FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBreastfeeding debate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
Author
Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breastfeeding debate
    Posted: 24 September 2010 at 9:37am
On radio live now, Michael Laws is talking about breastfeeding, its quite interesting.

Sponsored Links

Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 9:46am
Oh, I thought you wanted one I'll try and tune in.

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 9:55am
What's the frequency?  Have I missed it?
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 9:55am

Originally posted by Hopes Hopes wrote:

Oh, I thought you wanted one I'll try and tune in.
Baahaa!

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 9:58am
its still on, google radio live, you can listen online

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 10:00am
Found it!  Thanks
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 10:19am
OMG Im chopping at the bit trying to get hold of the radio station to have my say! God that lady PAm made me angry!
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 10:30am
I've emailed them instead. 
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 10:31am
Im waiting on the phone now, yay
pumpkino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pumpkino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 10:46am
At the risk of sounding naive, how is there a BFing debate? I know some people choose to formula feed but surely noone is actually ANTI BFing?? What are the negatives??? I'd better not listen or my radio might end up being thrown out the window...
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 10:47am

It is Michael Laws he will debate anything.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
MyLilSquishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 10:59am
ooooh im interested..... but i agree .... how can anyone acutally be ANTI-BFing, obviously there are choices of course, and some people who cant for various reasons, but what debate is there?

anyone give me a brief statement about what happened? and what the callers said?

Kellz - did you get through?
kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 11:02am
Originally posted by pumpkino pumpkino wrote:

At the risk of sounding naive, how is there a BFing debate? I know some people choose to formula feed but surely noone is actually ANTI BFing?? What are the negatives??? I'd better not listen or my radio might end up being thrown out the window...

Its a debate wether formula should only be available on prescription
clover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 11:09am
What?? Prescription for formula???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 11:22am

I don't get the radio here, can someone enlighten me on what's being discussed.

WTF Why would a source of food nutrition need to be prescribed.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Renee & Lauren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee & Lauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 11:23am
I have to say I think it is ridiculous if they offered formula only by prescription. I feed my son on formula only cos I dried up and my dr said there wasn't anything I could do. Anyway if we were to have to go to the dr everytime it would be $15 for dr appt and prescription and then the formula appt of $22 EVERY WEEK. They have to understand that not everyone can breast feed, also my work don't offer a place to express so if I was to go back to work I wouldn't be able to express in the day.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 11:24am
caliandjack - i think they want to do it to force mums to BF and boost BFing numbers. absolutely ridiculous.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 11:26am

Originally posted by MyLilSquishy MyLilSquishy wrote:

caliandjack - i think they want to do it to force mums to BF and boost BFing numbers. absolutely ridiculous.

Agree!

[/url]

Angel June 2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 11:26am
If i hadnt had formula readily available, either I wouldnt "be here" (PND caused by all my BFing problems) or my son wouldve been hospitilised from too much weight loss from birth.

and we would have to pay $30 dr visit + $18 for formula. i think not.
Renee & Lauren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee & Lauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 11:27am
yes it is about boosting bf'g number like in oz BUT I can see if this happened that there would be a lot of stressed out mums here.. I know if I had to go to the dr everytime I need formula then I would become stressed out especially when you can't get an appt when you need one too
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>