FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSCARED!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
ALittleLoopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2010 at 6:56pm

okay so i havnt written in a while

quick update is that i had the sleep study edinborough score of 16...mw tried to refer me to mental health but the have asked i do another test to see if its worse....im now at level 23!!! so they are directly going to my GP to get citrolopram or whatever its called as she wants me on Meds NOW!!...

kinda scared to be on them but i guess its for the best....they want me on them by the weekend! Shocked

Edited by BAMN08

CHEM 6/12+
Sponsored Links

myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2010 at 7:22pm
I was a bit scared to go on meds but I felt so much better afterwards. Be aware that it might take a week or two to really start feeling better, hopefully they will start you out on a low dose to ease you into it.
Lindsey

mummytobesep08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2010 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Linzy Linzy wrote:

I was a bit scared to go on meds but I felt so much better afterwards. Be aware that it might take a week or two to really start feeling better, hopefully they will start you out on a low dose to ease you into it.
within a week or two she might have something else to feel better about hehe if that baby is out!!!

I do hope you feel better soon. You might even find that starting on Citalopram now will help once you have baby- it might help you cope through the intense hormone drops that happen soon after birth (and all the other stuff that a new baby brings!)

Angel babes '07 & '10- <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2010 at 10:17pm

well we had more dramas today.... got the call from mental health to ask my docs number so she can contact her officially and ask for a script...my F*ck stick of a GP said No even when she tried to convince her that i needed them NOW ...apparently she wont write it without seeing me so promply told her to call me and tell me to make an appt....

UMM NO!! i dont hav the $40 for an appt, i sure as hell dont want to go all the way to pram two days in a row/ dont want to waste $20 on an EXTRA trip...plus i have to be at hospital for another TRIP to palmy on monday aswell...we aint made of money lady!!!

even the mental health lady wasnt impressed...not sure what to do now as she wanted me on them before the weekend since im to take half tabs for a week then go onto 20mg and ideally she wants me on full dose before bubs...haha yeah right!!

CHEM 6/12+
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2010 at 10:48pm
What a silly billy GP....hope you get it sorted Nic. Just remember it won't be a total fix but it can make a huge difference to the ups and downs...my DH is so much more stable now he is on antidepressants.

Looking forward to hearing the news that your little one has arrived!

Oct 11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2010 at 10:51pm

lol TaliP keep an eye on my due thread for text updates....my text buddy had hers today so shell be home soon to update my labour and delivery...

unless you have my FB lol as im planning to text that from unit....

CHEM 6/12+
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2010 at 8:03am
Nic, I know the extra money is a pain in the butt, but your health is worth it, really it is! See if you can find a way to get that prescription eh?
kazzam34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kazzam34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2010 at 2:03pm
it's so frustrating that someone can't get essential drugs because of money. I came her from the UK, and never realised how lucky we were there in terms of all the stuff you get for free.

Don't know if it helps, but when I saw the GP in New Zealand for depression last year he told me that the appointments were free as they were 'funded'. Wouldn't the same apply to you?

Kazzam
MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2010 at 5:28pm
Thinking outside the square, as this visit relates to your pregnancy, would the appointment be free? I would like to think that your dr saw it that way.   I know when I saw my doc the first time I found out I was pg, to find out about taking the drugs, he just signed it off as a maternity visit

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2010 at 6:24pm
Unfortunately maternity visits are only free for the first 12 weeks. After that funding shifts to your LMC. But maybe there are funded appointments for PND?
girly_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girly_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2010 at 8:54pm
Oh Nic YES you need the drugs and what a PITA your GP is being!! Be prepared that the citalopram won't feel like it is working straight away but you should start to feel better real soon. Don't forget to text me anytime k? I know what its like 0274222198

Major hugs xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2010 at 10:29am

thanks hun

quick update on me:

GP only works mon and thurs and today im in palmy for hosp and thurs i see mw so cant see her for over a week if i tried and then bubs will be here probably and so wont be able to get down there as its just too far...stupid cow!!

officially one day overdue today....really gutting to be honest although the idea of her birth is now more freaking scarey than exciting!

we have to brave slips and flooding to get to palmy for monitoring/tests/scan today so wish us all the best, hoping to get a S&S while im there too...will update how it went when we get back...

xx

Edited by BAMN08

CHEM 6/12+

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2010 at 7:06pm

AngryWeve just been for another hospital trip for monitoring and a scan and come away happy shes perfectly fine but that im still having strong contractions and nothings happening, i also got told that Stretch n sweeps arent their job when kim (my mw)  told me id be able to get one...im really feeling rather let down by the whole system and now have to wait till thursday to see kim for my first S&S at nearly 41 weeks, they mentioned today that if this keeps up and she hangs on then il be looking down the barrel of induction at 42weeks and that has me VERY upset, i dont want to birth in palmy let alone i wanted this to be a very natural experience.  Cry

Everything is just becoming too much and i want to just chill out at home, enjoy my days alone with mat and try not to think about how down i am and the impending arrival too much...but thats not going to be easy,...on the way home we got texts from my parents, my brother and calls from each of mats parents...i was getting so annoyed that i just told mathew to answer his own dam fone and risk a fine coz he was driving!!!! I never do that!!! Shocked

im so terrified of this birth yet terrified of it making it to induction Cry

STATS FROM HOSPITAL TRIP:

