FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSingle Parents Vent

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 11:33am
I am tired of being expected to do all of the work on the house by myself, when I have the girls. You live there, you have plenty of time after work when it's still light and don't have the girls, why not get off your backside and do something instead of waiting for everyone else to do it for you, as usual!!! The house needs to be sold, and we need to get the best possible price for it because we're already not going to get enough to pay off the mortgage, ACCEPT IT!!!! And do something to help instead of sitting back and doing all you can to make me suffer!!! It doesn't help the girls, or our relationship either!

Nic - I am at Uni, but I do it extramurally. It is hard, very hard!!! I have an assessment due next week which is going to be interesting. I am thankful I don't have placements though (doing a Bachelor of Business Studies). Good luck!!
Sponsored Links

nicandtyler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicandtyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 1:18pm
thanks minik8e, im not looking forward to the assessments!! Luckily its my final paper and then I graduate, and I would have loved to postpone it even longer but its nursing and you have to finish the degree within 5 years, plus I wanna earn myself my own money, get off the DPB and into my own place, so my lecturer can shove it, thanks god for a supportive family!

April '11
julz85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julz85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:51pm

The father of my daughter is getting married tomorow to the girl he cheated on me with , she has just turned 19 and is 6 months pregnant . he hasnt seen his daughter in over 6months and hasnt even sent a single message asking how she is in over 4 months, he also pays absolutly NOTHING in child support and has never ever paid a single thing for her (not even a pack of nappies or item of clothing to help out)  and he uses the excuse "i have no money".... hmmmm weddings , and rings , and other new babies cost money AHOLE so you must have some stashed away somewhere , im not a retard!!! .theres my vent ..... dont think i have to say much more than that LOL . 

Upside tho - we dont need him coz hes a dooche ( excuse the language)  She is a happy , healthy wee girl and she has me and my partner (the closest thing to her dad ) at her every beak and call   what more could a baby ask for ?

Nicand Tyler- i dont know exactly what you are going through as i dont study but i do work and i understand what you are saying about your lecturer as my big boss (a Male ) is the same and quite simply does not understand that it is actually quite difficult for me to work untill 8pm with an 18mth old esspecially when i have nothing to do with babys father , preschools actually arent open that late .... suprise suprise . I am lucky tho that my partner helps me and looks after her for me , i quite simply would not be able to work at my job without him there . Im glad you have a supportive family , Family are great at these times

Edited by julz85
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 7:11pm
I am completely over it today. I am sick of being mean mummy who disciplines, who says no you can't eat that even though you eat it all the time at Dad's, and sick of the hassles of getting a tired toddler to bed coz she stay up till all hours at her fathers.

I wish he hadn't told her he was taking her on holiday before he confirmed it with me coz now she is excited and I will be mean mummy again if I say no.

I am sick of the relentless grind of doing all the work and always being the person who gets up in the night and spends hours getting the child to sleep.
.... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2011 at 8:08pm
Getting more and more wound up with the ex.
Went shopping again today for bath-time stuff to prepare for baby's arrival.

Ended up getting a bath, nail scissors and a bunch of shampoo/bedtime bath lotion/baby oil/baby powder etc which as usual I had to pay for the lot, after he picked out half of it saying "we should get this!"

Later went to Farmers to look at bath toys and special teddies for the baby and he spent the whole time picking out bath toys for a baby and I thought we were getting somewhere, but he proceed to say they'd be great for his 5 year old daughter. Gah.

We made up a list the other day of stuff we still need to get and I suggested I get the bath-time stuff, and he chooses something else on the list to get (to give him a hint), but he said he'd rather come along and get the bath stuff together.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can get him to take a bit of the financial responsibility?
So far I've sorted clothes up to about six months, cot, bassinet, pram, bath stuff, changing table, and he's not paid a cent or bought a thing, and it's really starting to frustrate me now that he has a flatmate so he has spare cash, and he's always got a new pack of smokes.

I wish I could just yell at him (haha) but I don't want to ruin the friendship that we have at the moment or embarrass him.
nathansmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathansmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2011 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by nicandtyler nicandtyler wrote:

grrrrr are there any single mums out there that are at uni? and how the heck do you manage? I've just made the decision to move in with my mum so she can take Tyler to day care for me in the morning, and I can go straight to my uni and hospital placement (which they put me in at Auckland Hospital, when I asked for North Shore Hospital like three times in writing and well in advance). So I called them today and asked if it were possilble to change to North Shore as trying to get a 14 month old to kindy and then to a hospital placement by 7am was gonna be next to impossible, but at least if my placement was on the shore then I wouldnt have to travel all the way over into the city, my friggin lecturer was so rude, I hate him so much, I have gotten NO support I feel slightly better about going to stay with my mum temporarily, should take some of the stress off, but I cant believe how unhelpful uni has been, so p*ssed off right now

Hi Nic just reading this... how are things going at your mum's if you are still there?

I honestly would love to live with my mum but my father is abusive and lives there so I can't. Plus my mum has just come through chemotherapy/battling cancer so she couldn't provide childcare at any rate and I would have to look after her, and I have no other family in the country. It is TOUGH doing this stuff on your own!!
nathansmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathansmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2011 at 10:47pm
I have had nearly two weeks of sleepless nights and really grumpy baby because of his molars. Stupid ex has no idea what it's like to take care of a child fulltime without many breaks, which causes so much tension between us because he is so consumed with himself and "how much he can handle" - it's SO pathetic. Just find I have to pick up the pieces all the time.

