noah was my original choice for a first name but I went off it after I saw how popular it was becoming. Still might be nice for a middle name...

MC April 2010
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 1:42pm
At the moment my husband likes Isaac. So I was thinking maybe Jack Isaac Prestidge but is that a little to matchy?

MC April 2010
KiwiAtHeart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiAtHeart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 2:46pm
Noah and isaac were on our list but Noah is just waaay to common now for me to use and DH likes isaac but isnt 100% on it and i want it to be a name we both love.
In saying that i think i have come up with a name that i really want to use, just gotta check with DH.

MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 4:18pm
I like that Lisa, sounds great.
Anyone want to name our child?? DH just have completely different ideas and can't agree on anything.

minipig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minipig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 4:48pm
Does anyone know when they bring out those lists of the top baby names for the year (the New Zealand one)

I'm really struggling with girls names as everything I like always seems to be so popular
Ducky101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducky101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 12:04pm
HI EcoMummy!
If you dont mind me asking, what was your story with how you said you couldnt have gotten pregnant if it wasnt for the bubs you lost?

Sorry, Im not being a freak lol, I feel like I can relate to you. Because if I hadnt gotten pregnant in 2010, I wouldnt have known I had kidney failure. I had to give up my bubs to stay alive and now I got the go ahead to get pregnant after a kidney transplant from DH last year October. So if my lil angel hadnt come along and given up its life, I wouldnt be able to have the chance to get pregnant now.

I love your names btw!

DH and I have already decided on names haha, when were not even engaged and I was still in school. Olivia Elsie for a girl and Jacob Michael or Jacob Jonathan. These names are in our family and we want to carry them on.
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 12:37pm
OT - Ducky101, I remember reading your story and bawling my eyes out! I've thought of you and wondered how you have been doing. I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well. All the best on the baby-making journey - I hope it's a quick one for you
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 2:02pm
Minipig, they come out at the end of January or the start of Feb.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
dneyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dneyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 8:28pm
Ducky101 think you might have been in my due in thread or one before me in 2010.congrats on the upcoming bub

Master 11
Master 9
Master 1
Ducky101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducky101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 9:57am
dneyn, do you remember me? oh i think you're the first! I was due in September 2010, so might have been? hows your lil bubs?? And are you UTD again? hehe nice to hear from someone from way back then!
Ducky101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducky101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 12:49pm
Oh and mummydee - somehow i missed your reply to the tread. Sorry for that :) Hope your pregnancy is going well?
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2012 at 11:40am
Ok, just because I am bored...
no plan to add to the family for another couple of years but we talked about names the other day and I got reminded of how much I hate that part. DH is a PITA and no help at all with suggestions such as Borat...

*gender specific names only
*minimum of 2 syllables - our last name only has 3 letters
* can't start with E, J, L, S, T, R or Th
*I am German so ideally something my parents can say too
*should be pronounced the same in German/English
Here we go again, another baby on it's way!
Tissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2012 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by sem sem wrote:

*gender specific names only
*minimum of 2 syllables - our last name only has 3 letters
* can't start with E, J, L, S, T, R or Th
*I am German so ideally something my parents can say too
*should be pronounced the same in German/English

Girls -
Monica
Nadine
Nicole
Gabriele

Boys-
Alexander
Benjamin
Daniel
David
Frank
Marcel
Markus
Mike (Maik or other spellings. Michael as full name)
Wolfgang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 38394041>