CTG was perfect, Heartrate was gorgeous, LOTS of movement including a set of hiccups, and contractions 10-15mins apart measuring about 99!! Scan showed lots of fluid all be it all in one pocket and good size, BP was 130/74 so no sign of pre-eclampsia :)

CHEM 6/12+
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2010 at 8:09pm
I am so sorry that things are progressing faster for you and that communication about who does what isn't working properly.
Have a look at this thread about ways to try and induce labour. I am not sure when you are supposed to start trying these (both my boys were early) but maybe if the weather is good you could try going for a walk each day to help move baby along
Lindsey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 8:14am

ok this is probably really wrong but i dont know where else i can vent it too so here goes...

im getting really upset everytime i hear of a new baby in my due thread here or others im in and although i cant help myslef checking in i also am not starting to have alot of trouble coping with all the congrats going to someone else....esp those that werent even due yet or had electives before their dates....

it all just seems soo dam unfair....its so stupid i know but i am really happy for them as iv got to know them and subsequently their babies but i can help but go "oh yay, she had her bubs" and then straight into crying and "why the hell isnt that me!??"

today is a good example, a girl i talk to very often is finally having her baby at 41 weeks so shes even a few days over more than me and she is also been feeling upset and scared at the idea and without getting into the whole situation im just going to say shes had it alot harder than me and probably alot more pain so she deserves it well and truely....but its turned my day into a complete rollercoaster as im so stoked shes finally getting her lil girl but i want mine too and i really wanted todays date aswell which she is definately going to get....it makes it really hard to be truely happy for her and i HATE that about myself atm

RARRRRR im thinking i need to get dh to disable some websites for a while maybe?

CHEM 6/12+
amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 8:37am
hugs from me nicola. although it doesnt seem like it you may well be her in a couple of days. You have a s&s at your midwife tomorrow so hopefully that will get things moving.

I have some idea how you are feeling as I really wanted a boy. I feel so guilty for still wishing I had a boy even though I am happy about having a girl, just maybe not as happy. Everytime in my due thread when someone says they found out from their scan that they are having a boy I am so jealous. And it makes me cry cause I wanted a mummys boy not a daddys girl. (i think its cause I am worried a girl will have a relationship with me like I have with my mother which isn the greatest). I know its stupid.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 8:42am

Not supid hun, id be the same if i was having a boy!!! crazy as it seems we really wanted a girl as i do have a great friendship with my mum and mat really wants a daughter so it was girl or be dissappointed for us.....sounds mean and ungreatful but i do get those feelings!! i sad to mat when we went for our scan, "what the hell are we goin to be like if its a boy?" i was really scared of my reaction to it being a boy more than anything.....the really stupid thing is i want one of each gender anyway so realistically it wouldnt have even mattered but we just want a girl so bad and i always go by the "ya never know, i may only get to have one baby" theory lol....

sorry for rambling, just thought id let you know theres bound to be lots of us out there that would be "dissappointed" or Upset that ya arent getting the flavour that you were hoping for but to be honest your NOT your mum so things will NOT turn out the same, you are you and if you want a relationship with your daughter your th one that has to work on that from the moment shes born!

CHEM 6/12+

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 8:55am
and another one...CryCryCry

CHEM 6/12+
amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 9:33am
hugs
mummytobesep08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by BAMN08 BAMN08 wrote:

im getting really upset everytime i hear of a new baby in my due thread here or others im in and although i cant help myslef checking in i also am not starting to have alot of trouble coping with all the congrats going to someone else....esp those that werent even due yet or had electives before their dates....

Hun I felt exactly the same! I was due on September 7th and for weeks we had been sitting around with a threat of early induction (due to a car crash and slowly developing pre-eclampsia) so pretty much from the 1st of August we were on the edge of our seats waiting for her to be born.

The 7th came and went...as did the 8th..and 9th...10th...11th..14th...17th...
By about the 20th I was getting really depressed. Pretty much everyone in our due sep group had given birth (I remember thinking "Hey no fair it's meant to be MY TURN FIRST!") I was also REALLY worried about being induced so every day that got closer to 42 weeks I would cry.
At one stage I even stopped coming onto the boards completely...which backfired cuz when I did go back on they all thought I had had my baby which only made it worse.
I knew inside I was happy for my ohbaby friends who had their babies but I could barely even type the words 'congratulation'. Thankgoodness txt is monotone and I didn't have to fake a smile!

In those last few days I stopped picking up the phone, turned my cell off, and everything. Just didn't wanna hear from anyone.

I had an appointment Monday morning on 22nd (15 days late) and started being induced 7am on the 23rd. Bubs finally got yanked out in the early hours of the 25th of September...so I officially took the cake for most over-due baby, at 18days over due!

Moral of the story is: It's totally ok to feel the way you do about everyone having their babies, especially when they 'jump the queue'! Of course it's polite NOT to say this to them (though it's OK to b!tch about how you just want bubba out!), and do try to type our a 'congrats' even if it kills you a lil bit inside.

it might help to stay off the boards for a bit...but it also might not! I found that, lame as it sounds, I was quite lonely when I cut myself for awhile. And when I went back on and said why I hadn't been on, the girls were all so nice and said it was totally normal to feel frustrated and they didn't mind one bit at all

Hang in there hun! And def give those ideas for inducing labour a go. Even if they don't work (obviosuly nothing did for me!) it can help because at least it can feel like you're doing something. And keep trying to look after yourself the best you can!

Angel babes '07 & '10- <3 <3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>