Nathan wakes up at 5am/6am most mornings. If the ex wakes up at 8 or 9am he calls that "early". Because he didn't pay me a fortnight ago and my car needs repairs, I have to put Nathan in the buggy, off down to the bus and go to WINZ for a food grant etc. Because he couldn't be bothered getting out of bed at 8:30am to drop me off there. And besides all that I have yelling and swearing not just from him (because he feels guilty I'm taking the bus with Nathan), but from the rest of his family ringing me up and having a go at me!!!!

I just WISH that you would stop being sooooo abusive! Is that too much to ask? And I just wish that you realised how bl**dy hard it is for me instead of how hard it is for you, d*ckhead!
cheekymouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekymouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2011 at 8:06am
Stop freaking Texting me about how much of a nice thing it was that i did for my ex (it was his bday so sent him a pic of his son with a wee sign that said happy bday) or wishing me luck for my job interview....

Your lost your right to be part of my life as a friend when you slept with my Fiancee!!

I don't need to be reminded of you, the thought of you being with him rubs salt in the wound enough already

ETA: I know she trying to be nice, but after what happened i don't think that anything i do or anything in my life is her business anymore

Edited by cheekymouse
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2011 at 9:18am
Wow, what a cheek she has. I would be p!ssed off too.
Its a little too late for nice.

happymum21 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymum21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2011 at 5:10pm
You're still a fw, father of my daughter. You have known for weeks and weeks the costs of new school uniforms, stationery, school fees etc etc. You pay $67 a month child support while your two sons from your second marriage go to a Decile Ten school and you live in an affluent area. Why do I ALWAYS have to fork out for this kind of stuff and get thrown excuse after excuse for you having no money.
Oh but you could afford to go to Tauranga for the long weekend. FW!!!!
Becs

Whateversville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2011 at 4:46pm
I want another baby being single sucks *sigh*
.... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2011 at 7:35pm
Ahh, Pillow_Fight, was talking with mum yesterday about buying a heap of cloth nappies, mentioning that some are guaranteed for two babies, thus they could be sold on to offset the initial purchase price, and she looked shocked that I'm not even thinking about more children.

There's still 20 weeks until I have my first, and I'm only 21!
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2011 at 9:54pm
Stop feeding the child junk food at 4pm just before I pick her up f**kwit You do it on purpose because you know she won't eat her dinner if you stuff her with chips and chocolate milk. And don't smirk when I ask you not too - you are just using the child to get to me and thats not fair on her.

And stop driving her around in your car. You know you are not allowed to and telling me you can do what you like when she is with you and that I can't stop you is neither adult behaviour nor appropriate when we are talking about the safety of a 2 year old.

I hate you and I hate that you yell sh*t at me and I am too much of an adult to yell back. I want to vent to but am I doing it to your face? No, because I am too much of an adult to rock the boat and cause more problems.

Edited by Shelt
mothermercury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mothermercury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2011 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Shelt Shelt wrote:

And stop driving her around in your car. You know you are not allowed to and telling me you can do what you like when she is with you and that I can't stop you is neither adult behaviour nor appropriate when we are talking about the safety of a 2 year old.

I have a feeling I am going to be hearing things like this in the future. The one consolation is that he can't drive.

Shelt, he sounds like a real toad!
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2011 at 9:59pm
Yes well my ex couldn't drive when we split up either. He only got his restricted last week and we have been having a dispute about him driving her around. The NZTA have said it is against the law but today he took DD to Kawerau (about 1.5hrs down the road) and he can't see the problem with that He doesn't have much driving experience as he has only been learning since he moved in to his current flat in September and he can't see that he is putting DD's safety at risk. Plus its against the law. I am so incredibly angry that he took her out of town without telling me, and that he drove with her in the car and not just round town but for 3 hours on the open road today
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2011 at 7:16am
Originally posted by Shelt Shelt wrote:

Yes well my ex couldn't drive when we split up either. He only got his restricted last week and we have been having a dispute about him driving her around. The NZTA have said it is against the law but today he took DD to Kawerau (about 1.5hrs down the road) and he can't see the problem with that He doesn't have much driving experience as he has only been learning since he moved in to his current flat in September and he can't see that he is putting DD's safety at risk. Plus its against the law. I am so incredibly angry that he took her out of town without telling me, and that he drove with her in the car and not just round town but for 3 hours on the open road today

*lurker* you can drive dependents round on your restricted...
mothermercury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mothermercury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2011 at 9:58am
I think the thing here is that she doesn't actually live with him as a dependent.

Shelt, I am angry at this guy too and I don't even know him!
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2011 at 11:44am
lil_nic apparently unless you are their main caregiver they don't count as a dependant. I think if he were pulled over he wouldnt get ticketed for her though.
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2011 at 11:47am
Ahh I see! Ignore me then! I just thought that as she was in his care at the time... But that makes sense too!
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2011 at 10:08pm
bowie is right Lil_Nic, he has to be her main caregiver to be able to drive her round and he only has her for 26hrs a week. Under the court order I have day-to-day care (effectively custody) and am responsible for her needs, and he has access (also known as visitation). There is about 4 points that need to be met under the law for him to be able to drive her round and he meets none of them. He can apply for an exemption after 6 months but a) its only been 10 days and b) he meets almost none of the criteria.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>