FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWW ProPoints - new WW points plan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 1:04pm
I tried the thai chicken curry today - I think it was one of the most disgusting things I have ever had lol... the points on the new programme are different - I think it was 6 on the old plan and is now worth 8 points but they haven't changed the packaging yet, I calculated it with the online calculator. I bought a fish pie (irvine's I think) from the freezer yesterday for half the price and it was only 7 points and definitly more filling and tasty! I think I prefer home cooked stuff but on the days I dont manage to bring my own lunch it's good to know there is something else there.
Sponsored Links

Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 1:26pm
I agree the WW meal are nasty! The "meat" is processed and rubbery. I would rather make something from scratch at least you know whats in it! I can't even read half of the ingredients on the packets!
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 2:00pm
I have had them before & thought they were ok, guess it depends which ones.

I have to make dinner for everyone else anyway, but sometimes I don't want to be tempted & as DH has shown me latley he does not care if he sabotages me so if I have pre made meals for a few dinners he won't feel he is on a diet & try & get me off mine
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 2:04pm
My DH is much the same Jazzy and it really makes me struggle... He also insists on buying me treats which is sweet but unhelpful! Anyhoo I do all the shopping and plan all the meals so I am going to control it all bwahahahaha! I am sort of making us both meet halfway, so I can control my protions of higher point foods and have with a salad and he can eat larger portions of my 'healthier' stuff. We are having home made burgers tonight and I will have one, he will have two :)
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 2:05pm
lol just called him DH - he is still DF - we haven't run off and got married yet!
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 5:22pm
i have tried almost all the WW meals. there is way more option over here in aus but all up i think they are ok. im not picky though and i found it good

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 4:06pm
Has anyone seen the price of the meals at Countdown? I have seen them on a bit of a special at PnS.
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 4:16pm
Yep they are $4.49 at countdown on special this week.
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 5:26pm
goddie thanks i have not decided what to do with meal plans...but will go back to having cereal for b'fast, salad & fruit for lunch & a salad & meat for dinner...will get a few of the ww meals for back ups, unless I really love them

oh & just got $15 from one card so will use it on them ha ha
BriAndOlisMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriAndOlisMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 5:28pm
Hi I am thinking about doing WW and DP has said he will do it with me.

I was wondering how many of you do it online vs meetings?

What do you find the pros and cons of each are?

Is there a price difference?

Anything else I should know?
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 5:38pm
online is way cheaper than meetings but not good if you arent self motivated. ive lost quite a bit doing it but i very rarely manage to eat all my points so sometimes have to boost it up with almonds or full fat milk etc but some ppl manage to eat all their points worth without too much trouble so i guess it depends on how your used to eating. i think that kind of answers then in a round about way

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Mrs_B Mrs_B wrote:

WW are offering a free online 2 week trial if anyone is interested Just remember to cancel it if you don't want to continue as it will automatically debit your credit card once the two weeks are up.

Weight Watchers Online Free Trial code is: 4-16-2401-7717 copy and paste it exactly as is into the promo code section when you are on WW Online Step 1. The trial is 2 weeks, and if you don't want to continue, you need to cancel at the end of the Trial, if you continue, WW Online is $29.95 per month.

Weight Watchers

check this out BriAndOlisMum. I joined the other day.... & plan to keep it going.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriAndOlisMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 8:18pm
Thanks Jazzy, I signed up for that about an hour ago :)

I have been trying to work out a menu for the next week before I go to get the groceries tomorrow.
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 9:37pm
Same here, am going back to basics & keeping it simple.
Kicker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 7:14pm
I'm not sure if i like the new plan yet, i feel like i am eating too much (still within points) to be losing any weight. I guess i will find out next week when i have my weigh in. I didnt count points last week as i was away in the gold coast. It does seem to be very popular though.

Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2010 at 8:07am
i have just started ww, on the day of the new launch thing so I dont know what the old plan was like, because Im breastfeeding I get an extra 10 points! Its very hard to eat them all, I feel like I dont stop eating, but its making me feel better and I definately have more energy
For anyone struggling to eat sooo much, I top up with dark blue milk to get all my points

Lost 900 grams in the first week, only 13.1 to go!!
http://lilypie.com]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriAndOlisMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2010 at 9:13am
Wow RaspberryJam great going.

This is my first day of counting points (wish me luck lol)

Edited by BriAndOlisMum
kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2010 at 1:25pm

Can someone please explain the new program I haven't done weight watchers in months so have been out of touch ?

Edited by kiwigal
Kicker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2010 at 1:39pm
The new program gives you around 29 points to be used daily - if you dont use them you lose them. You also get an extra ?49 points a week, to be used or not how you want ie 7pts extra a day or all 49 in one day. You also get exercise points.

Food is now worth more points on the whole, points are not worked out using KJ or cals just protein, carbs, fat etc. Fruit and most veg is 0 points, although it does say to eat these sensibly as they do have KJs, so no eating 100 bananas a day

I think thats about it.

kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2010 at 1:54pm

What is this extra 49 points ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>